NewUser - needs some advice what to purchase next

Support for our english speaking visitors

Moderator: Co-Administratoren

papperone

Re: NewUser - needs some advice what to purchase next

Beitrag von papperone » 16.12.2018, 09:34

tomi_cc16 hat geschrieben:
16.12.2018, 00:51
Well because Access Point HmIP-HAP Rest-API is not official, Home Assistant is using what was sniffed, traced and documented here by fans:
https://github.com/coreGreenberet/homem ... README.rst

You have several options you can create an issue in github for the Rest-API and a second issue in home assistant here:
https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant/issues
Hopefully it will help.

I can not answer you if this is normal because I use CCU not HmIP AP - here the valve status is always up to date when I check in @Home App. The biggest difference to HMIP-HAP Access Point, the CCU / RaspberryMatic is local gateway, API is officially documented so Home Assistant or IoBroker (what I use) is polling internal in my network thru official API.
HmIP data is in the cloud - so Home Assistant polls from the cloud, not sure how often data is read from there.

For hardware what I can say if valve shows 0% for my radiators they are really closed and no heat is coming. But this only works if hardware installation is correctly done, some people put 2 or 5 cent inside the radiator so the stick is longer and closes better heater. So maybe software is ok but hardware needs adjustment also?

What you can also do in Home Assistant is create a chart temperature vs valve setting to see if it differs.
Well as I wrote I think I will play still with this setup but I will order what's needed to assemble a RasperryMatic, I'd like to get rid of cloud dependecies and have all done in my local network, as it seems you have similar setup already in place what type of RF hardware for Raspberry you advice HM-MOD-RPI-PCB or RPI-RF-MOD ? Consider I'm in Italy so it's easier to order from Amazon rather then local German shops which often do not ship abroad or if they do the shipping cost is insanely expensive!
I cannot do last test you mention as the HA connectivity reports only valve status and not the temperature reading of the valve itself which I hope it's available using CCU/RaspberryMatic; I will check the hardware and eventually adding spacers as per your advice to ensure fully closure of the valve!

tomi_cc16
Danksagung erhalten: 56 Mal

Beitrag von tomi_cc16 » 16.12.2018, 13:19

Hi Giovanni,

I asked user TobiasKarge who is doing the Home Assistant Videos with Homematic IP AP if he heard from other users same problems as yours but unfortunately he did not. Also he said that since the last Home Assistant update - the update from the valve % even got better.

1. As you wrote you already have a HmIP-STH - it works like a HmIP-WTH-2 it measures the temperature in the room and control the radiator only in this room to close or open the valve to reach the temperature. Also with the HmIP-STH you can create the chart in Home Assistant I was talking about, take temperature from HmIP-STH and valve opening from HMIP-eTRV from same room - and compare how they look to each other.

2. You can also play today with the offset in the App if you think temperature is getting to high e.g. -2 degree, so the radiator should close earlier.

3. Prices you should always compare 1. www.amazon.de (in your case also www.amazon.it) and than 2. with www.idealo.de or www.geizhals.eu (here it checks many shops) - also www.ebay.de can be used to find better price.
Of couse shipping costs are a big topic - so you should order tactical - better in some shops order more at once so shipping cost stays the same.
Also I recommend you www.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de here you can buy used Homematic stuff - price and shipping is always individual with the sales person.
Also check here in the forum for used staff: viewforum.php?f=7

You can also save money if you buy homematic build up kits: viewtopic.php?f=49&t=46608&p=466539#p466539

4. I hope you read carefully my thread viewtopic.php?f=49&t=41325 - what is the difference HmIP AP vs CCU / RaspberryMatic.
CCU has no cloud, app etc. but for all those topics are solutions avaible here in the forum.
Before you build with a RaspberryPI, a RF module and RaspberryMatic your own CCU - why not buy CCU3 directly? Everything done - you got included the Mediola NEO license to create your own Dashboard on their App - can also be used/controll it from the PC desktop. And you have the right to get offcial eQ-3 support - RaspberryMatic only from the developer - because RaspberryMatic is a Open source project (ok to be honest his support is sometimes better than eQ-3).

5. HM-MOD-RPI-PCB or RPI-RF-MOD
HM-MOD-RPI-PCB will be soon no longer be produced - you can find it in some shops from 19,95€ (without shipping)
RPI-RF-MOD price is normally 39,95€ (without shipping)

Technikkram already compared both in detail - use google chrome to translate the page to EN
https://technikkram.net/2018/06/verglei ... er-umstieg

From user experience here in the forum some had better result with the HM-MOD-RPI-PCB - so if you manage to buy cheap the HM-MOD-RPI-PCB you are still ok with. e.g. here https://www.sertronics-shop.de/haustech ... pi-bausatz

Here I wrote in general how to extend the RF range for CCU /RaspberryMatic:
viewtopic.php?f=49&t=45340&p=454226#p454226
Zuletzt geändert von tomi_cc16 am 16.12.2018, 17:19, insgesamt 6-mal geändert.

tomi_cc16

Beitrag von tomi_cc16 » 16.12.2018, 13:28

One more thing if you will go the RaspberryPI way with RaspberryMatic you can buy an ALL-IN-ONE images here for download:
https://technikkram.net/shop

Or check here how to install on your own Step-by-Step
https://www.verdrahtet.info/2018/03/16/ ... r-schritt/

papperone

Beitrag von papperone » 16.12.2018, 14:56

WOW tomi_cc16, thanks a lot for all your replies! I will go through all and then make a "shopping list" for Christmas...
I understood the difference between HmIP vs. CCU/RaspberryMatic and aknowledge I will loose the eQ3 cloud features and won't be able to use anymore their app but I do believe that in my case it will fit well.
I checked CCU3 prices and there's no competition, I do have already at least 2 RPi3B at home not used so the investment for me will be just the RF interface, so really cheap and not +150€ for a CCU3.
Most important for me is the integration with my current system, removing the cloud support is not a big deal, and be able to access as much as possible to the devices data and telemetry inside my own lan configuration!
I will check all the links you advised (it will be a busy afternoon!) and I'm sure I'll have some more clear ideas on what to do next to improve...
Thanks again!!

tomi_cc16

Beitrag von tomi_cc16 » 16.12.2018, 17:30

Hi Giovanni,

I checked the amazon.it Warehouse deals and right now they have HmIP-WTH-2 and other stuff for half price in Italy:
https://www.amazon.it/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_ ... =Homematic

Here the HmIP-WTH-2 - be quick before somebody elese will buy for this price ;-) - it's event cheap for germans - only 4€ shipping costs.
https://www.amazon.it/Telekom-Trasmetti ... =Homematic

säpfle
Danksagung erhalten: 2 Mal

Beitrag von säpfle » 16.12.2018, 22:19

Sorry I was quicker guys :wink: - price was 50% cheaper than anywhere else and I could need it.

papperone

Beitrag von papperone » 16.12.2018, 23:07

Thanks guys, anyway I don't need more wall thermostat, tomorrow I'll place order for an RF module and I will setup a RaspberyMatic asap...
If it will work as expected I will even sell my Lan Gateway which will become useless :)

tomi_cc16

Beitrag von tomi_cc16 » 16.12.2018, 23:53

@papperone - with Lan Gateway probably you mean your Homematic IP Access Point (HmIP-HAP) ;-)

FYI - eQ-3 said that they think to bring a firmware update for the HmIP-HAP to make it to a "real" HmIP Lan Gateway for the CCU3 to extend the RF range for the HmIP protocol. But not sure when ...
So better keep it for the future.

For CCU and HM protocol a Homematic Lan Gateway (HM-LGW-O-TW-W-EU) exits already.

More info can be found here:
viewtopic.php?f=49&t=45340

papperone

Beitrag von papperone » 17.12.2018, 07:36

tomi_cc16 hat geschrieben:
16.12.2018, 23:53
@papperone - with Lan Gateway probably you mean your Homematic IP Access Point (HmIP-HAP) ;-)

FYI - eQ-3 said that they think to bring a firmware update for the HmIP-HAP to make it to a "real" HmIP Lan Gateway for the CCU3 to extend the RF range for the HmIP protocol. But not sure when ...
So better keep it for the future.

For CCU and HM protocol a Homematic Lan Gateway (HM-LGW-O-TW-W-EU) exits already.

More info can be found here:
viewtopic.php?f=49&t=45340
Sorry you are right, at the moment I'm running with HmIP-HAP indeed, which as per your feedback I need to remove from current setup once I will run live with RaspberryMatic without the cloud support; good news about firmware upgrade so I can keep it stored and hopefully in the future I will be able to use it as kind of "slave" access point to extend RF coverage in my house...

blueznl
Danksagung erhalten: 1 Mal

Beitrag von blueznl » 18.12.2018, 23:09

Half the stuff in this thread is over my head :wink: but at least I can help out at one thing: once you start throwing around valves, you can read a program on the CCU2/3 to read the valve positions. If any valve is more than 'n' % open it means there is demand for heat, which then you could use start your boiler(pump). Pretty much the same as a floor heating, it seems :-)

Antworten

Zurück zu „HomeMatic - english“