Newbie questions

Support for our english speaking visitors

Moderator: Co-Administratoren

Antworten
CooledSpirit

Newbie questions

Beitrag von CooledSpirit » 01.10.2014, 15:19

Hello,

Pardon my English, it's not my native language either.
I have some questions about HomeMatic to check whether it is a good option for me to purchase. I'd like to use HomeMatic in combination with OpenHab for Central Heating. In my home, the thermostats will obviously be placed in the room to be heated, but the valve actuators (Stellantrieb) would have to be placed in another room (central place from which all heating pipes start).
  • Is there a limitation to the number of thermostats supported ?
  • Is there a limitation to the number of valve actuators (Stellantrieb) ? Or the number of valve actuators linked to one thermostat ?
  • I know there is a "low battery" indicator on the displays, but I was wondering if this low battery indicator is also broadcasted, for OpenHab to receive this status.
  • How sensitive is HomeMatic to interfercence ? For example, what if I also use Insteon or EnOcean, which both operate on 868 Mhz as well ?
  • Is there always a direct communication between thermostat and actuator valve or is it possible for Openhab to act as middleware in the communication between thermostat and actuator valve ?
  • HomeMatic is pretty mature now, how long is it realistic to assume it being supported for spare parts and other stuff (new products) ? 10 years ?
Many thanks for your assistance !

Kind regards,

Cooled Spirit.

romankern

Re: Newbie questions

Beitrag von romankern » 09.11.2014, 22:19

Schilder dein Problem doch kurz mal in deutscher Sprache?! Dan helfe ich dir gerne...

Viele Grüsse

Homoran
Danksagung erhalten: 4 Mal

Re: AW: Newbie questions

Beitrag von Homoran » 09.11.2014, 22:27

romankern hat geschrieben:Schilder dein Problem doch kurz mal in deutscher Sprache?! Dan helfe ich dir gerne...

Viele Grüsse
Hä?

Gesendet von meinem LIFETAB_E10320 mit Tapatalk
Alle meine Hinweise sind auf eigene Gefahr umzusetzen. Immer einen Fachmann zu Rate ziehen!

Boris

Re: Newbie questions

Beitrag von Boris » 09.11.2014, 22:53

CooledSpirit hat geschrieben:Hello,

Pardon my English, it's not my native language either.
I have some questions about HomeMatic to check whether it is a good option for me to purchase. I'd like to use HomeMatic in combination with OpenHab for Central Heating. In my home, the thermostats will obviously be placed in the room to be heated, but the valve actuators (Stellantrieb) would have to be placed in another room (central place from which all heating pipes start).
  • Is there a limitation to the number of thermostats supported ?
Supported by whom?
CooledSpirit hat geschrieben:[*]Is there a limitation to the number of valve actuators (Stellantrieb) ? Or the number of valve actuators linked to one thermostat ?
There can be linked up to 8 actuators to one thermostat simultaneously.
CooledSpirit hat geschrieben:[*]I know there is a "low battery" indicator on the displays, but I was wondering if this low battery indicator is also broadcasted, for OpenHab to receive this status.
[*]How sensitive is HomeMatic to interfercence ? For example, what if I also use Insteon or EnOcean, which both operate on 868 Mhz as well ?
Sorry, I don't have any experience with that.
CooledSpirit hat geschrieben:[*]Is there always a direct communication between thermostat and actuator valve or is it possible for Openhab to act as middleware in the communication between thermostat and actuator valve ?
I don't know Openhab but in general with the Homematic actors you can choose between direct links and controlling/linking over the central unit.
CooledSpirit hat geschrieben:[*]HomeMatic is pretty mature now, how long is it realistic to assume it being supported for spare parts and other stuff (new products) ? 10 years ?[/list]
Mhhh, hard to tell. There was an old series of heating control devices for Homematic which was totally replaced by the incopatible new ones.
So in general, I think there will always be a replacement for the feature itself but maybe not for the actual actors itself.
Ne products are announced regularly at the moment but I'm not a fortune-teller to say where Homematic is in 10 years...

Greetings,
Boris
romankern hat geschrieben:Schilder dein Problem doch kurz mal in deutscher Sprache?! Dan helfe ich dir gerne...
You are aware, that this thread was posted in the "HomeMatic - english" section?!
CCU3 / Homeputer CL Studio / 348 Kanäle in 120 Geräten:

Antworten

Zurück zu „HomeMatic - english“