HmIP-FALMOT-C12

Support for our english speaking visitors

Moderator: Co-Administratoren

Antworten
slowmo

HmIP-FALMOT-C12

Beitrag von slowmo » 09.10.2022, 03:12

Underfloor heating controller does not seem to have a demand signal for boiler and an output to control circulation pump directly on the controller. Is it possible to assign these functions to Multi IO Box? Installation/operation manual of controller does not give clear instructions on how to do it and whether it is possible at all.
Oh, and there is also 2 channel actuator HmIP-WHS2. Can this be used?

Gerti
System: CCU
Danksagung erhalten: 268 Mal

Re: HmIP-FALMOT-C12

Beitrag von Gerti » 09.10.2022, 09:13

Hi,

you can use both.
The MultiIO only makes sense, if your underfloor heating is able to do also cooling.

Gerti

Géo Trouvetout
System: Access Point
Danksagung erhalten: 9 Mal

Beitrag von Géo Trouvetout » 09.10.2022, 09:18

I use a FALMOT to control a floor heating circuit.
The heating circuit is controlled by a WHS2, which gives I/0 commands to the heating controller. The heating control then controls the heating circuit pump.

slowmo

Beitrag von slowmo » 10.10.2022, 01:03

Gerti hat geschrieben:
09.10.2022, 09:13
Hi,

you can use both.
The MultiIO only makes sense, if your underfloor heating is able to do also cooling.

Gerti
Yes, my heat pump will be able to do cooling as well. Do I understand correctly that input on Multi IO Box is used to receive a signal from heat pump, that it is now in cooling mode? Underfloor heating controller then reverses the logic of controlling valves and opens them when temperature in room is too high.

I have been monitoring HmIP for some time now to see how it evolves. Can't decide whether to go for it or no. Unfortunately, documentation is lacking a bit, so it is difficult to understand how everything will work. For example, Homematic IP user guide shows a picture of HmIP-FALMOT-C12, but configuration options (section 7.4.2) are only given for non-motorized controller where channel 1 is used to connect a local circulation pump.

Also, what is Bus connection used for on FALMOT-C12? Is it for connection to wired access point (HmIPW-DRAP)?

Gerti
Danksagung erhalten: 268 Mal

Beitrag von Gerti » 10.10.2022, 06:39

Hi,

if you can make use of cooling, you should use the MIOB.
It will be connected to your heat pump for the change over signal to switch between heating and cooling.
There are two different types of the FALMOT.
The HmIP-FALMOT and the HmIPW-FALMOT.
The first one is the wireless version, the second one the wired (Bus) version.
First one needs the HmIP-HAP as central unit, the second one needs the DRAP.
Within heating, you have to use FALMOT and Thermostat from same system (all wireless or all Wired).

Gerti

slowmo

Beitrag von slowmo » 10.10.2022, 18:08

Thanks for clarifying regarding different models. I did not realize there were two.
What about RF reception when controller is inside metal manifold enclosure? I have seen other brands providing external antennas for that.

If I have more than one underfloor pipe loop inside a room, I will have to use multiple channels. I am assuming those valve drives have stepper motors or DC motors with encoders to know exact position so that they stay in sync with each other, right?

And one last thing - is it possible to have something other than HmIP-WTH-2, HmIP-STH or HmIP-STHD as room sensor? Through some APIs using CCU3 maybe?

slowmo

Beitrag von slowmo » 14.10.2022, 22:00

And one more thing. If I add radiator thermostats as well, is it possible to get separate demand outputs for radiators and underfloor heating. My heat pump can decrease leaving temperature automatically, if there is no demand from radiators, thus becoming more efficient.

Skello
Danksagung erhalten: 1 Mal

Beitrag von Skello » 28.10.2022, 16:37

Gerti hat geschrieben:
09.10.2022, 09:13
Hi,

you can use both.

Gerti
Hello,

I hope I'm not hijacking the thread, but my question is quite similar to OP's.

I have a CCU3. I bought two HmIP-FALMOT-C12 controllers because I have two heating "zones" or areas -- a house with 2 floors and both have floor heating. The bottom floor has 11 circuits for the various rooms and the upper floor has 10 circuits, so I needed 2 controllers to control a total of 21 valves. Each room will also have its own thermostat.

I also bought a Multi IO Box and I have an air-to-water heat pump that can also do cooling (though not sure I want to do floor cooling because I heard it can cause condensation issues without a special sensor in the screed which should have been installed when the screed was poured over the floor heating).

The issue I have is that I have two circulation pumps, one for each floor and one for each controller. Can the Multi IO Box control 2 circulation pumps and each pump independently of each other with each pump receiving instructions from its respective floor controller? For example, let's say all valves on the ground floor are closed and there is no heat demand, then only the ground floor circulation pump should be stopped to prevent damage to it. There might still be demand on the upper floor so the upper floor pump should continue to operate.

I saw the Multi IO Box has 2 outputs, so I think it should be possible, but I'm not sure if these outputs are different and must be used for other purposes. The manual only shows 1 output configured for a circulation pump.

A separate issue would be: When there is no heating demand and both circulation pumps are stopped, I also want to signal the heat pump that there is no more demand for heating so it can adjust its operation accordingly.

I hope my setup and question makes sense. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

arturzx

Beitrag von arturzx » 01.12.2022, 09:23

Skello hat geschrieben:
28.10.2022, 16:37
The issue I have is that I have two circulation pumps, one for each floor and one for each controller. Can the Multi IO Box control 2 circulation pumps and each pump independently of each other with each pump receiving instructions from its respective floor controller? For example, let's say all valves on the ground floor are closed and there is no heat demand, then only the ground floor circulation pump should be stopped to prevent damage to it. There might still be demand on the upper floor so the upper floor pump should continue to operate.

I saw the Multi IO Box has 2 outputs, so I think it should be possible, but I'm not sure if these outputs are different and must be used for other purposes. The manual only shows 1 output configured for a circulation pump.

A separate issue would be: When there is no heating demand and both circulation pumps are stopped, I also want to signal the heat pump that there is no more demand for heating so it can adjust its operation accordingly.

I hope my setup and question makes sense. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!
Hello, I have similiar setup - two FALMOT-C12, each for one floor and few radiator thermostats. Heating is separated for two circuits - one for underfloor heating with mixing valve and one for radiators. I have WHS2 with 2 relays, each relay is driven by two FALMOT-s, heat demand channel is connected to separate channels in WHS2 and when one of FALMOTs demand heat pump of underfloor heating is activated. Second relay is driven by program which checks any of radiator valve position is >10% and activate pump of radiator circuit.

elijen

Beitrag von elijen » 16.12.2022, 15:14

slowmo hat geschrieben:
10.10.2022, 18:08
And one last thing - is it possible to have something other than HmIP-WTH-2, HmIP-STH or HmIP-STHD as room sensor? Through some APIs using CCU3 maybe?
I was wondering the same. Initially I wanted to use temperature/humidity sensors connected to HomeAssistant to control FALMOT via CCU3 but sadly this does not seem to be case. There seems to be no way to open/close valves via API or at least I haven't found it yet.

This is slightly problematic since I don't want to have a thermostat in every single room (like upstairs hallway, entrance, storage room etc.). Simple temperature sensor would be enough. Now I can either pair those valves to an adjacent room or remove the valve and use manual control. Neither of these options seem ideal.

Antworten

Zurück zu „HomeMatic - english“