Slow underfloor heating valves - HmIP-FAL230 ?

Support for our english speaking visitors

Moderator: Co-Administratoren

Antworten
ppe-bh
System: in Planung

Slow underfloor heating valves - HmIP-FAL230 ?

Beitrag von ppe-bh » 04.12.2020, 01:05

Newbie question... I am considering to replace my primitive bimetall room thermostats with a HmIP system.

The water circuits have Danfoss actuators which only start opening after a 3-minutes delay.
After this delay, actuator operation takes 2 minutes but the water circuits are fully open after 20 second already.
Indeed, if I remove an actuator and press on the valve tip, a small move of less than 1mm is sufficient
to change water flow from 0 to maximum. Full valve travel is 4mm.

If I replace the bimetall thermostats with a HmIP-FAL230 (and wall thermostats), will the PWM regulation
work properly ? I have seen a thread with an example showing that PWM worked with a 2-minutes opening time
and 15 minutes cycle time. If so, the Danfoss valves will be too slow and will never open !

Is it possible to configure the FAL so the PWM pulses will always be longer than the 3 minutes lag time of the valves ?

Alternatively I could use a HmIP-FALMOT with VDMOT actuators. In this case, can I configure the actuators to limit
their travel to ~1mm instead of the full 4mm ?

Rgds,
ppe-bh

blueznl
Danksagung erhalten: 1 Mal

Re: Slow underfloor heating valves - HmIP-FAL230 ?

Beitrag von blueznl » 13.12.2020, 22:12

I've put regular radiator valves in the loop, which works fine, though you might have to replace the firmware of the valves with an older version.

https://ninelizardsblog.blogspot.com/20 ... art-1.html

Antworten

Zurück zu „HomeMatic - english“