HmIP-WTH-2 to HmIP-eTRV-C connection

Support for our english speaking visitors

Moderator: Co-Administratoren

Antworten
mats@intnu.se

HmIP-WTH-2 to HmIP-eTRV-C connection

Beitrag von mats@intnu.se » 20.11.2020, 15:22

Hi from Sweden, the cold is coming and I need to configure my new devices.

The history is that i have old FHT 80b and FHT 8V devices that starts to fail so I have bought a HmIP-WTH-2, a HmIP-eTRV-C and a CCU3 just to start testing to see if I could make them work in the same manner as the old ones.

As I'm not so good at German(really bad actually) I have downloaded the Enlish translation(Thanks to those who did the translation).

My gool is to make it to work as it did with the old stuff, a wall thermostat controlling the radiator.
From the manual I got that I had to configure 3 channels between the devices to make it work as i wanted if I understod it correct but I must have missed somthing crusial as it does not work.

I can change the setting on the radiator thermostat and the regulation works but if I change the wall thermostat nothing happens.
Have attached a file with a picture of my channel definitions, have not yet named the devices properly.

Can anyone help me how to continue?

Maybe you need something more from my configuration to be able to help me but I do not know what to include.

Best Regards
Mats
Dateianhänge
picture.JPG

krawiec
System: CCU
Danksagung erhalten: 1 Mal

Re: HmIP-WTH-2 to HmIP-eTRV-C connection

Beitrag von krawiec » 20.11.2020, 17:46

Create a group - HmIP-Heating Control. It will make all the connection automatically.

Greg

Baxxy
System: Alternative CCU (auf Basis OCCU)
Danksagung erhalten: 2180 Mal

Beitrag von Baxxy » 20.11.2020, 17:49

mats@intnu.se hat geschrieben:
20.11.2020, 15:22
Can anyone help me how to continue?
Hi,
i think it's the best to first delete all your manually established connections.
The got to
Settings --> Groups --> New
switch Group-Type to HmIP-Heating
and select your devices that in one room or should work together (plus window contact if you have).
Then OK and all necessary connections will be created automatically plus an virtual Group-Device will be added to your System.
That virtual Device is now your "Master". Settings, week profiles etc. should be edited there.
Zuletzt geändert von Baxxy am 20.11.2020, 18:11, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.

mats@intnu.se

Beitrag von mats@intnu.se » 20.11.2020, 18:09

Thanks, will try this tomorrow :)

mats@intnu.se

Beitrag von mats@intnu.se » 21.11.2020, 12:07

Hi,
Now I have configured as you sugested, got the 3 same connections but I also got a virtul device I can configure.
Now I just have to wait untill it get colder outside to see if it works as I like, to warm to increse temperature today.

Some additional questions if I may:
1) I get an error message about transmission error when configuring, attached picture, if I click check again it seems to work, is that a problem?
2) It's a operate button on the virtual device that should show status of devices according to the manual but in my case only a yellow ring is shown for a brief moment in the blue field, I downloaded the latest version 3.53.34 yesterday, any sugestions.
3) Is it possible to se how much the valv is open as with the FHT 80b and FHT 8V?

PS. Now I understan that I have to read the manual from cover to cover to better understan how Homematic IP works.

Once more thanks for the fast answer.
Mats
Dateianhänge
picture2.JPG

bilbolodz
System: CCU und Access Point

Beitrag von bilbolodz » 25.12.2020, 11:30

I'm trying to setup group in my CCU3 (RaspberryMatic 3.53.34.20201121) but I can't see any "Addable devices" in group edit menu. I've already adopted: HMIP-SWDO, HmIP-WTH-B, HmIP-eTRV-B and all these devices have NO direct connections between. Any ideas?

Additional question: what's purpose of "Fuctions" and "Rooms"? Are there just "tags" for filter?

bilbolodz

Beitrag von bilbolodz » 25.12.2020, 11:57

I've found answer for may "additional questions" about rooms and functions (viewtopic.php?t=44941) but main issue still not resolved.....

bilbolodz

Beitrag von bilbolodz » 25.12.2020, 12:00

And found answer for main question! "Magic word": Group type, should be "HmIP Heating group" NOT "Heating group"!

Antworten

Zurück zu „HomeMatic - english“