Support for our english speaking visitors

Moderator: Co-Administratoren

BeyondRico
System: CCU und Access Point

Re: Starting with HomeMatic

Beitrag von BeyondRico » 26.11.2020, 10:46

samuellazea hat geschrieben:
25.11.2020, 20:35
Yes. This is the other device that I talk about. It's a smaller version of the MIOB box and it's doing the same thing. But you will have to make sure to configure it properly. It's not that straight forward. I also have this and if you pla to use CCU make sure not to use switch toggle but use switch ON for a certain time. Otherwise your boiler will turn ON and OFF all the time due to cycle in use by eq3. You will understand more when you will configure it.
Does this main that it stays one for the set amount of time after a trigger or that you have to specify the working hours (from the morning til evening).

samuellazea

Beitrag von samuellazea » 26.11.2020, 10:56

Something like that. For myself I set it to turn ON the heat demand for 20 minutes ( this way I pass the eq3 cycle which is 15 min I think) and the pump I set it much higher. I also defined 3 time intervals when I want the boiler to start ( I have pellets boiler and I don't want to do it too often). This means for example if my time interval is from 8:00-9:30 if there is heat demand in that interval he will start the boiler for 20 minutes, since the cycle is around 15 minutes if there is still heat demand after 15 minutes the heat demand will start the boiler for 20 minutes again ( the boiler is already ON and will not know the difference). This way the timer is started again for 20 minutes. As for the pump, that I set it way longer for myself cause boiler will heat the water to higher degrees and then the pump can run for 1.5h more and take hot water from it even if the boiler is not running/heating.

When you will get there you will see what I am talking about ;)

BeyondRico

Beitrag von BeyondRico » 10.12.2020, 10:59

Ok few weeks later and I have successfully installed the system, however I have linked all the devices with the ccu3 but don't really understand where to go from there. I created some rooms and putt the devices in the correct one (don't now where to putt the ccu3 and switch actuator for heating systems/HmIP-WHS2) Could you send me in the right direction? I can manually turn devices on and off but don't know how to automate the system and make them work inside a group or something like that. I hope you can help, anyways thank you for the help so far.

samuellazea

Beitrag von samuellazea » 10.12.2020, 12:45

So, for myself I don't use groups. They do not work with FAL and WTH. For each WTH I created direct connection to FAL actor that I needed to. FAL :1 in my case is the pump so I use that for the pump actor. Now, the trick is connecting the FAL with MIOB or in your case with HmIP-WHS2. Myself I don't want to start the boiler/pump all the time when there is demand. If I want to have an interval when the boiler can run then I need to create a program an not a direct connection. Now if you don't want a program on the boiler and you want to run the boiler anytime there is need, then you need a direct connection from Heat demand channel of FAL to Heat demand channel of HmIP-WHS2. So when there is heat demand the boiler will start. Also take care of pww here if you don't want to start/stop the boiler all time. To work around the pww you can do the start of the heat demand channel on HmIP-WHS2 for 20 min every time there is need and then it will not stop the boiler till there is no heat demand anymore.

For the pump, you can do the same as for the heat demand and will work without issues. For myself I have more complex setup where I read the water temperature from the boiler and put it in CCU as a variable and I will ONLY start the pump on MIOB/WHS2 when the temperature of the water is above a certain value ( 40 degrees in my case).

If something does not work properly or you can't figure it out, I can try to help you with setup if you have team viewer of something else and then I will guide you through the settings that I have on my side.
Best of luck

BeyondRico

Beitrag von BeyondRico » 10.12.2020, 14:58

Thank you for responding. The problem is that I am installing this in a friends house so teamviewer unfortunately is not going to work. About the system I am not familiar with the webui so I don't really know where to start to be honest. I will try to explain what I want to achieve with the system. there are 2 rooms that use floor heating, therefore I have 5 actuators (1 group has 2 tubes and the other the remaining 3) In each room I will putt the temperature sensor. Upstairs there are (for now) 2 radiators that have the basic radiator thermostat (HmIP-eTRV-B) connected. and as you know next to the boiler I mounted the switch actuator for heating systems. for the last part I would like to have the same setup as you mentioned, but as before I don't know where to start. Where in de webui can you make this logic and make the actuator respond on the temperature sensor and turn the boiler on etc.(I also have to mention that I did not connect the pump to the system) Ik hope that you could send me in the right direction so that the next time I am at his house I can configure this for him.

BeyondRico

Beitrag von BeyondRico » 04.01.2021, 18:47

samuellazea hat geschrieben:
10.12.2020, 12:45
So, for myself I don't use groups. They do not work with FAL and WTH. For each WTH I created direct connection to FAL actor that I needed to. FAL :1 in my case is the pump so I use that for the pump actor. Now, the trick is connecting the FAL with MIOB or in your case with HmIP-WHS2. Myself I don't want to start the boiler/pump all the time when there is demand. If I want to have an interval when the boiler can run then I need to create a program an not a direct connection. Now if you don't want a program on the boiler and you want to run the boiler anytime there is need, then you need a direct connection from Heat demand channel of FAL to Heat demand channel of HmIP-WHS2. So when there is heat demand the boiler will start. Also take care of pww here if you don't want to start/stop the boiler all time. To work around the pww you can do the start of the heat demand channel on HmIP-WHS2 for 20 min every time there is need and then it will not stop the boiler till there is no heat demand anymore.

For the pump, you can do the same as for the heat demand and will work without issues. For myself I have more complex setup where I read the water temperature from the boiler and put it in CCU as a variable and I will ONLY start the pump on MIOB/WHS2 when the temperature of the water is above a certain value ( 40 degrees in my case).

If something does not work properly or you can't figure it out, I can try to help you with setup if you have team viewer of something else and then I will guide you through the settings that I have on my side.
Best of luck
Any tips on my previous post?

Antworten

Zurück zu „HomeMatic - english“