Homematic CCU2 + Homematic IP Thermostat + Android App?

Support for our english speaking visitors

Moderator: Co-Administratoren

Antworten
NotAnother

Homematic CCU2 + Homematic IP Thermostat + Android App?

Beitrag von NotAnother » 16.11.2016, 12:54

Hello all,

I've read as much as I can the german section, however I would say my proficiency is not yet sufficient, so I'm asking the question in the english section.
  • Now that the CCU2 supports HIP devices with the latest firmware, what's the point of getting an HIP base station?
  • Is it possible to use the CCU2 + HIP Thermostats + the HIP android app (since it's more simple - for the girlfriend, have to sell the investment :D, otherwise for myself I can use any of the other apps )
  • I know that it's no TADO, but how realistic/easy is to have the use case ( via CloudMatic/VPN) to turn on the heating remotely (example 1 hour before leaving work) with an Android app - like on a daily basis
Thank you very much in advance and hope that soon I'll feel confident to write in the main sections of the forum :roll:

G.

Gerti
System: CCU
Danksagung erhalten: 260 Mal

Re: Homematic CCU2 + Homematic IP Thermostat + Android App?

Beitrag von Gerti » 18.11.2016, 07:01

Hi!

You can't use the homematic ip app together with the CCU2 or even the access point with the CCU2.
You can remotely control your system via CCU2 and Android by using VPN or Meine-homematic.de
As Apps you can use e.g. HomeDroid or Home24.

Regards
Gerti

NotAnother

Re: Homematic CCU2 + Homematic IP Thermostat + Android App?

Beitrag von NotAnother » 17.01.2017, 22:46

Thanks Gerti, I've been using the HomeDroid app. For whatever reason the IP thermostat is not showing up, but anyway I've decided to go mainly with the HomeMatic thermostats. I've kept the IP one that I've ordered and connect it as a slave to another thermostat, so it works fine.

T

Antworten

Zurück zu „HomeMatic - english“