Switch activates but status in CCU doesn't change

Support for our english speaking visitors

Moderator: Co-Administratoren

Antworten
thw0rted

Switch activates but status in CCU doesn't change

Beitrag von thw0rted » 26.10.2017, 20:04

I have CCU1 (HM-CCU) that controls a hot water boiler with a single device relay (HM-LC-Sw1-SM, http://www.eq-3.de/produkte/homematic/l ... w1-sm.html). This worked well last winter, but this year it is acting strangely. When I use the CCU web interface to turn it off or on, it frequently does not appear to respond. Most of the time, the boiler actually switches on and off, but usually the indicator in the web interface does not change to reflect this.

Is something wrong with the relay unit? I have a range extender (HM-CFG-LAN) but it was not in use last year when everything worked, and does not seem to make much difference now. I would really like to get the status working again.

Thanks,
James

blueznl
Danksagung erhalten: 1 Mal

Re: Switch activates but status in CCU doesn't change

Beitrag von blueznl » 15.11.2017, 18:24

I had a similar issue with a power switch a year ago or so (using a CCU2). I removed the device everywhere, then relearned it again and that did the trick.

Did you make a direct connection between two devices, or is it using a CCU program?

thw0rted

Beitrag von thw0rted » 15.11.2017, 18:27

It's a CCU program. If I remove it and add it again, will I have to set up any of the programs again? I just want to make sure I don't end up having problems figuring it out and get stuck with no heat!

blueznl
Danksagung erhalten: 1 Mal

Beitrag von blueznl » 21.11.2017, 13:59

If you remove the device (not the CCU) I think the programs will stay, but you have to tell them to use the re-learned device. I don't have a CCU1 but a CCU2, so I cannot guarantee that :-)

You could also backup, wipe, and re-install the CCU then restore the backup. Honestly, I don't know what is the best solution...

I don't think it is the device itself but if it is you might consider ordering a new device, learn it into the CCU, then replace any reference to the old device with the new one.

The key question I cannot answer is the source of the problem... sounds weird if the device doesn't respond its actual position but actually does work. Like I said I had something similar, but never could figure out root cause.

Antworten

Zurück zu „HomeMatic - english“