Trying to use zone heating with WTH2, WHS2, eTRV-B and eTRV-2

Support for our english speaking visitors

Moderator: Co-Administratoren

Antworten
mwesten
System: CCU
Trying to use zone heating with WTH2, WHS2, eTRV-B and eTRV-2

Beitrag von mwesten » 16.04.2021, 21:22

I have a livingroom with 2 radiators and a thermostat and multiple rooms that I like to have heated on demand.

I've bought a thermostat HmIP-WTH-2 as thermostat and 2 Thermostatic valves (HmIP-eTRV-B) that can be triggered by the HmIP-WTH-2.
At the central heating unit(heater) I've got a 2 channel heating actuator (HmIP-WHS2).
In other rooms that need heating I have one radiator per room, each with a thermostatic valve and a HmIP-eTRV-2.
I also have the HmIP-CCU3 gateway unit.

I'd like to be able to set the temperature in the living-room with the WTH-2 Thermostat that opens the valves on the radiators in the living room and sets the heater switch to on, untill the set temperature is reached, at which the thermostatic valves in the livingroom are shut and the heater switches off.

If someone in another room needs heat, they increase the temperature on their thermostatic unit, at what time the unit turns the heater switch to on, until the temperature is set and the thermostatic unit closes the valve. if no other users are asking for heat, the heater is turned off.

How do I have to connect the different units with each other and/or with the ccu3 to be able to pull this off?
I can't see anything mentioned in manuals, or faqs on these products explaining how to setup zone-heating like this.

Any help and/or input is greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance !
Max

Hausmeister
Danksagung erhalten: 87 Mal

Re: Trying to use zone heating with WTH2, WHS2, eTRV-B and eTRV-2

Beitrag von Hausmeister » 16.04.2021, 23:17

Dont't know what kind of manuals you might have available, but the common setup would be following.

You connect all the devices to your CCU first, name them and asign them to the rooms and what kind of task they are supposed to work on.

This is very helpful for the overview, and makes it easier to look up single devices as soon as you have more units in your smart home system.

Then you can comfortably set direct connections on the CCU WebUI between the units in each room, in your case the wall thermostate and the radiator valve for example, so they deal out their room temperature directly with each other.

While this should be funktional more or less from here, the CCU is now simply listening to their business.

With a little program you can now controll the main heater system according to the status / demand of the rooms.
CCU3 und CCU2 für Heizung, Sicherheit, Energiesparen, Anwesenheit und Klingel
IOBroker und Google Home zur Einbindung Klimaanlage, Smartspeaker, SPS, Arduino D1 Mini...
Datenauswertung ECharts
Smart-Home sollte nicht "bedient" werden müssen!
Bitte immer Kirche mit Dorf direkt verknüpfen!!!

omicronCZ
System: CCU
Danksagung erhalten: 12 Mal

Re: Trying to use zone heating with WTH2, WHS2, eTRV-B and eTRV-2

Beitrag von omicronCZ » 25.04.2021, 14:56

I would just like to add @Hausmeister that a program for controlling the boiler is needed, or other programs for other functions.
Without a boiler, of course, thermostats with valves work only on the basis of direct connections (eg a common boiler room).

After checking the boiler, the program will regularly test the opening of each valve in any room.

When opening any valve over a certain limit (I have, for example, 5-7%), it changes the state of the variable for the request to turn on the boiler.

Another program detects a change in this variable, and switches on the boiler via the HM switch. As soon as the last valve closes again below the set limit, the boiler is switched off.

Another program can deal with summer operation, arrival and departure from the house (depending on the presence), etc ...

Antworten

Zurück zu „HomeMatic - english“