Newbie start with Homematic CCU3: Initiation

Support for our english speaking visitors

Moderator: Co-Administratoren

Sergo
Danksagung erhalten: 9 Mal

Newbie start with Homematic CCU3: Initiation

Beitrag von Sergo » 04.11.2018, 12:37

Finally,
after few years of looking around myself and with friends, following on different directions, reading a lot on internet and detecting at least some signs of attention to non-German speaking enthusiasts ...
I made an crazy step (for person without knowledge of German) and got an parcel from Amazon.de, 8) consisting of Homematic:
- CCU3: HM-RCV-50
- Wall termostats: HM-TC-IT-WM-W-EU
- Heating termostats: HM-CC-RT-DN
- Wireless-window-turning handle contact: EQ-767-89
- Wireless switch actuator, PCB: HM-LC-Sw1-BBa-PC
That is minimal set required to begin from simple heating automation in my environment. Goal is to setup system on part of the house, not interfering at start with current, central thermostat based system, which worked well for last few years. Target is to complete setup based exclusively (as possible) on WebUI setup, not engaging scripting. Timeline is to get this completed by Christmas, where i plan to have week at home for "going live" 8) Idea is to become friendly with system and after that start deep diving in to extended capabilities of EQ3.

More details on my environment and idea of setup:
Its an two floor townhouse, heated by natural gas(Junkers heater). Water boiler is directly connected to heater. Heating of house by radiators. There is also electric heating of floor in bathroom & toilets.
On first floor, I would have two zones, controlled through 2 wall thermostats and presumably operating on same temperature mode and schedule.
On second floor, there is only few radiator thermostats that would work on own (for second floor) temperature mode & schedule.

One of the essential requirements: basic life support functions should continue working without internet, without CCU present and so on..
At this stage I'm leaving aside management of electric heating. There is also ventilation control - again, leaving aside at this stage.
So that is, in brief, all what I got for now.
With hope for help from community, I decided to publish all challenges and issues I would go through: to get help & provide lessons learned for newcomers, who is at the same stage of knowing German. Limited only to essential phrases, like: "Guten abend, bitte zwei Bier" :D
Lets start.. :shock: :lol:
P.S. while moving on WebUI manual, decided to make screenshots to replace original images, helping to initiative English Documentation by tomi_cc16
Zuletzt geändert von Sergo am 16.11.2018, 21:46, insgesamt 9-mal geändert.

Sergo

Re: Newbie start with Homematic CCU3: Initiation

Beitrag von Sergo » 04.11.2018, 12:58

Initial setup of CCU3 went well, except few items:
- I was forced to upgrade firmware, impossible to skip this step during initial setup. Playing around later confirmed issue with NeoServer in version 3.41.7
- Encountered bug with timezone handling, usual issue for software mainly used in single timezone. Whatever I do to set correct time, after some period (probably by sync with NTP server) there is incorrect calculation of time (timezone or daylight saving). Not a big problem for now, will see if this fixed in next releases or would fire bug report to EQ3 later.
Time_issue.png
Time_issue.png (13.86 KiB) 6370 mal betrachtet
For first floor I completed teaching to CCU3 of:
1) one wall thermostat
2) one Heating thermostat
3) Wireless switch actuator.
Done with setup of direct connection between the first two.
Created/updated Rooms & channels:
Rooms_setup.png
Completed functions setup:
Functions_setup.png
Validated groups:
Groups_setup.png
So far all good :shock:
Zuletzt geändert von Sergo am 16.11.2018, 21:47, insgesamt 3-mal geändert.

Sergo

Beitrag von Sergo » 04.11.2018, 13:10

There was a challenge to find power supply for Wireless switch actuator :P
Solved by cutting an old USB charger. Led light borrowed from scrapped PSU, to have visible indication of how it works. 8)
IMG_1313.jpg
Taught in Wireless switch actuator(PCB) to CCU3, then directly connected to wall thermostat above
P.S. after getting actuator connected, found alert on WebUI - "battery low". Fixed by going in to device Wireless switch actuator settings and changed alert level to minimal - 5V.
Zuletzt geändert von Sergo am 16.11.2018, 21:47, insgesamt 2-mal geändert.

Sergo

Beitrag von Sergo » 04.11.2018, 13:42

Thanks, tomi_cc16 , filled first bug https://github.com/jens-maus/RaspberryMatic/issues/465 .

Now, on my path:
Direct connection between Wall thermostat & heating thermostat working well, according to settings made for Wall thermostat via CCU3.

I did setup of direct connection between same wall thermostat & Wireless switch actuator( PCB).
Wall_to_actuator_direct.png
and details:
Actuator_direct_setup.png
And here I run in to need for help:
1) meaning of hysteresis parameter? I understood that in classic way: its an "wait variation" from target temperature. Meaning that heating switch to be triggered when temperature will be >0.4C less then target set. Correct?
2) Despite all settings, Wireless switch actuator( PCB) is not being triggered at all. Not clear why and how to solve it.. :?: :?:

One more question is more on architecture of CCU3:
I noticed ability to set same settings, as example for wall thermostat on level of:
-Device
-Room
-Function
-Group
How this hierarchy designed to work? Is it inherited approach or upper level overwrites settings on child level? I did not find information describing it.. and this somewhat really confusing :shock:
Zuletzt geändert von Sergo am 16.11.2018, 21:47, insgesamt 3-mal geändert.

Sergo

Beitrag von Sergo » 04.11.2018, 14:51

More details on current device settings of Wireless switch actuator, PCB: HM-LC-Sw1-BBa-PC:
Actuator_device_setting_1.png
Zuletzt geändert von Sergo am 16.11.2018, 21:48, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.

Sergo

Re: Initiate trials by young padawan of Homematic clan: Part 1

Beitrag von Sergo » 05.11.2018, 13:21

It appears (thanks for pointing out) that in my target setup: (number of wall thermostats directly connected to remote actuator) current PCB: HM-LC-Sw1-BBa-PC will not work :?
Because of viewtopic.php?f=4&t=21470

And it seem like solution is to look toward Homematic IP only and as actuator HmIP-WHS2...its OK. :cry:

What is preventing me to make next steps:
1) I need to understand how HmIP-WHS2 will fit in to my needs described above? What are the known limitations?
2) How HmIP-WHS2 will serve concurrent requests from 4 wall HmIP-WTH- thermostats? Could someone describe device logic & if its customizable on device level?
3) As I understood from manual, HmIP-WHS2 does not provide volt free, dry contacts? So I will require an relay added to manipulate with Junkers heater state input?

Thanks in advance!

sborkuti

Beitrag von sborkuti » 06.11.2018, 18:16

I also had the same problem, I use homematic (not ip). For the control of the boiler I use HM-LC-Sw1-PCB.
If it is connected directly to several thermostats, it does not work properly for the boiler control.
You can use Homematic IP Circuit Board HmIP-PCBS, it needs an external power supply, but
see viewtopic.php?f=49&t=46022.

Sergo

Beitrag von Sergo » 06.11.2018, 18:22

Have you tried with HmIP-PCBS?
Having fault tolerant heating is a must.. :!:
Not sure what to do.. wait for release of HmIP-WHS2?
Zuletzt geändert von Sergo am 16.11.2018, 21:48, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.

sborkuti

Beitrag von sborkuti » 06.11.2018, 18:31

If you read the above linked topic, you will see that at the moment I use the CCU to command the switch with an associated program.

Antworten

Zurück zu „HomeMatic - english“