Multiple communication errors

Support for our english speaking visitors

Moderator: Co-Administratoren

Antworten
Dolph

Multiple communication errors

Beitrag von Dolph » 20.11.2016, 17:40

Since a little while now I have been getting many communication errors. These seem to occur when running a script that updates multiple devices in a single loop.

The script isn't new and hasn't changed from when it had worked previously. The only thing I can think that has changed is that I have updated the firmware (I am on the most recwnt firmware on my ccu2)

Does anyone know what the problem may be or how to fix it?

dkrizic

Re: Multiple communication errors

Beitrag von dkrizic » 20.11.2016, 17:50

The CCU must obey some rules regarding Duty Cycle. Those devices are only permitted to radio only a fraction of time. If this is exceeded, the devices have to pause. This handling is now much stricter with newer firmware versions. I presume this might be the reason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Homoran
Danksagung erhalten: 4 Mal

Beitrag von Homoran » 20.11.2016, 17:54

Hi Dolph,
there are some impacts affecting your installation:

1st The DutyCycle:
starting with ccu firmware >2.17.x (?) the legal restrictions on using the 868MHz band was respected more correctly. So a lot of sending data came out in a maximum allowed duty cycle and the ccu stopped sending for about one hour.
During this time the ccu got no answers from the devices (because the ccu in reality didn't send anything) resulting in communication errors.

2nd firmware updates for devices:
therefore the maximum possible dutycycle allows approx. 3-4 fw-updates in one hour.
more of those leed the ccu running into dutycycle.

Hope i could explain it to you even with my rusty english language ;-)

Greets
Rainer
Alle meine Hinweise sind auf eigene Gefahr umzusetzen. Immer einen Fachmann zu Rate ziehen!

Dolph

Beitrag von Dolph » 21.11.2016, 19:08

Many thanks to both of you for your response.

I suspect you are both right, due to lazy coding my script was sending a message to several devices once every minute regardless of whether needed or not.

Have now rewritten to only now send a message if required things seem to have calmed down!

Regards

Antworten

Zurück zu „HomeMatic - english“