Moderator: Co-Administratoren

Antworten
krawiec
System: CCU
Danksagung erhalten: 1 Mal

HmIP-FALMOT-C12 strange behaviour

Beitrag von krawiec » 04.01.2021, 21:28

Hello,

I'm using HmIP-FALMOT-C12 to control my floor heating with HmIP-WTH-2 wall thermostats and found some strange behaviour of the valves.
If the room temperature is around +/- 0,1 degree from the set point temperature it is opening the valve (and starting the boiler) from few seconds to max two minutes and then closing the valve (and turning the boiler off) and after we minutes opening it again and cycling.
I have the option "Automatic changeover from continuous to PWM (with small valve positions)" turned on because if it is turned off the FALMOT is trying to open the valves even around 1% which have no effect as my valves are not starting the flow with such small openings (some valves need 8% other on the same distributor even 15% to start the flow - the auto adjust is not working well).
Is there any way to avoid such behaviour as this is only wasting the energy.
If the system decides to open the valve it should keep it open until the temperature will be enough to close it.

Greg

Gerti
Danksagung erhalten: 260 Mal

Re: HmIP-FALMOT-C12 strange behaviour

Beitrag von Gerti » 04.01.2021, 22:10

Hi,

No, because this is what PWM does and this is correct and Best way to control floor heating, if opening the valves just a little does not work for you. Just keep it open until the temperature is reached, is overheating the room.

Gruß
Gerti

krawiec
Danksagung erhalten: 1 Mal

Beitrag von krawiec » 04.01.2021, 23:06

Hi,

It is a "best way" but for systems where you always have a hot water. When using individual boilers the energy needed to start it up, heat the systems is lost if FALMOT is starting it for 30 seconds... I have such intervals... completely useless. It cycling until the temperature drops more than 0,3 degree and then it is opening for continuous mode and heating the room. I didn't observe overheating. Now with the external temperature around 2 - 3 degrees it is heating during night and temperature is around 0,3 - 0,2 degrees above the set point during the day (if it is cloudy)
The continuous mode will be better but valve calibration is not working. Some valves are still closed even with the 12 or 15% of opening, some starting the flow at 8%. The radiator E-TRV-2 valves works better but still 1% of opening is to small for the individual boiler. I'm starting the boiler if the total sum of valve opening is above 15% and it is working correctly. Tried to do the same for floor heating but can't as can't control the minimal valve open for each valve. If I run the pump with all valve closed it will fail quickly.

Greg

tomi_cc16
Danksagung erhalten: 56 Mal

Beitrag von tomi_cc16 » 05.01.2021, 13:05

Just an idea for the etrv2 - put 2x 1 cent pieces between the valve and the radiator. Battery out and in again - this will force the adaption of the position. Than put the 2x 1cent pieces out, but this time the battery the whole time in.

Than hopefully even at 0% it should still be open a bit because of the remembered position is smaller than the max closing.

Antworten

Zurück zu „HomeMatic - english“