Support for our english speaking visitors

Moderator: Co-Administratoren

Antworten
Triple_NL
System: Access Point

HmIP-eTRV-C poor build quality

Beitrag von Triple_NL » 02.01.2021, 09:34

October 2020 I swapped my ELV fht80b heating system for the homematic ip system
A access point with 7 HmIP-WTH2 And 12 HmIP-eTRV-C . Installation was quick and easy.

After functioning voor 2 month without a glitch, the problems started in the room with 3 radiators (different sizes and heating capacity)
Radiators started to heat unevenly or very aggressive at a time. Or one of the HmIP-eTRV-C did not close the valve.

Now the real problems started. 1 HmIP-eTRV-C was completely torn off the valve. The plastic coupling (all the parts) where torn off .the unit ran itself from the valve. The HmiP-eTRV-C was installed correctly.

Hence, a fht80b with all plastic couplings worked fine for 15 years on the same radiator.
With help of the reseller the broken eTRV-C was swapped. But the system still behaved erratic. So I contacted eq3 support. They explained that this was expected behaviour. One of the 3 eTRVs had to learn and this takes time.

After 9 days another eTRV broke at the coupling. Again all the plastic bits of the coupling torn off. Green stuff ouses out of the actuator. The actuator again ran itself off the valve. The plastic coupling feels very brittle.
I’ve contacted eq3 again. I worry about the overall build quality and big investment in my heating system. No reaction at this moment (perhaps due to holidays) . But I worry.

What could be the issue ? A bad batch of eTRV-Cs ? The unit isn’t soured for the metal elv adaptors ?

I am at a loss.

Triple_NL

Re: HmIP-eTRV-C poor build quality

Beitrag von Triple_NL » 04.01.2021, 17:42

i have an update :

EQ-3 states that is ins't the thermostat, but the valve of my radiator it self. This without any further investigation. They state that the valve of my radiator contains toxic/corrosive fluids and that is the cause of the rapture. But the valve and the adapter are clean as a whistle. No fluids or residue whats so ever.
It seems to come from the actuator or the metallic ring on the thermostat it self, not the valve or adapter.
So i've send additional proof of that to EQ-3.

Now they state that the thermostat is used in an environment that exceeds the tolerance of heat . The heating system i use ( central heating for a complete city) has a maximum water temperature of 70 degrees. In my case it never exceeds the temperature of 65 degrees Celsius. And the coupling temperature never exceeds the 40 degree marker. Well within the limits of 50degrees for the coupling and 95 degrees for the water it self.

i am deeply disappointed in EQ-3. The Homematic IP isn't the same quality as i've expected from the ELV FTH80-b units. The build quality choppy at best. and the will not own up to it.

The reseller ( Amazon) will reimburse me for the 2 broken thermostats. They cannot send me 2 new ones cause the manufacturer ( hence EQ-3) took all the eTRV-C as of 27 of december back from the Amazon warehouses ( not customers, no recalls) . So nothing is wrong, why take all back ?

I am disappointed at EQ-3.

Don Kanaille
Danksagung erhalten: 110 Mal

Beitrag von Don Kanaille » 04.01.2021, 19:58

The 70°C of the heating system should not be a problem for the plastic material but the "green stuff" could cause that the plastic material will get brittle an break very easy. Where did it come from? There is nothing obvious green inside the device, the grease is amber. If it runs from the inside to the flange the way should be visible and the plastic on the way should also be affected. Are the batteries OK or have they leaked?

Triple_NL

Beitrag von Triple_NL » 04.01.2021, 21:16

Thanks for your reply Don,

The batteries are fine. That was the first thing I’ve checked. The batteries came with the unit straight out of the box with the unit 3 months ago. On bot united affected.

The green stuff is some type of grease and it runs from the flange to the plastic, just like the amber type you mentioned. The presence or absence of grease is part of the discussion I have with eq3.
They state that there shouldn’t be any form of grease, lubricant or liquid present. The perhaps the valvue or adapter is the issue. The “green stuff should come from that “

I clearly remembered that there was a form of grease present when I installed the thermostats straight out of the box (not sure if that was amber or green coloured to be honest). And the valve an or Adaptor are clean as a whistle even after this.

Perhaps they used a wrong type of grease. I know that ptfe grease (Teflon) dissolves plastics. Or the grease used reacts with the metal of the valve.

omicronCZ
System: CCU
Danksagung erhalten: 12 Mal

Beitrag von omicronCZ » 25.02.2021, 21:24

There will definitely be some big problem, because eTRV-C is not available anywhere, and only sometime in March / April is the new version of eTRV-C2 to be stocked :shock:

Antworten

Zurück zu „HomeMatic - english“