Firmware problem

Support for our english speaking visitors

Moderator: Co-Administratoren

Antworten
pmarien

Firmware problem

Beitrag von pmarien » 11.10.2008, 19:30

Hi,

[apology for using english - german answer is OK, but my writing would send you into uncontrollable laughter :-]

I've just updated my CCU to version 1.3 and something appears to have gone wrong - the display says BOOTING, but nothing happens. I've tried most things I can think of (waiting 10 minutes before powering up again, accessing via USB, pressing different key combinations, .... ) Nothing helps.

Is there a recovery mode that anyone knows about? Can I upload the firmware via tftp or equivalent?

In short: HELP!

Philip
Zuletzt geändert von Roland M. am 30.10.2018, 10:28, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Grund: Thema verschoben

MHE

Re: Firmware problem

Beitrag von MHE » 11.10.2008, 23:05

Hi Philip,

I think you have exactly THIS problem -
http://homematic.monkeybits.de/componen ... -ccu-crash

hope that will help
Michael

pmarien

Beitrag von pmarien » 12.10.2008, 10:09

Hi Michael,

Thanks - but that's not the problem: the firmware appears to have uploaded, but after installing, the CCU just displays 'BOOTING'. I suspect something has gone wrong during the upgrade on the machine. So I can't get into the CCU to disable anything... It's like I need a boot disk or something to get it going again...

Thanks for trying to help.

Ph.

kaju74
Danksagung erhalten: 19 Mal

Beitrag von kaju74 » 12.10.2008, 10:23

Hi..

That's the first time I heart about this problem, so...sorry, I can't give any instructions how to solve this. You may contact eQ-3 directly...and: If you've got any answer to solve this problem, just post it here, so I can include this into my blog.

Thank you 8-)

Greets,
kaju

MHE

Beitrag von MHE » 12.10.2008, 10:26

Hi Phlip,

did you try to reset the CCU? - smal button on the back!

Michael

pmarien

Beitrag von pmarien » 12.10.2008, 14:13

Hi,

Yep - tried the reset button. Just comes back as booting. It's as if it doesn't find an operating system... I know that certain routers can be 'unbricked' by sending a firmware image. This usually involves pressing buttons in a certain sequence or for a certain period. I was hoping this existed for the CCU as well. If it does, it doesn't appear to be documented anywhere...

I'll contact e3-q to see what they say. If anything useful (i.e. other than please send the unit to us), I'll make sure to post it here.

Thanks again,

Philip

ASICS

Beitrag von ASICS » 22.10.2008, 14:56

I know the problem!

If I start the CCU with plugged power and Network it will always displayed "Booting".
If I start the CCU without power and Network it will work.

My be it will help you!

Sametime, my ccu RESTART after booting without power, so i wait untill the Vision Nr. are displayed e. g. "V. 1.3" and quickly I plugged the power in the ccu.
But be carefull, the batterys can lost the contact if you shack the CCU hard.

Antworten

Zurück zu „HomeMatic - english“