My experiences

Support for our english speaking visitors

Moderator: Co-Administratoren

Antworten
blueznl
Danksagung erhalten: 1 Mal

My experiences

Beitrag von blueznl » 11.12.2014, 22:21

Just unpacked my CCU2 and some accessoiries, and hit a few stumbling blocks. I guess the documentation might need some updates...

1. USB approach would not work, driver wouldn't install on my Windows 7 Home Premium box.

2. Could not access the CCU2 using the given URL in the manual. However, my Fritzbox has DHCP enabled, and I could access the CCU using the IP address I looked up in the home network on the Fritzbox.

Quite a challenge if you need to setup a new fresh CCU2 in an environment without (access to) a DHCP server...

3. Had some troubles updating the firmware, but managed to in the end. Firefox was troublesome, but IE worked.

4. The LED code 'quick off off' isn't documented, but it seems to do the same thing as 'quick off quick'.

5. By default there is no username. But when you hit 'logoff' you cannot login again, unless you restart your browser session.

6. Ran a few times in the 'too many users' problem. No clear reason, but waiting a few minutes fixed it. Documentation needs a clear note telling the user to 'log off' instead of closing the browser.

Just some first notes. Digging deeper...

Onthefly
Danksagung erhalten: 3 Mal

Re: My experiences

Beitrag von Onthefly » 12.12.2014, 13:35

Hi there,
blueznl hat geschrieben:3. Had some troubles updating the firmware, but managed to in the end. Firefox was troublesome, but IE worked.
You may want to double check in Firefox if you have activated the automatic decompression/unzipping files upon download. I know that this is a standard setup in Safari and has always caused troubles when downloading new Firmware.
Firefox and/or Chrome has been the best choices so far!
blueznl hat geschrieben:5. By default there is no username. But when you hit 'logoff' you cannot login again, unless you restart your browser session.

6. Ran a few times in the 'too many users' problem. No clear reason, but waiting a few minutes fixed it. Documentation needs a clear note telling the user to 'log off' instead of closing the browser.
it is strongly recommended you assign yourself a User specific Password AND deactivate Automatic Login.

Good luck :)
OTF

blueznl

Beitrag von blueznl » 12.12.2014, 19:53

Thanks again, Onthefly! You'll get more and more questions :shock:

Perhaps this will help other people as well understanding the system, and avoiding unneccessary questions :lol:

So, more questions...

When creating a CCU2 program / scrips using Programs and connections / Programming & CCU connections / New there are a few options on screen that I'm not entirely sure of.

1. What does the checkbox 'intrinsic' in the column 'Action' exactly do?

2. I have several options for the 'condition'. Is the following assumption correct: a. 'trigger when changed' means the specified action will only be executed if the specified trigger changed from false to true?

3. If so, what's the difference between 'trigger when updated' and 'check'?

Onthefly
Danksagung erhalten: 3 Mal

Beitrag von Onthefly » 12.12.2014, 22:08

Hi there,
blueznl hat geschrieben:Perhaps this will help other people as well understanding the system, and avoiding unneccessary questions :lol:
People may consider to start reading manuals :mrgreen:
blueznl hat geschrieben:1. What does the checkbox 'intrinsic' in the column 'Action' exactly do?
That allows you to define that particular CCU Programe as an intrinsic (invisible) programme that wont be listed per default in the list of your programs. In order to see the intrinsic programs you need to klick on "Show intrinsic programs" in the overview screen of your CCU programs. It is rather a matter of how you really organize your programs as it has no influence on the program itself.
blueznl hat geschrieben:2. I have several options for the 'condition'. Is the following assumption correct: a. 'trigger when changed' means the specified action will only be executed if the specified trigger changed from false to true?
Yes or a value, ie. Temperature, changes.
blueznl hat geschrieben:3. If so, what's the difference between 'trigger when updated' and 'check'?
Unlike "trigger when changed" the option "trigger when updated" will trigger the program when the value has been updated, no matter if that value has been changed or not.
The option check wont trigger any action but may be used in combination with a trigger.
Example:
IF Temperature A is > 30°C "trigger when changed"
AND Door Closed "check"
THEN Channel1 ON

Any temperature higher than 30°C when changed vs. previous Value will trigger the program; if in addition the door is closed the CCU will proceed with the defined action.

Cheers,
OTF

blueznl

Beitrag von blueznl » 13.12.2014, 00:28

>> Perhaps this will help other people as well understanding the system
>> and avoiding unneccessary questions :lol:
> People may consider to start reading manuals

A. There doesn't seem to be an English manual for the CCU2...

...and...

B. The manual doesn't seem to list everything.

For example, the radiator valves may display the code In5 which isn't listed in the booklet. Before using the radiator valves one first has to press the 'boost' button shortly, which triggers an 'auto ranging' feature. Whilst searching for the valve limits the code 'Ada' is shown. That isn't explained in the manual (or perhaps I need to buy a new pair of glasses 8) )

Oh, by the way, two more observations:

1. You can't set an eco temperature lower than 10 degrees (not essential, but I noticed the error: eco temperature cannot be higher than comfort temperature, well, last time I checked 9 degrees was lower than 20, but alas...)

2. Under settings / rooms you can directly edit the room names in the column room, but that doesn't change them elsewhere. If you want the room names to be updated everywhere you have to use the edit button. Not a biggy either, but it doesn't seem to make much sense to make a column editable if it doesn't do much :wink:

...and (most important)...

> People may consider to start reading manuals

C. Where's the fun in that? :P

blueznl

Beitrag von blueznl » 13.12.2014, 11:28

Darn. Doesn't fit on the (in the Netherlands quite common) Comap thermostats.

... just be aware that one might have to spend a few quid more to replace older mechanical thermostats with new ones before being able to mount the Homematic ones. Something I forgot...

blueznl

Beitrag von blueznl » 13.12.2014, 21:56

Another little surprise. The old valve drive can't be used with the new CCU2 nor with the new thermostats. It's not even possible to set the valve to a certain position from within the CCU2. (Weird, as for example FHEM seems to be able to set the valve to a certain position.)

For my application I liked the old VD as it was a bit smaller, alas. No such luck.

It would be nice if the Conrad website would mention this incompatibility. Now I have to return and re-order, grmpf.

blueznl

Beitrag von blueznl » 15.12.2014, 10:30

Ran into some weird behaviour today. I had a few programs on the CCU2 that set the ports of a 4 port switch HM-LC-Sw4-WM.

During testing I created, removed, and edited those programs a number of times, as well as renaming the port names under Settings / Devices.

For some strange reason, the system lost track of which port belonged to which program. Ie. my programs were supposed to turn on / off a specific port, but kept switching on / off a previously defined port. I also noticed the CCU2 sometimes 'forgetting' re-edits of the favorites page. Power cycling the HM-LC-Sw4-WM and the CCU2 didn't help.

In the end I deleted ALL programms and connections and rebuild them. That fixed the problem...

I also ran into some issues with delaying switch functions, a combination of 'delayed' and 'immediate' actions inside a program would not always execute the 'delayed' action. Breaking up that program into two seperate programs fixed the issue.

Antworten

Zurück zu „HomeMatic - english“