Battery-powered wireless switch actuator wiring (HM-LC-Sw1-BA-PCB)

Support for our english speaking visitors

Moderator: Co-Administratoren

Antworten
Neven

Battery-powered wireless switch actuator wiring (HM-LC-Sw1-BA-PCB)

Beitrag von Neven » 21.12.2019, 15:58

Hello dear HM community.

Simple question regarding the mentioned actuator's power input.
I have wired it according to image no. 1 on the attached diagram from the manual, and works fine with both the 9v battery or even a 220v to 5v phone adapter.
Thing is in both cases I need a separate power supply for the actuator (5-15v) and another one for the relay (12v).
Is it possible to use the same 12v supply in parallel to power both of them ? My logic says yes, but since I'm an amateur in electronics I'd rather check.
Even more so by seing the diagram image no. 2 that mentioned the use of a pull-up resistor in such situations. (no idea what that is - guessing something to do with microcontrollers , also don't know what +Ub is). If someone could clear these terms for me I'd be versy grateful , but most important question is simply : Can I wire 12v in parallel both to actuator input KL1 and relay on KL2 ?

Btw I wanted to use this for controlling my heating thermostat which has a 12V supply. Also I used this actuator with a 9v battery and it got empty in 6 months, so pointless in this scenario. Also stupid to pull another power supply from somewhere else , if I could use the existing one.

Thanks in advance and Happy Holidays !
Neven
Capture.JPG

Sergo
Danksagung erhalten: 9 Mal

Re: Battery-powered wireless switch actuator wiring (HM-LC-Sw1-BA-PCB)

Beitrag von Sergo » 21.12.2019, 17:20

No issues at all. Except that this PCB is designed for work out of battery => this may cause different kind of surprises, just keep this in mind 8)
I also used similar setup viewtopic.php?f=49&t=46514&start=30

Neven

Re: Battery-powered wireless switch actuator wiring (HM-LC-Sw1-BA-PCB)

Beitrag von Neven » 21.12.2019, 22:36

Thx for the reply Sergo,
I'll be sure to check your post as well.

I got this actuator since it's the only one I've found that works on 12v (?!)
As far as I get it, battery and a dc regulator are the same thing regarding the current, only first one has limited power... Has anyone even reported problems when not using it with battery ?
...but the problem that could teoretically happen here is if the gate (KL2) shares the same ground as the main input (KL1) , hence my original question.

Btw I had another HM-LC-Sw1-BA-PCB on a 9v battery controlling my desktop computer and it got empty pretty fast (imo 5-6 months is really too fast , with LED switched off even - so really not usefull) , so I just scrapped old 5v phone charger and it worked fine and still does for a year now.

Best Regards!

Antworten

Zurück zu „HomeMatic - english“