Set delay for window/door sensor more than 60 seconds

Support for our english speaking visitors

Moderator: Co-Administratoren

Antworten
Kirill

Set delay for window/door sensor more than 60 seconds

Beitrag von Kirill » 02.02.2020, 16:18

Hello.

I've a thermostat and a window/door sensor from Homematic IP.
What I would like to have is that thermostat works in manual mode, and when the room door is open, temperature goes down, and then when door closes, temperature goes up to the previous manual setting.
So far it seems to work, but unfortunately the maximum time delay to door sensor is only 60 seconds, meaning if there is a lot of movement from/into the room the thermostat will be constantly changing the temperature (which might negatively affect its motor and maybe the heating system).

So the question: is it possible to configure delay for window/door sensor to be longer than 60 seconds, for example 5-15 minutes?

Being a software engineer myself, I don't see a reason why the options are limited to only max 60 seconds, because technically it shouldn't be hard to have a delay for any random amount of seconds/minutes.

Thank you.

Kirill

Re: Set delay for window/door sensor more than 60 seconds

Beitrag von Kirill » 02.02.2020, 18:19

Hi, I use Access Point with Homematic IP Android app.

tomi_cc16
Danksagung erhalten: 56 Mal

Beitrag von tomi_cc16 » 02.02.2020, 18:48

Then you limited to the App functionalities, but there are some options you could try:

1. Connect your access point to Conrad Connect - search in the published scenarios if you find what you are looking for or create an own and publish it.
https://dashboard.conradconnect.de/publ ... 1569358733

2. Set up Home Assistant or IoBroker on a RaspberryPI, connect it to your HmIP access point and create the (complex) scenarios that you have in mind. ;-)

Kirill

Beitrag von Kirill » 02.02.2020, 19:44

Hey Tomi, thanks for suggestions.
When I bought Homematic IP I was hoping that it will be a plug-and-play solution without additional headache :)
I played a bit with Conrad Connect, could configure a delay for door sensor for open/close states and could set a custom temperature when the sensor is in the "open" state. But couldn't find how to reset temperature back to the custom manual value when sensor is in "closed" state (or to reset to whatever state it had before door was opened) - there is only a possibility to provide a specific temperature value.
And I'm not sure how Homematic IP App and Conrad Connect play together, if they'll have any conflicts (e.g. Homematic IP app has own configuration for the delay, and Conrad Connect has then additional delay).
If there are no other solutions, maybe I'll give Conrad Connect another try later when I'll have a bit more time for that.
Thanks anyways! :)

tomi_cc16
Danksagung erhalten: 56 Mal

Beitrag von tomi_cc16 » 02.02.2020, 21:44

Plug-and-Play doesn’t mean always Full Expert Functionalities and Scenarios. ;-)

But Yes, I understand if you expect from the Original App more.

mototeacher
Danksagung erhalten: 24 Mal

Beitrag von mototeacher » 11.02.2020, 23:03

Hi Kirill,

what if you get rid of the access point and replace by ccu3 or Raspi.
That will allow all you need and much more.
Language?

Br,

Uli
>500 Kanäle in ca. 100 Geräten / CCU2 als LAN GW / Tinker S mit 3.73.9.20231130 produktiv.
Weiterhin über Cat5 abgesetztes HM-MOD-RPI-PCB Modul zum optimalen Antennenstandort -
3 HmIP AP Systeme mit > 30 + 40 + 15 Komponenten aufgebaut und fortlaufender Support.
1 HmIP AP mit knapp 40 Komponenten (Klimaregelung in einem Appartmenthaus/FB Heizung)
Wärmebedarfssteuerung mehrerer Buderus Systeme über HM und HmIP
Administrator der neuen User Map v.2 https://t1p.de/HMmap

Kirill

Beitrag von Kirill » 11.02.2020, 23:56

Hi mototeacher, thanks for suggestion.
As I wrote earlier, with Homematic IP I was really hoping for a solution that works out of the box, because I don't want to invest limited free time in learning and setting up one more tool :) And I wasn't expecting that setting timeout for more than 60 seconds is such a specific use case, maybe this feature will appear in the app sometime.
For now, I don't really need all the power and extensibility of the Raspi/CCU3, but I'll keep this idea in mind anyways :)

Antworten

Zurück zu „HomeMatic - english“