Connection problems CCU2

Support for our english speaking visitors

Moderator: Co-Administratoren

Remko

Connection problems CCU2

Beitrag von Remko » 06.11.2020, 10:03

Hi All,

I'm having problems with connection to my CCU2
Last week I have been busy updating my wifi to mesh wifi. After that I had some trouble due to mesh settings. After that was sorted out (thanks to Michael) I had connection via the main wifi-point and via my modem (Ziggo), so was very happy.
But... the CCU2 had to be connected to one of the other mesh points via LAN. This was no succes. After I placed it to the other mesh point I'm not able to connect to the CCU2 at all.... Also not via the point I had a connection an hour earlier....

I have downloaded NetFinder. There the CCU is visible with the same IP-adres I had. But typing that IP adres in my internet explorer doesn't bring me anywhere. It says it can't reach this page

The CCU2 still works, my ventilation and heating system still works fine

Anyone any tips that might help?

Kind regards,
Remko

samuellazea
System: CCU und Access Point

Re: Connection problems CCU2

Beitrag von samuellazea » 06.11.2020, 10:38

Hi. Try to connect to the CCU in the same subnet. Meaning, if your computer is 192.168.20.3 and the CCU is 192.168.0.3 the 20 subnet will not know how to connect to 0 subnet. This means you either make the subnet a /16 (255.255.0.0) or you make sure to add a route on your computer so he knows how to reach the 0 segment.

Please also mention what ips have on both computer, router and ccu and what type of operating system you have on your computer so it's easier to help

cmjay
System: CCU
Danksagung erhalten: 351 Mal

Beitrag von cmjay » 06.11.2020, 10:51

Hi Remko,

I will answer in this new thread instead of per PN such that other users can participate in trying to solve your problem.
Just to rule out some very basic pitfalls:
When trying to connect via browser to the IP address indicated by netfinder for the CCU the laptop in you mesh network is in the same IP range as the CCU, right?
"ipconfig" should show something like "192.168.X.Y" for your laptop, where all blocks except for the Y-block must be identical to the one of the netfinder result for the CCU. Otherwise connection will not work (in case of a standard 255.255.255.0 subnet mask and no static route). Sorry if this is too basic stuff for you, but I don't know how familiar you are with networks.
If that is ok then try emptying your browser cache or use a different browser to connect to the WebUI.

Then we'll see further.

EDIT: samuellazea was faster ... :D
Es kann leider nicht ganz ausgeschlossen werden, dass ich mich irre.
HmIP muss leider draussen bleiben. in Ausnahmefällen erlaubt
ACHTUNG! Per Portweiterleitung aus dem Internet erreichbare CCU-WebUI ist unsicher! AUCH MIT PASSWORTSCHUTZ! Daher: Portweiterleitung deaktivieren!

Remko

Beitrag von Remko » 06.11.2020, 19:33

Sorry if this is too basic stuff for you, but I don't know how familiar you are with networks.
Don't be, if I would be very familiar with netwerks I probable wouldn't need your help :)

Netfinder IP adres of CCU is 192.168.68.11
IP adres of computer (windows 10) is 192.168.178.32
So according to your both answers this is not going to work?

I'll search on google how to change subnet and will change it to 68 then?

I'll report back when I managed to change the subnet of my laptop

cmjay

Beitrag von cmjay » 06.11.2020, 19:43

Ok, now it looks like we see what is going on.
One way to solve your problem is to set your subnet mask in the Ziggo modem as well as the M4 from 255.255.255.0 to 255.255.0.0.
But I am still puzzled as to why the M4 is using its own IP range and DHCP server. It shouldn't do that when operating in Access Point Mode (as you said you reconfigured it to do). In Access Point Mode the M4 should not use its own DHCP server, but rely on the DHCP server of the Ziggo box. Thus, all devices connected to the M4 should receive their IP address from the Ziggo box. Hence, all devices should automatically be in the same IP range.
My only explanation for the observed behaviour is that you somehow switched the M4 system back into router mode. Thus, instead of changing the subnet masks please check if M4 is still in AP mode.
ACHTUNG! Per Portweiterleitung aus dem Internet erreichbare CCU-WebUI ist unsicher! AUCH MIT PASSWORTSCHUTZ! Daher: Portweiterleitung deaktivieren!

Remko

Beitrag von Remko » 06.11.2020, 20:54

I can't change the subnet mask in the M4. The only way to control the M4 is via an app and there are no such settings… Only very basis settings
What I do see is a message in that app that a new device is detected: eQ-3 entwicklung. Buy the device is offline according to that app.

I doublechecked: the M4 is still in access point mode

In the Ziggo connect box I can only change the DHCPv4-server. Does it make sense to change the subnet from 178 to 68? Can I then still access the connect box after I changed the ip-adres?

edit: all devices connected to the M4 have same ip range (196.168.178.x)

cmjay

Beitrag von cmjay » 06.11.2020, 21:30

I am a bit lost. All this somehow doesn't make any sense if M4 is indeed in AP mode.
Let's go step by step.
When you connect your laptop to the Ziggo box what is the IP address assigned to it (ipconfig)?
When you connect it to the LAN port of M4 (node 1, 2, ...) what are the IP addresses it obtains in each case?

Remko

Beitrag von Remko » 06.11.2020, 22:08

Wifi off -> LAN cable connected to:
Ziggo modem- IPv4 Address: 192.168.178.61
M4 master unit: 192.168.178.61
M4 node 2: 192.168.178.61
M4 node 3: 192.168.178.61

I did wait until network connection was ready, then I dit IPconfig right away. There's no delay or something?

CCU2 is connected to M4 node 3
IP adres according to netfinder is 192.168.68.11

samuellazea
System: CCU und Access Point

Beitrag von samuellazea » 06.11.2020, 22:11

Try to create just a route to that subnet and access the ccu and assign it a permanent ip in the subnet you want. That would be 5 minute work :wink:

cmjay

Beitrag von cmjay » 06.11.2020, 22:26

Well, according to Remko the options for configuring the network settings are very limited in the Ziggo box. If he cannot even adapt the subnet mask I doubt it will be possible to create a static route.

The M4 system is indeed in AP Mode.
For some strange reason the CCU has now an IP address that is outside the Ziggo boxes' original IP range where you operated it before installing the Deco M4 system (assuming that you haven't changed anything in the Ziggo box).
What should hopefully work is the following.
Reconfigure the M4 system from AP Mode back to Router Mode.
Set the IP range in the M4 to 192.168.68.1 (Advanced features -> IPv4 -> WAN -> IP address) and restart the system.
Then connect laptop to the M4 system and it should obtain an IP in the same range as the CCU's current IP.
If luck is on your side you should then be able to connect to the WebUI with your browser.
Zuletzt geändert von cmjay am 06.11.2020, 22:38, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.

Antworten

Zurück zu „HomeMatic - english“