Homematic IP with AP - bathroom fan activation based on thermostat humidity reading

Support for our english speaking visitors

Moderator: Co-Administratoren

Antworten
Squall
System: Access Point

Homematic IP with AP - bathroom fan activation based on thermostat humidity reading

Beitrag von Squall » 19.05.2022, 15:24

Hi everyone!

I found the topics discussed here quite informative and I was trying to find the answer to my question on the forum (both English and German), but failed to do so. If I missed something, I would appreciate if you could point me in the right direction.

So, I currently have an AP and some blinds actuators. I plan to add the floor heating actuator and the necessary equipment for control (valve motors and thermostats). Since that equipment would include also thermostats with humidity sensor, I was trying to make my life easier, and thinking of trying to control the bathroom fan through the readings of the thermostat which will be installed in the bathroom.

I was wondering if something like that is possible. Basically, I would install a switch actuator to control the fan switch (HmIP-BSM or HmIP-FSM). As mentioned, thermostat would be installed in the bathroom and the thermostat reading would trigger the switch to turn the bathroom fan on or off, depending on the humidity reading.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

tomi_cc16
Danksagung erhalten: 56 Mal

Re: Homematic IP with AP - bathroom fan activation based on thermostat humidity reading

Beitrag von tomi_cc16 » 19.05.2022, 23:48

You can create simple rules in the HmIP App - therefore I think it should be possible.

You can also try Home Connect Plus App - here you can also create some rules for the HmIP Access Point even with other devices like Philips Hue, Sonos, Yeelight, ..

Or you install Home Assistant or IoBroker on a Raspberry PI - here you can even create more advanced rules.

Summary - for sure you can achieve it.

Squall

Re: Homematic IP with AP - bathroom fan activation based on thermostat humidity reading

Beitrag von Squall » 31.05.2022, 09:25

Thanks a lot for the info! I will test it out and post the results.

blueznl
Danksagung erhalten: 1 Mal

Beitrag von blueznl » 14.11.2022, 22:25

The only thing missing is the results :-)

How did you fare? I'd love to see how you solved the programming.

Squall

Beitrag von Squall » 15.11.2022, 16:04

Hey! I actually did not implement that part yet. Aiming to do that a bit later together with the floor heating system. Not sure if there will be much programming though as I have an AP.

blueznl
Danksagung erhalten: 1 Mal

Beitrag von blueznl » 15.11.2022, 20:18

I have an RH sensor in my bathroom, but couldn't figure out how to trigger the ventilation if the RH increased by 10% in the last 10 minutes or so. I now compare it with a normal room, and that works 99% of the time, but it would be nice if I could make it a little more sensitive by actually reacting to delta-RH over time 't'.

(if anybody else has a suggestion, feel free!)

Antworten

Zurück zu „HomeMatic - english“