Support for our english speaking visitors

Moderator: Co-Administratoren

Antworten
gregf
System: in Planung

help configuring a system

Beitrag von gregf » 20.09.2021, 23:39

Hello,

I am just getting into smart home. I wish to start with the heating, the house is large on two floors with a single boiler but two circulating pumps, one for each floor (each floor could be an independent apartment). I was thinking of utilizing the HomematicIP, with TRVs in all the bedrooms and two thermostats in the main living areas, one on each floor. I am assuming that I need the HmIP-WHS2 to control the circulating pumps. My question is do I need two access points and two HmIP-WHS2 (one for each pump) or will one access point suffice? Also can the two channels of the HmIP-WHS2 be separately controlled?

Thanks

GregF

wutr

Re: help configuring a system

Beitrag von wutr » 01.10.2021, 14:00

My gut feeling tells me you *should* be able to achieve what you describe. I use it in combination with a combi-boiler which has a single integrated pump. When any of the TRVs reach a certain minimum opening percentage (selectable from 1-10% in the WHS2 configuration in the App) and they are in a room that is allowed to ask for the boiler to be switched on (configured via the App), Channel 1 of the WHS2 switches on which turns on the heat demand for my boiler. The boiler then does the rest.

I have checked and it seems you can setup Channel 2 of the WHS2 to do exactly the same, independently. As your system is already up and running with conventional thermostats (I assume), I would think there is some logic there already. You would use each channel of the WHS2 to mimic one of the thermostats switching its heat demand, and the existing logic will take care of the pumps and boiler.

Let me know with a reply if any of this applies to your system and we can go from there!

Long errata:
I can't imagine why it wouldn't work as I describe above. If there is no logic there currently to separate the pumps from the heat demand, you won't be able to switch the pumps independently without creating some of that logic first.

Antworten

Zurück zu „HomeMatic - english“