Support for our english speaking visitors

Moderator: Co-Administratoren

Antworten
Ganfoud
System: in Planung

Compatibility with eq-3 max!

Beitrag von Ganfoud » 02.10.2021, 16:42

Hi
I own a eq-3 Max! Cube and some eq-3 radiator and wall thermostats and I see there is an exchange campaign to replace these items with the newest version which is called Homematic IP. I have one questions:
is the new Homematic Access Point compatible with the eq-3 radiator and wall thermostat or is it necessary to replace everything? Even with the discount with exchange programme I would need to invest around 250€ to replace all the devices, so if it is not necessary, then I would keep my thermostats and valves!
Thank you for your help.
Zuletzt geändert von Roland M. am 02.10.2021, 18:37, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Grund: Doppelpost gelöscht

cmjay
System: CCU
Danksagung erhalten: 348 Mal

Re: Compatibility with eq-3 max!

Beitrag von cmjay » 02.10.2021, 21:05

The Homematic Access Point is not compatible with the eq3 MAX! system. If you switch to HmIP AP you need to replace all your MAX! components with HmIP components.
Note also that the HmIP Access Point is not compatible with any of the Homematic "Classic" components (characterised by HM-xxx-xxx in the product identifier). The original HM "classic" product line has essentially been replaced by the new Homematic IP (HmIP) product line which uses a different communications protocol. Thus, watch out when buying Homematic devices to get only HmIP if you are using an Access Point.
For completeness I should mention that there is an alternative control unit to the HmIP Access Point, a so called CCU (central control unit) which can handle both HM "classic" and HmIP, but is a bit less user friendly and needs more technical understanding and programming effort.
Es kann leider nicht ganz ausgeschlossen werden, dass ich mich irre.
HmIP muss leider draussen bleiben. in Ausnahmefällen erlaubt
ACHTUNG! Per Portweiterleitung aus dem Internet erreichbare CCU-WebUI ist unsicher! AUCH MIT PASSWORTSCHUTZ! Daher: Portweiterleitung deaktivieren!

Ganfoud

Beitrag von Ganfoud » 02.10.2021, 22:34

thanks for this detailed answer!
actually in the frame of the exchange campaign, the AP is provided free of charge against the max! cube, so I think I'll get the AP in any case, but I might go for a homemade CCU as I've seen it is possible with a RPi
so I just have to check if the exchange campaign is possible in France and decide if I want to spend ~250€ in a new system :D

cmjay
System: CCU
Danksagung erhalten: 348 Mal

Beitrag von cmjay » 02.10.2021, 22:57

Ganfoud hat geschrieben:
02.10.2021, 22:34
I just have to check if the exchange campaign is possible in France
Unfortunately this campaign seems to be restricted to German and Swiss residents only.

Code: Alles auswählen

1. Teilnahmeberechtigung
(a) Teilnahmeberechtigt sind alle natürlichen Personen ab Vollendung des 18. Lebensjahres, die Ihren Wohnsitz in Deutschland haben.

Code: Alles auswählen

1. Teilnahmeberechtigung
(a) Teilnahmeberechtigt sind alle natürlichen Personen ab Vollendung des 18. Lebensjahres, die Ihren Wohnsitz in der Schweiz haben.
At least there is no indication on the ELV webpage of an exchange campaign for other countries than the two. There is no such advertisement on the French page.

So you would need a good friend with a German or Swiss shipping address ... :wink:
Es kann leider nicht ganz ausgeschlossen werden, dass ich mich irre.
HmIP muss leider draussen bleiben. in Ausnahmefällen erlaubt
ACHTUNG! Per Portweiterleitung aus dem Internet erreichbare CCU-WebUI ist unsicher! AUCH MIT PASSWORTSCHUTZ! Daher: Portweiterleitung deaktivieren!

Ganfoud

Beitrag von Ganfoud » 03.10.2021, 10:59

oh ok that's what I feared...
I had a good friend living in Munich but he came back a few months ago :(
anyway I will wait for the answer of their customer service, because in any case I have an issue with my cube lately which I cannot reach anymore most of the times and when I can, it doesn't allow to pair again the radiator valves, and it is only 1.5 year old! so I guess warranty would apply

anyway I'll keep you posted if there is anything new

Ganfoud

Beitrag von Ganfoud » 06.10.2021, 14:52

customer service confirmed (in German even though I wrote in english :D) they had to deliver to a german (or swiss) address
I'm considering using a company providing mailbox/shipping services from Germany, for a cost of around 20€...

Antworten

Zurück zu „HomeMatic - english“