Homematic for UK heating control

Support for our english speaking visitors

Moderator: Co-Administratoren

dlw

Re: Homematic for UK heating control

Beitrag von dlw » 26.08.2014, 10:39

Dolph hat geschrieben:Well, i've finally bit the bullet and ordered all the equipment up online from Germany. Much cheaper to order from Germany direct than find a uk supplier.

On top of what DLW bought i've added a HM-PB-4dis-WM and a HM-OU-LED16 to assist in the WAF!

Plan is to set up some more complex scripts in the CCU that can be triggered by with a simple on/off press on the switch. The 16 status display will show which mode is currently enabled and give a summary of which rooms are calling for heat at any time. These will be used in addition to mobile apps and the webui - may even buy a cheap android tablet at some stage to act as the home controller - what do other people do?

One of the annoying things with my old system was never knowing why the boiler was running, how does the homematic system deal with batteries running outn the TRVs? Is there a warning in the ui?

Another question I have though is how does the HM-PB-4dis-WM fix to the wall, do i need a special back box?

Thanks
Hi Dolph,

Where did you buy your parts from? I used http://www.ehomeportal.de

Regards

Darren.

Dolph

Beitrag von Dolph » 26.08.2014, 18:12

Darren,

I used the same place. Was the cheapest I could find and had very reasonable delivery costs.

Regards

Dolph

Dolph

Beitrag von Dolph » 28.08.2014, 22:57

Ok another question!

I've bought a HM-LC-Sw1-FM to replace the thermostat to switch the boiler although i'm beginning to think I should have ordered a HM-LC-Sw1-SM

The HM-LC-Sw1-FM is rated fine etc but i'm a little confused about what button i should be connecting to it in order to teach it in and also how I should house it?

Any thoughts?

dlw

Beitrag von dlw » 30.08.2014, 12:11

Dolph hat geschrieben:Ok another question!

I've bought a HM-LC-Sw1-FM to replace the thermostat to switch the boiler although i'm beginning to think I should have ordered a HM-LC-Sw1-SM

The HM-LC-Sw1-FM is rated fine etc but i'm a little confused about what button i should be connecting to it in order to teach it in and also how I should house it?

Any thoughts?
Hi Dolph,

According to the manual the button is the manual switch into S1 or S2 which is positive applied and used manual switching of each of the outputs. Just use a light switch between L and S1 and this will work, Will it fit in a double socket? you could get a surface back box and lid. I spoke to the people at www.ehomeportal.de and when I told them what I was doing it was suggested I get the HM-LC-Sw1-SM.

Darren

Antworten

Zurück zu „HomeMatic - english“