Beitrag von omicronCZ » 21.12.2020, 17:03

Hi Michael,
now perfectly fine, it's great :D

Just a little mistake there - somehow trimmed field variables:
WF_station_name
WF_public_name

This is what it actually looks like::

Code: Alles auswählen

{"station_id":2867,"station_name":"Bleiberg (Bublava, Ore Mountains), Czech Republic","public_name":"Bleiberg (Bublava, Ore Mountains), Czech Republic","latitude":50.36208,"longitude":12.50608,"timezone":"Europe/Prague".........
Thank you very much again
Petr

MichaelN
System: CCU
Danksagung erhalten: 1608 Mal

Re: WeatherFlow - Tempest

Beitrag von MichaelN » 21.12.2020, 18:36

It's not a perfect JSON parser, more quick & dirty.
I think you know the Station name very well so this little flaw could be ignored.
LG, Michael.

Wenn du eine App zur Bedienung brauchst, dann hast du kein Smarthome.

Wettervorhersage über AccuWeather oder OpenWeatherMap+++ Rollladensteuerung 2.0 +++ JSON-API-Ausgaben auswerten +++ undokumentierte Skript-Befehle und Debugging-Tipps +++

omicronCZ
Danksagung erhalten: 12 Mal

Re: WeatherFlow - Tempest

Beitrag von omicronCZ » 21.12.2020, 19:02

Yes Michael, absolutely :D
Thank one more.

thermostatique
Danksagung erhalten: 1 Mal

Re: WeatherFlow Weather Station (Tempest) integration into Homematic

Beitrag von thermostatique » 01.03.2022, 22:34

Hello,
I am interested to buy this Tempest weather station as well.
However I would like to know if I can easily interface it with my other Homematic devices.
Could you give me some feedback if this is working well ?

And if I understand correctly, you are requesting the data from the internet, not directly from the device ?

Thanks a lot

omicronCZ

Beitrag von omicronCZ » 02.03.2022, 11:24

Hi @thermostatique,

this integration retrieves via API the data from the Weather Flow cloud, where it goes from each Tempest online station (both generations). It stores this data in CCU local variables that can then be used for other Homematic programs.

E.g. I use the actual outdoor light level to control lighting (incl. auto-controlled PIR) or roller shutters, you can use the wind data for awnings and outdoor blinds. Rain information can be used to control a robotic mower if you integrate it into the HM as well. And extreme solar radiation, UV intensity and outdoor temperature can again control roller blinds, awnings and shutters. Simply in the CCU it is possible to have regularly updated information about the weather outside.

There is also the possibility to pull data directly from the weather station hub (via UDP) which is off-line. But there are some missing data that are calculated on the cloud side. This can of course only be used in the same LAN where the weather station is. Remotely only via the cloud.

I've been using Tempest first generation since 2017, and the new Tempest since last year, there has never been a WF cloud outage in that time.

In addition to the new generation Tempest at home, I also load weather data into my CCU from a remote weather station (Tempest 1st gen) at my mountain weekend house.

The integration is identical for both generations of Weather Flow - Tempest weather station, it works reliably and without problems.
Petr
thermostatique hat geschrieben:
01.03.2022, 22:34
Hello,
I am interested to buy this Tempest weather station as well.
However I would like to know if I can easily interface it with my other Homematic devices.
Could you give me some feedback if this is working well ?

And if I understand correctly, you are requesting the data from the internet, not directly from the device ?

Thanks a lot

ueffchen
Danksagung erhalten: 13 Mal

Beitrag von ueffchen » 02.03.2022, 16:34

Hi

I have principle questions about the Tempest Weatherstation. The device looks great, highly integrated and solar powered.
But I wonder if revolutionary principles like the haptic rain sensor work and if the temperature doesn't run away when the device is exposed to sun - which is an issue I have seen with other weather stations - either temperature goes high because its exposed to sun, or you can't measure wind/rain, because you locate it in a position were it is not exposed.
What is your experience?

Thanks!

thermostatique
Danksagung erhalten: 1 Mal

Beitrag von thermostatique » 03.03.2022, 23:30

omicronCZ hat geschrieben:
02.03.2022, 11:24
this integration retrieves via API the data from the Weather Flow cloud, where it goes from each Tempest online station (both generations). It stores this data in CCU local variables that can then be used for other Homematic programs.

There is also the possibility to pull data directly from the weather station hub (via UDP) which is off-line. But there are some missing data that are calculated on the cloud side. This can of course only be used in the same LAN where the weather station is. Remotely only via the cloud.
Ah this is what I was afraid of, I would have prefer to be independent from the cloud. As the API is open, I suppose it won't be long before we get an UDP interface with Homematic (when the Tempest will be more available).
omicronCZ hat geschrieben:
02.03.2022, 11:24
I've been using Tempest first generation since 2017, and the new Tempest since last year, there has never been a WF cloud outage in that time.

In addition to the new generation Tempest at home, I also load weather data into my CCU from a remote weather station (Tempest 1st gen) at my mountain weekend house.

The integration is identical for both generations of Weather Flow - Tempest weather station, it works reliably and without problems.
Petr
Thanks a lot for the feedback !

I am hesitating a lot to go with Tempest or with the Wittboy. I guess I'll wait a little to see if there is a consensus about which one is better (both are difficult to buy at the moment anyway).

omicronCZ

Beitrag von omicronCZ » 09.09.2022, 12:16

ueffchen hat geschrieben:
02.03.2022, 16:34
Hi

I have principle questions about the Tempest Weatherstation. The device looks great, highly integrated and solar powered.
But I wonder if revolutionary principles like the haptic rain sensor work and if the temperature doesn't run away when the device is exposed to sun - which is an issue I have seen with other weather stations - either temperature goes high because its exposed to sun, or you can't measure wind/rain, because you locate it in a position were it is not exposed.
What is your experience?

Thanks!
I'm sorry, I just found it now.
I've had a good experience. I have 2 of these Tempest stations

I was a crowdfunding participant in 2016 for the first generation WeatherFlow weather station, it served without problems until earlier this year in my weekend home. That was when one SKY sensor broke (this version had two more parts, i.e. AIR and SKY).
WF offered me a new Tempest version under special extended warranty, which I was also already running at home. It was not completely free, but at a significant discount even after 6 years of service :D

The haptic and sound sensors for rain and wind are well working, and if someone has a problem with rain measurement for example, it can be calibrated with tech support. But I have never had to do that.

The temperature, light and UV sensors are unproblematic on both generations of this weather station

Antworten

Zurück zu „HomeMatic - english“