HM-CC-RT-DN valve CAL and other error detection

Support for our english speaking visitors

Moderator: Co-Administratoren

Antworten
blueznl
Danksagung erhalten: 1 Mal

HM-CC-RT-DN valve CAL and other error detection

Beitrag von blueznl » 21.11.2017, 13:02

I have been trying to flag any issues with my radiator valves HM-CC-RT-DN but I never seem to get anything useful... I am looking into work-arounds, without much luck thus far.

1. Do any of the following functions actually work?!?

valve sticking
adjustment range too small
adjustment range too swide
empty battery
valve error position

I wrote a program that checks every 2 hours for any of the conditions above, but it never reports an error. Unfortunately, not even when communications are down, or when it is stuck in CAL condition.

2. What does the no error flag actually mean? What constitutes an error for a HM-CC-RT-DN ?

3. If a valve is stuck during CAL, would it still report a valve position? If so, what position?

If it would report 100% open as the valve position, then I could limit it during normal operation to 90% or so, and use > 95% as an alarm condition.

My current attempt:
Clipboard01.jpg
Any suggestions welcome! (And I can read German, just can't write in it.)

blueznl
Danksagung erhalten: 1 Mal

Re: HM-CC-RT-DN valve CAL and other error detection

Beitrag von blueznl » 10.03.2018, 21:21

After playing around with all different error detection mechanisms my conclusion can only be this:

1. CAL errors simply do not generate an error message, this is a problem on the valve side.

2. The CCU2 gets confused when trying to process other alarms from the valve. No matter what combination I tried, I always ended up with strange illogical flows through my code.

Sadly, I doubt it is ever going to be fixed... And to replace everything with Homematic IP isn't in my plans. Sigh. Wasted too much time on this, and its a bit sad because everything else works flawlessly. Oh well. It doesn't go wrong *that* often, but it does make it a system for the hobbyist, not the professional.

Antworten

Zurück zu „HomeMatic - english“