HomeMatic - Tips For Beginners ?

Support for our english speaking visitors

Moderator: Co-Administratoren

Antworten
digimap

HomeMatic - Tips For Beginners ?

Beitrag von digimap » 09.03.2016, 12:27

Hi to all,
apologize for this intrusion and if I'm probably breaking some rule of this forum, of course I accept all decision of the administator/moderator if they decide to move or delete this post. But my question is simply to ask for if there is a similar topic in english language or if non german people could find a path to learn to use HM products. I'm just bought a funkmodul for the RPI, I'm still waiting for it, and I'm planning to use it for the control of some radiator valve. But I'd like that it could be only the starting point if I have the chance to learn something.

Bluefox

Re: HomeMatic - Tipps für Anfänger

Beitrag von Bluefox » 09.03.2016, 19:13

Hello digimap,
I am one of the developers of Ccu. Io. I can say that this project is not supported any more.
But as alternative I can suggest to use iobroker.net project.
On forum.iobroker.net you will find help if you will ask. Because there is not too many English users there you should write your questions first. I promise, will answer asap.

English users are very important for the project and I plan to translate the documentation in English too. But you know it is a circle: no English users - no need to translate documentation, no documentation - no English users.

Bluefox

digimap

Re: HomeMatic - Tips For Beginners ?

Beitrag von digimap » 09.03.2016, 23:59

Hi Bluefox,
first of all I'd like to thank you for your helpfullness.
About my project I hope that I have not picked the wrong time to buy the extension card of the RPI to remote control of the radiators with the homematic system.
I'll move to the forum you suggested to update my knowledge about this system.
Yes you're probably right about the egg-chicken circle, but I have my opinion about it.
There are many people fans of the RPI worldwide. Sure here in Italy, much more in UK where RPI born. Fans of RPI have great knowledge about the possibility to do great low cost and energy saving projects. And they shown much interest in the homematic system company, that, incomprehensibly, don't reciprocate the interest with the availability of documentation in english language. This is the starting point in my opinion.
See you soon.

blueznl
Danksagung erhalten: 1 Mal

Beitrag von blueznl » 24.07.2016, 14:12

Don't worry. There are more English speakers :-)

Homoran
Danksagung erhalten: 4 Mal

Beitrag von Homoran » 24.07.2016, 14:37

There are many Users speaking English :wink:
Your Nick Let's me think you come from west of Germany. So your German won't be that Bad.

But I also invite you to register at www.forum.iobroker.net.
Questions related to iobroker, the successor of ccu.io will be answered best there

Greets
Rainer
Alle meine Hinweise sind auf eigene Gefahr umzusetzen. Immer einen Fachmann zu Rate ziehen!

blueznl
Danksagung erhalten: 1 Mal

Beitrag von blueznl » 24.07.2016, 14:42

If the Netherlands is considered part of Germany, then yes, I would be German :-)

Actually, Dutch... I can read and speak German, but my written German is, unfortunately, piss poor. Sorry :-)

Homoran
Danksagung erhalten: 4 Mal

Beitrag von Homoran » 24.07.2016, 14:47

Sorry,
didn't mean West of Germany but West from Germany

Bad English, too.

Rainer
Alle meine Hinweise sind auf eigene Gefahr umzusetzen. Immer einen Fachmann zu Rate ziehen!

Antworten

Zurück zu „HomeMatic - english“