Support for our english speaking visitors

Moderator: Co-Administratoren

Antworten
samuellazea
System: CCU und Access Point

Heat demand duty cycle

Beitrag von samuellazea » 29.10.2020, 19:27

Hello friends,

Sorry for disturbing again. I have another question if I may. I have HM IP AP with HM IP FAL for floor heating together with MIOB box. In the MIOB box I have 2 channels ( 1 pump control, 2 heat demand). The issue I am interested is if I can make sure the heat demand remains turned ON all the time there is demand. Now it remains ON but every 15 minutes it turns off the demand for 1 minute and then starts again. This is shutting down the Boiler for 1 minute and starts it again after and this to me is waste of energy to start again. I have to mention I have a pellets boiler so it's not that fast in starting up like a gas boiler.
I wonder if there is an option somewhere where I can make sure it does not turn off every 15 minutes.
Here is a picture of what I am talking about
Capture10.JPG
See the bottom row how it turns off every 15 minutes for 1 minute. Also on top right you can see that the thermostat temperature desire remains unchanged. Meaning it needs more heat.

Thanks a lot for the help and it's much appreciated

samuellazea
System: CCU und Access Point

Re: Heat demand duty cycle

Beitrag von samuellazea » 29.10.2020, 21:27

tomi_cc16 hat geschrieben:
29.10.2020, 19:33
How did you create this cool history?
Quite easy actually. Takes a bit of time to get it all sorted but in few hours it's up and the you have a nice history for years to come. Just basic principle, homeassistant grabs the data from HM AP, then it puts the data in influxdb. From there it's a matter of displaying the data in grafana by creating a dashboard for it. I also set temperature alarms in case some room is bellow a certain value to get email notification about it.

If you want to go to the next level ( if you are more advanced) you use docker. I have docker images for each component ( homeassistant container, influx container, grafana container, nodered container etc), and I mount a directory in each of them from the host computer ( synology nas) so I persist all data and settings from them. Then with a single bash script using docker compose I start them all and I also update them all ( pulling new images on updates) and still have all the data and settings in the newly upgraded containers.

Basically this is what I have in a nutshell. If you want to do something similar just pop questions and I will help you gladly ;)

adarm
System: CCU

Beitrag von adarm » 26.06.2022, 22:22

Heya - did you make any progress here?

same is happening to me, i know the first time i setup FAL + WTH + MIOB this wasnt the case, now FAL is being closed ever 15mins

adarm

Beitrag von adarm » 26.06.2022, 22:31

I think i see you in another thread following advice to not direct connect but create a group

trying that...read last week to do direct and save CCU where possible. :roll:

adarm

Beitrag von adarm » 27.06.2022, 21:50

Edit, seems this is the duty cycle stuff....any way around it? Asking for a friend

Getting warmer with the groups!

However, to update and ask questions!

- fal turns on for 15minutes but turns off actuator for 5s before turning back on. Any tips how to have on all time that stat is calling heat? Samuel I think you say in another thread you gave up and wrote your own scripts - is this by just checking the setpoint vs actual temperature? How did you set up hysteresis, frost protection and so forth - feels like I'd need function library

- if I turn stat down, actuator goes off, stat back up - fal doesn't open unless it's been approx 15mins after the actuator was last on. This i can sympathise with as stops cycling but it would be nice to understand/override

Antworten

Zurück zu „HomeMatic - english“