Homematic beginner questions

Support for our english speaking visitors

Moderator: Co-Administratoren

Antworten
GRONIG
System: CCU

Homematic beginner questions

Beitrag von GRONIG » 07.12.2020, 12:00

Dear forum members. I've been struggling with Homematic IP for quite some time now. Have read almost all contributions on this forum and internet but unfortunately could not find an appropriate answer.

Hopefully you can help me further.

I will try to describe my situation as best I can.

The following Homematic IP devices are in use:
- HMIP-HAP (Access point)
- HmIP-FAL24-C6 24 V 6-channel (Fußbodenheizungsaktor - 6-fach (with Möhlenhoff Stellantrieb Alpha-5 für Fussbodenheizung 230V)
- Wall thermostats (HmIP-WTH-B)
- HmIP-WHS2 (to switch the boiler)
- Radiator thermostats (IP HmIP-eTRV-B)

Situation house:
- Ground floor: underfloor heating with different zones (e.g. living room, kitchen, bathroom)
- 1st floor: bedrooms with radiators with thermostats

Desired situation:
When there is a heat demand from:
- 1 or more underfloor heating zones and / or
- 1 or more radiators
the WHS2 must switch on the boiler. When there is no heat demand, the boiler must be switched off.

What have I done so far:
I connected the WHS2 to channel 1 to the 'on-off-contact' of the boiler (Nefit Trendline HRC 30).
- in the WHS-2, when allocating, a choice must be made between heating via or underfloor heating or via radiator thermostats. I don't see an option to use both at the same time.

The middle way that I have chosen for now is the option of 'leading room'. The leading room is then the 'living room' zone of the underfloor heating. With this, in addition to the 'living room' zone, the thermostats from the various bedrooms can also control the boiler, but unfortunately not the other zones of the underfloor heating.

I installed all Homematic IP devices via the Iphone App. Without direct connections. Created several rooms and there the wall thermostats, underfloor heating and radiator thermostats in the relevant room.

I now have the following problems:
- I cannot use the other zones of the underfloor heating to control the boiler (I have now hung all zones under the 'living room' zone as a workaround)
- the underfloor heating motors open and close regularly even after the SOLL temperature has been reached. When there is a (long) heat demand from 1 of the radiator thermostats, the floor continues to heat up slowly. And then it gets way too hot.
- by the way, it seems that the HmIP-FAL24-C6 lives its own life anyway. After the IST temperature in the 'living room' zone on the wall thermostat is lower than the SOLL, the boiler switches on. The various zones will then open and close continuously while the boiler remains on continuously. The boiler is then regularly running against completely closed zones. As a result of which the boiler jumps into 'standby'.
- When the SOLL temperature from the leading room is reached, the boiler switches off. That's ok. The temperature then usually warms up about 0.4 degrees further. But the boiler only switches on again when the IST temperature is 0.3 degrees below the SOLL temperature. In the meantime, the floor has cooled down considerably. However, as mentioned before, I see that the zones of the underfloor heating open regularly in the meantime, but the boiler remains off. Until the room temperature is 0.3 degrees below the SOLL. Only then does the boiler switch on again.

The Homematic help desk tells me to use both channels of the WHS-2. 1 for the underfloor heating and 1 for the thermostats. But do not indicate how this should be done in terms of connection.

Can you think with me how this can be solved in such a way that the underfloor heating zones and the radiator thermostats can switch the boiler on and off together? I simply cannot get it done.

I hope you have tips. Otherwise, I consider making my loss and saying goodbye to Homematic. And to switch to, for example, WAtts or Honeywell, which are supported by the local supplier. However, the reason I chose Homematic is that, in addition to heating, it also has a solution in 1 environment for lighting and security, for example.

Thanks in advance for responses

Kind regards from the Netherlands

GRONIG

Re: Homematic beginner questions

Beitrag von GRONIG » 12.12.2020, 11:19

Sorry for the rush. But can anyone help me with the combination:
- underfloor heating (HmIP-FAL24-C6),
- radiator thermostats (IP HmIP-eTRV-B)
- Access point (MIP-HAP) and
- HmIP-WHS2

EQ3 gives the following answer when asked again:
You cannot aggregate the heat demand of the two types of heating (underfloor heating and radiators) on one channel. You have to separate this into one channel each and thus use both channels of the WHS2. The best thing to do is to discuss this with the qualified electrician. Connection plans or specifications are not processed by us as part of the email support.
The aim must be that both switching channels can switch one consumer (boiler) equally (OR).

However, my local (Dutch-) installer does not know Homematic and does not know how to interpret the answer from EQ3.

So, is the use of both channels, as EQ-3 says, a software setting (in the WHS-2 or Accesspoint?) Or do I actually have to connect the wiring differently (extra) on the WHS-2?

The WHS-2 is now connected as shown below. The 'leading room' option works with that. 1 zone of the underfloor heating and the radiator thermostats then control the boiler. But as mentioned, the other zones of the FAL are not allowed to switch the boiler on and off.

Bild

szz743

Beitrag von szz743 » 19.01.2022, 12:05

Hi, were you able to resolve your problem? I've got the same mixed heating system and the same hardware and was also told by eq3 support that they will not tell me the best way to connect the devices and configure software.

Have you got a pump as well? I want to control both the boiler and the pump, the boiler is controlled by the dry output but the pump is controlled by 230V output.
It looks like I have two choices:
1. Use two whs2 devices but I don't know if two devices are supported by the software. One would be configured for "heat demand for rooms" and "heat demand for floor heating" and the second would be configured for "circulation pump"
2. Use one whs2 device, configure the outputs for "heat demand for rooms" and "heat demand for floor heating" and then add some sort of relay to control the pump by "floor heating" output.

thanks!

szz743

Beitrag von szz743 » 21.01.2022, 16:13

One more questions:
If I move from Access Point to CCU device will I be able to program whs2 outputs separately - one to be active when any of the floor heating valves is open and the second when any of floor heating or radiator valves is open?

Anyone can answer that?

thanks!

szz743

Beitrag von szz743 » 27.01.2022, 13:52

Anyone? Anything? Any advise?

thanks!

adarm

Beitrag von adarm » 03.05.2022, 21:44

Did you get anywhere? In same boat, same equipment can't get it to work.

szz743

Beitrag von szz743 » 04.05.2022, 22:11

No, have not received any useful info from Homematic support or from the forums and have not made any changes to the system, only water pump is connected for now and that works just fine.
Going to return to the problem this summer and connect gas boiler as well.

szz743

Beitrag von szz743 » 24.06.2022, 19:51

Some update. I have moved from AccessPoint to RaspberryMatic, now I'm able to control WHS2 outputs separately, made a simple program for the boiler output and another one for the pump output.

Antworten

Zurück zu „HomeMatic - english“