Moderator: Co-Administratoren

tomi_cc16
Danksagung erhalten: 56 Mal

Re: Basics: "Homematic IP" - Access Point vs CCU3 - English

Beitrag von tomi_cc16 » 08.10.2021, 14:22

Ganfoud hat geschrieben:
06.10.2021, 14:47
Hi
I'm considering replacing my max! devices by Homematic Ip devices, including the HMIP access points
My objective is to integrate this in my current Home Assistant installation and in the middle term I intend to use one of my RPi to use as a CCU
I was wondering if I first set up everything with the AP and then want to switch to the RPImatic, do I have to set up everything again?

also, when I use the RPimatic as a gateway, is it possible to use the APs as repeaters if necessary (I understand that it is possible from the post above but I have a doubt)

last question: what happens if the AP or CCU is crashing/unavailable? I guess that as for the max! devices, they keep their configuration and work according to the schedule? and if there is a relay integrated in the system, can it still be controlled by the vanes/thermostats directly without the AP/CCU being available?
thank you!
You can only have one god at the same time (main gateway) - CCU or AP !!

If you take the CCU/Raspberrymatic as your main gateway(with latest firmware) than the AP can be used as range extension.
Also AP (no CCU in place) can have other AP's as extensions.

If the main gateway is crashing - depends:
- Direct connections - still work
- Device configurations - still work
- Programms/Rules coming triggered e.g. every time from the gateway - will not work as long gateway down

One more thing - if you a total newbie - take AP as main central - CCU is really not for beginners.

Both AP / CCU - work with Home Assistant or ioBroker or Smartha Home or ...

eboris
System: Access Point

Beitrag von eboris » 13.10.2021, 19:15

Ok!
Not sur if I was really clear on my last message.
I would like to use the CCU for automation and Homematic IP to arm the alarm via the app.
Is that possible?
(because automations does not work if internet is down on Homematic IP)

Thanks,
Boris.
tomi_cc16 hat geschrieben:
15.08.2021, 23:59
eboris hat geschrieben:
07.08.2021, 19:07
Hi there and thanks for the very instructive post !
Help a lot to understand the difference between the Homematic IP access point and CCU.
I wondering if it is possible top combine both, connecting both on some HmIP components?
Since some months you can have a CCU3 or Homematic IP Access Point as you basic central. And add more Homematic IP Access Points as an additional Gateway. This technique is called Advanced Routing- see here the video:
https://youtu.be/moHwpGpMfJY

tomi_cc16

Beitrag von tomi_cc16 » 14.10.2021, 10:40

Look I‘m struggling with your question.

Do you mean to use the same device with CCU and with AP (if yes, this is not possible)?

Or are you asking which App to use with CCU to activate the alarm program on the CCU?
If yes, I recommend Smartha App, but you can also try other CCU App @Home, Tinymatic or Jsmatic

To reach the CCU from outside you can use VPN or Cloudmatic (always around Christmas they have a great 3 year offer with 40% discount).

eboris
System: Access Point

Beitrag von eboris » 15.10.2021, 17:42

Yes the same devices with CCU and with AP.
I would like to keep automation event when internet is down and use the cloud for controlling device using the smartphone app when internet is UP.

Basically I use the app for arm my alarm, but I have alternative system using hidden button in case of internet failure or when my smartphone is ouut of battery ,...
The problem is that I need to use the AP automation and AP automation need to be connected on the cloud through internet.
So my solution does not work, no internet, no automation, event for basic stuff like set alarm on with a simple button.

Any idea how to resolve this issue ?

Thanks.
tomi_cc16 hat geschrieben:
14.10.2021, 10:40
Look I‘m struggling with your question.

Do you mean to use the same device with CCU and with AP (if yes, this is not possible)?

Or are you asking which App to use with CCU to activate the alarm program on the CCU?
If yes, I recommend Smartha App, but you can also try other CCU App @Home, Tinymatic or Jsmatic

To reach the CCU from outside you can use VPN or Cloudmatic (always around Christmas they have a great 3 year offer with 40% discount).

Ganfoud
System: in Planung

Beitrag von Ganfoud » 05.11.2021, 22:10

Hi
I’m considering replacing my Homematic IP AP by a raspberrymatic installed in a proxmox VM, and using a HmIP-RFUSB stick
I only own the HmIP-eTRV-B vanes and the HmIP-WTH-B wall thermostat, so I don’t think there is a support issue for these devices

shall I expect any issue?

chercheur

Beitrag von chercheur » 22.12.2022, 10:46

Hello,

I still see inconsistencies regarding the IP range support vs. CCU2 or CCU3.
Look at the following example: https://www.amazon.de/-/en/Homematic-Sm ... r=1-5&th=1

It states : "Expansion to a comprehensive smart home system with the Homematic IP Access Point or a homematic central CCU2/CCU3"

Which is, to my understanding, false. CCU2 doesn't support that IP component.

tomi_cc16

Beitrag von tomi_cc16 » 29.07.2023, 04:37

chercheur hat geschrieben:
22.12.2022, 10:46
Hello,

I still see inconsistencies regarding the IP range support vs. CCU2 or CCU3.
Look at the following example: https://www.amazon.de/-/en/Homematic-Sm ... r=1-5&th=1

It states : "Expansion to a comprehensive smart home system with the Homematic IP Access Point or a homematic central CCU2/CCU3"

Which is, to my understanding, false. CCU2 doesn't support that IP component.
CCU2 supports HmIP devices - but is receiving no updates anymore. So please use as a supported gateway another solution e.g. CCU3, RaspberryMatic oder Access Point

Antworten

Zurück zu „HomeMatic - english“