ELV shipping to United Kingdom

Support for our english speaking visitors

Moderator: Co-Administratoren

Antworten
wutr

ELV shipping to United Kingdom

Beitrag von wutr » 03.10.2020, 17:16

Earlier this year I bought a bunch of HomeMaticIP heating stuff and now I'm looking to buy a CCU3 or equivalent to get it to work properly.

I got most of the devices from ELV, but they don't seem to offer shipping to the UK anymore. Has anyone else experienced this?

Is there another way I can get the items they make in the UK? I'm thinking specifically ELV Charly or at least RPI-RF-MOD, but if they don't offer UK shipping any longer I might not want to use HomeMatic anymore as I don't think there are many suppliers that offer the custom items ELV does!

Roland M.
System: CCU
Danksagung erhalten: 1397 Mal

Re: ELV shipping to United Kingdom

Beitrag von Roland M. » 03.10.2020, 17:36

Hello!

From time to time I use the service of www.logoix.com They offer a "real" German shipping address and forward your parcels to... well, at least Austria. I'd just ask if they forward to the UK, too.

I'm sure, there are other similar companies, too.

Roland
Zur leichteren Hilfestellung bitte unbedingt beachten:
  • Bezeichnung (HM-... bzw. HmIP-...) der betroffenen Geräte angeben (nicht Artikelnummer)
  • Kurzbeschreibung des Soll-Zustandes (Was soll erreicht werden?)
  • Kurzbeschreibung des Ist-Zustandes (Was funktioniert nicht?)
  • Fehlermeldungen genau abschreiben, besser noch...
  • Screenshots von Programmen, Geräteeinstellungen und Fehlermeldungen (direkt als jpg/png) einstellen!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
1. CCU2 mit ~100 Geräten (in Umstellung auf RaspberryMatic-OVA auf Proxmox-Server)
2. CCU2 per VPN mit ~50 Geräten (geplant: RaspberryMatic auf Charly)
3. CCU2 per VPN mit ~40 Geräten (geplant: RaspberryMatic auf CCU3)
CCU1, Test-CCU2, Raspi 1 mit kleinem Funkmodul, RaspberryMatic als VM unter Proxmox, Access Point,...

cmjay
Danksagung erhalten: 354 Mal

Beitrag von cmjay » 03.10.2020, 18:56

Just checked on Amazon.co.uk and found a variety of HMIP devices, including a CCU3.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/HomeMatic-1519 ... 499&sr=8-1
When searching for RPI-RF-MOD it spit out this German store offering shipping to the UK
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listi ... =8-1-fkmr0

Let's wait and see what will happen to the availability of HM(IP) in the UK after no-deal Brexit in January ... :roll:
Es kann leider nicht ganz ausgeschlossen werden, dass ich mich irre.
HmIP muss leider draussen bleiben. in Ausnahmefällen erlaubt
ACHTUNG! Per Portweiterleitung aus dem Internet erreichbare CCU-WebUI ist unsicher! AUCH MIT PASSWORTSCHUTZ! Daher: Portweiterleitung deaktivieren!

tomi_cc16
Danksagung erhalten: 56 Mal

Beitrag von tomi_cc16 » 03.10.2020, 20:11

If Amazon.de ships for moderate shipping costs to UK than I would probably buy there because they have good prices for Homematic IP.

Also check idealo.de or geizhals.eu

And read this link:
viewtopic.php?f=49&t=46608

wutr

Beitrag von wutr » 03.10.2020, 21:01

Roland M. hat geschrieben:
03.10.2020, 17:36
From time to time I use the service of www.logoix.com They offer a "real" German shipping address and forward your parcels to... well, at least Austria. I'd just ask if they forward to the UK, too.
That's an option, thanks. It does seem convoluted but might be the most economic way to do it when ordering larger quantities.
cmjay hat geschrieben:
03.10.2020, 18:56
Just checked on Amazon.co.uk and found a variety of HMIP devices, including a CCU3.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/HomeMatic-1519 ... 499&sr=8-1
When searching for RPI-RF-MOD it spit out this German store offering shipping to the UK
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listi ... =8-1-fkmr0

Let's wait and see what will happen to the availability of HM(IP) in the UK after no-deal Brexit in January ... :roll:
Yes they are available but at a big premium. The RPI-RF-MOD is three times the price of ELV's offer!
Post-Brexit will be a world of locked in Hive stuff I guess, yay.
tomi_cc16 hat geschrieben:
03.10.2020, 20:11
If Amazon.de ships for moderate shipping costs to UK than I would probably buy there because they have good prices for Homematic IP.

Also check idealo.de or geizhals.eu

And read this link:
viewtopic.php?f=49&t=46608
Good old Amazon.de :)

I also found PioTek.de who seem to offer some of the ELV kits and offer UK shipping for the same price ELV used to do (10,95).
Edit: I forgot I ordered half my items from getgoods.com They seem to offer almost 200 Homematic devices / kits. Don't know if they're still good value but worth a look for anyone interested.

Thanks everyone for your input, I don't know if I made the right choice or not going with HMiP considering the availability here. I thought it was technically superior to all the other stuff but to be honest I don't know if that's the case.

tomi_cc16

Beitrag von tomi_cc16 » 03.10.2020, 21:54

HmIP yes Good Choice to my opinion.
Zuletzt geändert von tomi_cc16 am 24.10.2020, 10:39, insgesamt 2-mal geändert.

wutr

Beitrag von wutr » 08.10.2020, 12:18

Here's the answer from ELV:
We are sorry to inform that we cannot process your order due to the fact that the legal delivery conditions have changed. For a delivery to your country, various - including legal requirements must be met and complied with.
This relates for example to challenges with regard to the disposal of packaging, the disposal of electronic devices or the disposal of batteries.

Since we cannot guarantee this in full at the moment, we are unable to deliver to your country.

cmjay
Danksagung erhalten: 354 Mal

Beitrag von cmjay » 08.10.2020, 12:44

Well, I should say that's the beauty of taking back control ... :mrgreen:
Es kann leider nicht ganz ausgeschlossen werden, dass ich mich irre.
HmIP muss leider draussen bleiben. in Ausnahmefällen erlaubt
ACHTUNG! Per Portweiterleitung aus dem Internet erreichbare CCU-WebUI ist unsicher! AUCH MIT PASSWORTSCHUTZ! Daher: Portweiterleitung deaktivieren!

tomi_cc16

Beitrag von tomi_cc16 » 08.10.2020, 13:46

:-)

I guess amazon.de is still shipping to UK - maybe also reichelt.de

Antworten

Zurück zu „HomeMatic - english“