English instructions for setting up CCU2 + CUxD + CULv3 868 + FHT80 system

Support for our english speaking visitors

Moderator: Co-Administratoren

Antworten
thegibs

English instructions for setting up CCU2 + CUxD + CULv3 868 + FHT80 system

Beitrag von thegibs » 04.10.2018, 16:18

Hello,

I found useful to share quick/short/simplified/beginners instructions in English(*) to make the magic happen with CCU2 + CULv3 868 + CuxD + FHT80 system (80b, 8V, 8W).

(*) this is not my mothertongue, I apologize for any mistake. I hope this will be useful for people like me not speaking a word of German (shame on me :oops: ). I may assist you in French as well.

0- Ensure you have ordered a CULV3 with HF-shield and a pretty high-gain antenna to ensure for smooth radio operations. FHT80 traffic is so slow you'll want to miss as few packets as possible.

1- Flash your CULv3 with the "CUL_V3" firmware. I first tried using the "a-culfw 868" version as of Aug. 2018, it was reading traffic but was never able to send an FHT80 command (stuck into the sending buffer, never sent). Maybe a bug, but certainly unexpected.

2- Set all your FHT80 to "Cent" = "Off" using the long-pressed 'Prog' menu. You may as well empty the FHT-8W boiler control slots if they were already set, as for this example we'll reset all house codes.

3- Choose and plan for house codes:
According to the CUxD documentation, while this was NOT necessary for FHZ2000, you must choose your FHT80 codes (an hexadecimal 4 characters suite) having a common 1st byte (the 2 first characters). An FHT80 code is made of 2 parts, actually 2 bytes. They are however displayed on the 'Code' menu of the FHT80b as decimal, not hex. So you'll have to convert (or choose low values to avoid this pain, from 01 to 09). But first, take a paper and pencil, choose and write codes for all of your rooms and devices. Example:
- CUL device: 0701 (yes it also requires a code for itself, this setting will be covered below)
- Room1: 0702 (007 / 002 on the FHT80 display)
- Room2: 0703 (007 / 003 ...)
- etc.

Keep in mind the first byte (here: 07) must be the same for all, while the second byte is to be set different for CUL and FHT80b devices.

4- Set the CUL's own housecode, and define it as part of your CUxD configuration.
From the terminal tab, you can type: T010701 to set (T01) the CUL's housecode (0701).
You may confirm by later typing T01 so that the CUL replies with its housecode (0701).
Side note: each time you set this code, this will empty the CUL's sending FHT queue buffer.
To ensure the code is the same all times, we have to set it into CUxD configuration file: click on the 'Setup' button from the CUxD web administration, and add a new line:
TTYINIT=ttyACM0:X21\nT010701
Click on 'Speichern'.

5- Set your FHT80b codes and sync the FHT-8V valves.
You will find English instructions for this, so very quickly:
- Define the number of FHT-8V to be slaved to the room's FHT80 actuator, using the "An A" menu on the FHT80 itself.
- Define the room's code using the 'CodE' menu on the FHT80, remember this is made of 2 parts, decimal writing (not hex !), for example here: code1 007, code 2 002.
- When "Code Sync" is displayed, it also displays a number (001, 002...). This number relates to your FHT80 waiting for you to confirm you want to sync your number 1, or number 2, etc. FHT8V valve. Don't press 'Prog' yet. You must now press the FHT8V button for ~3 seconds until your hear the beep. Then press 'Prog' on the FHT80b, the sync process will be confirmed by the FHT8V valve. If you have more than one, then '002' is displayed (your 2nd valve, and so on) so you have to repeat the sync steps on your other(s) FHT8V, until they are all sync-ed.

6- Confirm by reading the terminal output: from now on, you should be reading FHT80 valves' opening info, they will be display with 'T' + their own room code, example:
15:28:13 [ttyACM0] --> T070200A600FB
where '0702' is the actual room code.

7- If you also operate an FHT-8W boiler control switch, it is now time to learn all your FHT80 codes, slot by slot (room by room), using Menu / Anl, then go back to your FHT80 device and 'Code' menu, when on it just press Prog several times until you reach the 'sync' step, press 'Prog' again as many times as you have FHT8V valves. During this time the FHT80 will send the necessary traffic to let your FHT-8W 'learn' the code immediately. It will be displayed on the FHT-8W screen and assigned to the 1st availabled slot. I suggest you follow the same order as your setup: 0702 then 0703, etc.

8- FHT80b => CUL binding preparation.
Set all your FHT80 to "Cent" = "nA" using the long-pressed 'Prog' menu. They are now ready to report to the CUL, but not yet operating with it.

9- From Cuxd's web interface, now go to the 'Geräte' button, let's add our 1st FHT80b actuator. From the "CUxD Gerätetyp" select "(08) Wandthermostat" (part of the FHT section). Don't bother with the 'Seriennummer' it is internal to CUxD device handling and not related to housecodes at all. Give it a self-explanatory name like 'AliceBedroom'. I have not tried accents, but spaces are allowed. Don't be afraid of the default icon (a Homematic actuator) this is just a display. From the 'Option' list I suggest you choose the '+Statistik' value to have useful temperature tracking afterwards. Now click on the 'Gerät auf CCU erzeugen !' button, your new device will be added on the right side list.
You may proceed the same, at once, for all your remaining FHT80 actuators. In case of troubleshooting issues just register 1 FHT80 actuator to save some time understanding the issue cause.

10- You're done with the CUxD interface. Let's go to the Homematic CCU2 home page (maybe the same for CCU3 I don't know). From the 'Settings' menu/button, choose 'Device Inbox' (yes fortunately we have a translated GUI for CCU2 :-) ). You should be reported all the newly added FHT80 devices. Pay attention to their names, and have your step 3's paper with you for the room codes. Click the 'Set' button. Fill-in the form like this:
- DEVICE: your CUL device, such as: ttyACM0
- CODE: the room code of this FHT80 actuator, for example: 0702
- RESYNC: check
- CLOCKSYNC: check
- STATISTIC: check (if you have added the '+statisk' option earlier on)
Click 'OK'
This actuator is now ready, when you get back to the 'Device Inbox' list, click 'Done' for this FHT80. Repeat the steps carefully with the relevant room codes for the remaining FHT80 actuators.

11- Wait. And wait a little more. And another more... for the magic to happen. FHT traffic is slow, and some of the rooms may not report anything for 30 to 40 mins (depending on various factors such as too much traffic, too many actuators, etc.). While waiting, you should be seeing a little more traffic occurring on the CUxD 'Terminal' tab. From Homematic home page, you should be reading the updated values by accessing the 'Status and control'->'Devices' list.
When an FHT80 is set and sync-ed with the CUL, its "Cent" value should be (automatically) switched to the 'On' value. No need to change it manually, this has no effect (yes, I tried :lol: ).

12- Troubleshooting:
From the terminal tab, you may query the CUL device for its sending queue, by sending the T02 command. It will reply with a comma-separated list of instructions waiting to be sent. Init instructions are usually something like 0702-66FF. (0702 is the actuators room code, 66FF is the usual command sent to sync the FHT to the CUL).
You may try to re-sync an FHT by setting it back to 'Cent' = 'nA' and going to the homematic's device list, click 'Set', check 'RESYNC', click 'OK'. This will send the '66FF' instruction again. Or you may manually try it from the CUxD terminal with "T070266FF" (example, for 0702 room's code).
From what I understood, you should AVOID using 'RESYNC' too many times, as FHT traffic follows bandwidth regulation limitations. Too much traffic will lead to 1~2hrs pause where nothing happens (feel free to tell me if I misunderstood this point).

Et voilà.
Hope this helps, let me know if you'd like more detailed instructions somewhere. I know FHT80 is not a modern set, but I've been using them flawlessly for almost 10 years. Meanwhile, other manufacturers have issued better devices (more reliable), however I didn't want to loose the FHT-8W feature for boiler control => I know this can be replaced with a radio-controlled switch slaved to the valves opening factor, this is more 'experimental' in my opinion, and I like to think the boiler control works without the need of the CCU.

I also managed to set my old Chacon radio-controlled powerplugs with a CUL433 if you're interested in this (Intertechno protocol). And starting to play with Philips Hue devices.

Cheers.

tomi_cc16
Danksagung erhalten: 56 Mal

Re: English instructions for setting up CCU2 + CUxD + CULv3 868 + FHT80 system

Beitrag von tomi_cc16 » 05.10.2018, 02:41

Hi,

very good summary !!!

For your future HUE topics - FYI you can use the Standard with the CCU - Philips HUE control - but it has one minus - if you change the HUE status with the app, it will not update it to the CCU.

Before Philips Hue was officially supported by the Homematic CCU there were 2x Philips HUE Addons (you will find them in the Addon Forum).

I personally prefere the Homeamtic Interface Layer Addon:
viewtopic.php?f=41&t=33848

As an Alternative you can use Home Assistant, OpenHab or ioBoker, or ... as a Smart Home Connector for different Gateways and devices to connect & control them all.

thegibs

Re: English instructions for setting up CCU2 + CUxD + CULv3 868 + FHT80 system

Beitrag von thegibs » 06.10.2018, 21:23

Thank you Tomi, very good insights regarding Philips Hue. I am indeed relying on the native CCU2 Philips Hue support. I also regret the lack of upstream report from the Hue bridge to the CCU.

My old Chacon 433MHz devices work, however the lack of status feedback is also an issue. I may open another topic related to wall plugs control. Which brand/model would you recommended for the cheapest price, considering I run a CCU2 + CUL433 a-culfw + CUL868 culfw ?

Thanks

Antworten

Zurück zu „HomeMatic - english“