eTRV + WTH – total dissapointment

Support for our english speaking visitors

Moderator: Co-Administratoren

Antworten
Paul_1

eTRV + WTH – total dissapointment

Beitrag von Paul_1 » 11.12.2019, 13:47

Ok guys, I've installed the Access Point, the WTH + eTRV in one room, and eTRV alone in other room. Inlet water is from collective heating (I leave in the residential block).

I’ve been testing it for a week now, time to share my experience.

After reading the materials on Homematic IP web page and posts in this forum, my expectations were high. Right now, I’m totally disappointed with this system.

Let me give you an example of what happens. In the morning the temperature in the heating profile was set at 21,5C but the eTRV reached 22.8C and was still heating up. I set an offset of 1C to thermostat radiator, to stop it from overheating.

In the evening - on the contrary – the heating profile was set to reach 22,5C at 5 p.m. (the system is in the optimal climate mode, meaning it should have reach reached 22,5C by 5 p.m.). The system started heating at 5 p.m. when the temp. in the room was 21.6C. The eTRV was set at 22,5C. 3 hrs later the temp. was reaching 22C. Too little, too late. I would expect that the system reacts and opens the valve more, sets higher temperature on eTRV (sth like 25C for instance) to adjust the temperature to the one set in heating profile.

I understand that it takes some time for the system to learn and adjust its performance. But after a week the system should have already worked better. For instance, on the first day it started heating up approx. 1,5h before time set and boosted the heater to 30C. It didn’t reach the temp. set at the time given. So the system should “know” that it takes more time to heat up the room. But next day it operated as I describe in the paragraph above. So it did sth completely opposite than what you would expect.

The same story everyday. Actually, I've got impression that the room without WTH works better – the eTRV reacts more quickly to changing temperature.

Summing up, I’m totally disappointed with this solution right now. It works worse than my previous electronic, but not so smart, thermostat Honeywell HR – 25, which costs a fraction of Homematic Ip solution.

Kind regards,
Paweł

tomi_cc16
Danksagung erhalten: 56 Mal

Re: eTRV + WTH – total dissapointment

Beitrag von tomi_cc16 » 11.12.2019, 15:13

Paul_1 hat geschrieben:
11.12.2019, 13:47
Let me give you an example of what happens. In the morning the temperature in the heating profile was set at 21,5C but the eTRV reached 22.8C and was still heating up. I set an offset of 1C to thermostat radiator, to stop it from overheating.
Is this for the room with WTH or without?
Paul_1 hat geschrieben:
In the evening - on the contrary – the heating profile was set to reach 22,5C at 5 p.m. (the system is in the optimal climate mode, meaning it should have reach reached 22,5C by 5 p.m.). The system started heating at 5 p.m. when the temp. in the room was 21.6C. The eTRV was set at 22,5C. 3 hrs later the temp. was reaching 22C. Too little, too late. I would expect that the system reacts and opens the valve more, sets higher temperature on eTRV (sth like 25C for instance) to adjust the temperature to the one set in heating profile.
Did you activate or deactivated this option ?
Optimum Start/Stop function - still same results? Not sure if it only works with a WTH in the room.

Here a review from a tester of the Optimum Start/Stop function:
https://technikkram.net/2019/01/homemat ... p-funktion
"Basically, it is a useful, new feature that brings me the set temperature much closer to my predetermined time. However, since many modern heating baths today have an outside temperature-dependent flow temperature, it can still lead to a misadaptation of the system. In my case, I have deactivated the function again, as my heating boiler simply generates too much fluctuating flow temperatures and the "radiated heat" of the radiator at the set time in the heating profile is already sufficient for me."

Optimum.jpg
Paul_1 hat geschrieben:
I understand that it takes some time for the system to learn and adjust its performance. But after a week the system should have already worked better. For instance, on the first day it started heating up approx. 1,5h before time set and boosted the heater to 30C. It didn’t reach the temp. set at the time given. So the system should “know” that it takes more time to heat up the room. But next day it operated as I describe in the paragraph above. So it did sth completely opposite than what you would expect.

The same story everyday. Actually, I've got impression that the room without WTH works better – the eTRV reacts more quickly to changing temperature.
CCU (RaspberryMatic) I use and here I can define for every eTRV the maximum valve opening when heating up

Access Point - I installed at my parents hourse - here you don't have the possibility and have to live with the heating logic and valve opening the App/Cloud is providing. But their heating results (4 rooms with eTRVs + WTH + ...) looks good. Did not hear any complaints.

So if you want to individualize more I guess the Access Point as gateway is maybe not the right thing for you, because its more for beginners with more simple logics. CCU / RaspberryMatic is more for individual experts.

Paul_1

Beitrag von Paul_1 » 11.12.2019, 17:18

Yes, it’s in the room with the WTH, Optimum Start/Stop function is on.
I don’t need more advanced function of the CCU. Just basic ones, but working as advertised by Homematic IP, would be enough for me.

tomi_cc16
Danksagung erhalten: 56 Mal

Beitrag von tomi_cc16 » 11.12.2019, 17:27

Paul_1 hat geschrieben:
11.12.2019, 17:18
Yes, it’s in the room with the WTH, Optimum Start/Stop function is on.
I don’t need more advanced function of the CCU. Just basic ones, but working as advertised by Homematic IP, would be enough for me.
Did you also tried without the Optimum Start/Stop function for some days?

Antworten

Zurück zu „HomeMatic - english“