Another newbie here

Support for our english speaking visitors

Moderator: Co-Administratoren

Antworten
Neven

Another newbie here

Beitrag von Neven » 16.09.2016, 20:43

First of to say a big hello to everyone and apologies in advance if I overlooked some information before posting questions here (which I probably did).
I live in Austria (freshly got here, my german is ok but still prefer to speak in english :) ) - Vienna, and I recently bought Homematic CCU in Conrad (classic one, not IP) along with some radio wall power switches (Funkschaltaktor) - outside units, not relays for inside installation...
I actually bought it to experiment and play a little until I figure it good enough after which I plan to slowly automate my whole apartment.

Well, my biggest problem is that with main central unit I just got some basic manual for connecting and updating it's firmware. As for the programming , zero :)
I recon this is a pretty big area, I'm actually glad I've found this forum but now I feel kind of lost and not sure where to start... so any input / help or point me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated. Btw, as said, I don't have problem with reading german , just need some help in figuring the steps I should take in learning about Homematic (of course if there are some materials in english - bitte schon)

Ok, right of the bat I got one thing that's bothering me. I figured out alone how to program the unit to switch on / off the power switches in certain time of the day. (like 20:00h ON , 21:00h OFF) - but that's about it :)

I was wondering if someone could help me with programing the unit to switch them periodically. I.e. every third day , at 20:00 - ON and after some time, like 5min , it switches OFF , until next 3rd day and so on... that would be my no. 1 step to know, as I need to implement it soon.

I wanted actually to write down all the things that I'd like to install with homematic, but I figure I should not push too hard immediately on you guys , besides I'm willing to do some reading on my own first.

That's it for now , thank you in advance for any help and input and looking forward to being part of this great and versatile HM community.

Best Regards,
Neven

BadenPower

Re: Another newbie here

Beitrag von BadenPower » 16.09.2016, 21:40

Hello Neven,
welcome to this board.
Neven hat geschrieben: I was wondering if someone could help me with programing the unit to switch them periodically. I.e. every third day , at 20:00 - ON and after some time, like 5min , it switches OFF , until next 3rd day and so on... that would be my no. 1 step to know, as I need to implement it soon.
Follow the link below, there you'll find an example that explains how to start the timemodul every three days:
http://homematic-forum.de/forum/viewtop ... 91#p304972
To "switch off" e.g. 5 Minutes later, you just have to add "Verzögert um 5 Minuten" "AUS"

Neven

Beitrag von Neven » 16.09.2016, 22:57

Thank you BadenPower, that was a fast reply !

I'll be sure to check that link you posted. I've got one more really quick question.

I realised I need an extra memory card for the CCU, so it can write graphs (not sure what other data it stores on card also...). Anyway, I was thinking of going tomorrow to get a card and would like to know what would be a normal, decent size for the job , 2gb, 4 or maybe more ?

Thank you once again and have a nice evening / weekend !

Roland M.
System: CCU
Danksagung erhalten: 1356 Mal

Beitrag von Roland M. » 17.09.2016, 00:36

Hello and welcome, too!
Neven hat geschrieben:Thank you BadenPower, that was a fast reply !
That's our usual respond time here! ;)

what would be a normal, decent size for the job , 2gb, 4 or maybe more ?
The question is rather, do you get a card less than 8 gb at all?

Last time I bought a (µ)SD-card I think prices were about 7 Euro for an 4 gb card and 9 Euro for an 8 gb card. So which one would you pick? ;)
I'd just go for a "class 10" or equivalent card and look what's on stock.

btw, I am logging about 40 channels on a 16 gb card and the earliest data stored is about September 2014. But it's very likely that's the date I got the CCU2... ;)

Roland
Zur leichteren Hilfestellung bitte unbedingt beachten:
  • Bezeichnung (HM-... bzw. HmIP-...) der betroffenen Geräte angeben (nicht Artikelnummer)
  • Kurzbeschreibung des Soll-Zustandes (Was soll erreicht werden?)
  • Kurzbeschreibung des Ist-Zustandes (Was funktioniert nicht?)
  • Fehlermeldungen genau abschreiben, besser noch...
  • Screenshots von Programmen, Geräteeinstellungen und Fehlermeldungen (direkt als jpg/png) einstellen!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
1. CCU2 mit ~100 Geräten (in Umstellung auf RaspberryMatic-OVA auf Proxmox-Server)
2. CCU2 per VPN mit ~50 Geräten (geplant: RaspberryMatic auf Charly)
3. CCU2 per VPN mit ~40 Geräten (geplant: RaspberryMatic auf CCU3)
CCU1, Test-CCU2, Raspi 1 mit kleinem Funkmodul, RaspberryMatic als VM unter Proxmox, Access Point,...

Neven

Beitrag von Neven » 24.09.2016, 23:06

Ok, I think I got it and btw thanks again for the help.

Just need to verify it with you if I understood it correctly. Since my CCU is in english, and the forum theme you linked here is in german and their CCU is also german, that makes it even more challenging for me :)

So, here's my program example attached in 2 screenshots.

In translation , this would mean that at Time Period between 22:40 and 22:41 the program would be active and switch the selected device ON. And it would repeat itself every 2 days.
Anything else outside this conditions means that selected device is OFF.

Validity period means the date / time from which the program starts counting the time. So a validity period from 24.09.2016 means that the program would trigger once at that day , and next time on 26.09.2016.

Am I understanding this correctly ?

Another 2 questions :
- after module "Time Control" , there is another module available to select between "Trigger at point of time" and "Check only" -> what is the difference between those two , and also why when is select the "Check only" option , nothing happens / device is not initiated. I just want to understand the logic here.

- in programs section, here I have the list of all programs and options to edit & delete them , there are 3 more options like check-boxes for every program. Active / Operable / Visible .
Could you please also clarify what these check-boxes mean ?

Thank you again and have a nice weekend !
Dateianhänge
scr2.jpg
scr1.jpg

Neven

Beitrag von Neven » 24.09.2016, 23:14

Roland M. hat geschrieben: Last time I bought a (µ)SD-card I think prices were about 7 Euro for an 4 gb card and 9 Euro for an 8 gb card. So which one would you pick? ;)
I'd just go for a "class 10" or equivalent card and look what's on stock.

btw, I am logging about 40 channels on a 16 gb card and the earliest data stored is about September 2014. But it's very likely that's the date I got the CCU2... ;)
Roland
I gotta say , you got me feeling ashamed there :)
I consider myself to be still rather young but I really had no idea about prices lately. I think last time I bought an SD card was probably more than 10 years ago, for any purpose until now, I usually got a card with whatever device I bought so , yeah ;) Thanks in any case !

Neven

Beitrag von Neven » 28.09.2016, 00:37

Ok, forget the last question , as I've tested and verified it, so it's fine.

But now this is bothering me... logging data for a simple funk-Schaltaktor switch and viewing that data with diagrams. So far in new diagram I have only option to attach a temperature / humidity device and nothing else.
Btw, on options for the Schaltaktor, all 3 checkboxes are checked (operable, visible, logged). Am I missing something else here ? Thx !

Roland M.
System: CCU
Danksagung erhalten: 1356 Mal

Beitrag von Roland M. » 28.09.2016, 01:42

Hi,
Neven hat geschrieben:So far in new diagram I have only option to attach a temperature / humidity device and nothing else.
[...]
Am I missing something else here ? Thx !
I'm sorry to say that, but you don't miss anything.
The internal diagram function works only for temperature (and humidity) and energy metering. Nothing else. :(
So you have either to enable the logging for your switching device, or you have to use 3rd party AddOns like CCU-Historian or CUxD-Highcharts.

https://www.homematic-inside.de/softwar ... -historian
http://www.ccu-historian.de/

http://homematic-forum.de/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12939

Roland
Zur leichteren Hilfestellung bitte unbedingt beachten:
  • Bezeichnung (HM-... bzw. HmIP-...) der betroffenen Geräte angeben (nicht Artikelnummer)
  • Kurzbeschreibung des Soll-Zustandes (Was soll erreicht werden?)
  • Kurzbeschreibung des Ist-Zustandes (Was funktioniert nicht?)
  • Fehlermeldungen genau abschreiben, besser noch...
  • Screenshots von Programmen, Geräteeinstellungen und Fehlermeldungen (direkt als jpg/png) einstellen!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
1. CCU2 mit ~100 Geräten (in Umstellung auf RaspberryMatic-OVA auf Proxmox-Server)
2. CCU2 per VPN mit ~50 Geräten (geplant: RaspberryMatic auf Charly)
3. CCU2 per VPN mit ~40 Geräten (geplant: RaspberryMatic auf CCU3)
CCU1, Test-CCU2, Raspi 1 mit kleinem Funkmodul, RaspberryMatic als VM unter Proxmox, Access Point,...

Neven

Beitrag von Neven » 28.09.2016, 09:40

Roland M. hat geschrieben: ... So you have either to enable the logging for your switching device...
Roland
Is that something else from what I mentioned in previous post ? (I said I marked the checkbox "logged" in options on the Schaltaktor). And can I access the logged data any way without installing 3rd party addons ?

Regards,
Neven

Antworten

Zurück zu „HomeMatic - english“