WTH-2 continuously switching MIOB

Support for our english speaking visitors

Moderator: Co-Administratoren

Antworten
Huey

WTH-2 continuously switching MIOB

Beitrag von Huey » 03.02.2020, 11:25

Hello, not a long user of Homematic IP so still searching on concepts and workings of the different products. Make use of a CCU3 (Homematic but with latest Raspimatic installed), so no cloud AP.

Have installed for my living space, that is heated with floorheating, a FALMOT-C12 on the divider with valves and a PSM on the divider pump (FALMOT channel 14 to PSM 3) to switch it off. The FALMOT channel 13 is connected to MIOB channel 7 that switches the Heating boiler (of type Nefit/Buderus). A WTH-2 is connected with channel 7 to the valves channels 1 of the FALMOT. (Have set the valves to normal floor heating mode: will need to see overtime whether maybe a low-energy heating mode is better. Using it now for a few weeks and normal mode seems fine...)
For upstairs I use WTH-2 to regulate the heat in the attic. The WTH-2 channel 5 is connected to the MIOB channel 3.

My installation guy has connected the MIOB connectors 4.1, 4.2 ánd 5.1 and 5.2 to my on/off connector on the Heating boiler.

Everything works as expected so I guess all connections ok, right? (Could someone comment on the correct connection of both channels and physical MIOB connectors?)

Now I would like to extend the heating zones to more rooms with additional WTH-2's on the MIOB channel 3.
I have started with 1, but when setpoint higher as actual temperature, indeed the MIOB is switched on channel 3 but to my surprise I see the MIOB then constantly switching on and off on that channel 3.
Is it not that it switches it on on and if more WTH-2's need it on, it would stay on, and when needed to switch of it would be veto'ed by either one if it should not?

Is this expected behaviour or have I made a mistake anywhere?

Thanks for any advice and with regards

Huey

Re: WTH-2 continuously switching MIOB

Beitrag von Huey » 06.02.2020, 17:52

Ok, after reading many more threads I find that ELV recommends with WHS2 to set it to switch on only, and a delay of 5 minutes. As I thought MIOB was enhanced WHS2, I might give this a try. But then my heating does not switch of at all... So now I kept it to switch on/off but with off delay of 5 minutes. That keeps a lot of the short switches away.

samuellazea
System: CCU und Access Point

Re: WTH-2 continuously switching MIOB

Beitrag von samuellazea » 11.11.2020, 00:48

Hello, do you still remember the threads that you read regarding the delay to be set? Also, did you change it yourself with 5 minutes delay? I ask cause I have the same issue with FAL and MIOB. Thanks lots in advance

Antworten

Zurück zu „HomeMatic - english“