Support for our english speaking visitors

Moderator: Co-Administratoren

Antworten
monsunsi
System: Access Point

Which to use to activate combi boiler / gas furnace

Beitrag von monsunsi » 03.10.2021, 17:49

Hi everyone,

I have a very quick question about which equipment to use when making my heating smart.

CURRENT SETUP: I have a Radiant Gas Furnace (from 2002, so quite old) that controls both my hot water supply and my heating. My apartment has radiators with thermostatic valves all round. The Heating is currently controlled by a very old thermostat, with an output of 24V. When it triggers, the hot water starts circulating in the pipes.

WHAT I WANT TO DO: I would love to have Homematic radiator valves on every radiator, so what do I need to trigger the heat demand? The Switch Actuator for heating systems – 2 channels has an output of 240v, which will fry my gas furnace, should I wire it to the existing thermostat wires (I would of course remove the old thermostat).

IDEAS:
- I would use the 24v Homematic thermostat and wire it to the existing thermostat and use it to trigger the heat demand (link it in the Access Point somehow?). Is this even possible?
- Use the Switch Actuator for heating systems – 2 channels and have a 240v to 24v transformer
- Use the Switch Actuator and Meter
- Anything else?

A very crude sketch to my apartment (please note that I have around 10 valves alltogether in real life):
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (10.88 KiB) 1231 mal betrachtet
All help is greatly appreciated!

monsunsi

Re: Which to use to activate combi boiler / gas furnace

Beitrag von monsunsi » 05.10.2021, 19:57

Let's make this simple.

Can I use Homematic IP Switch Actuator and Meter (16 A) - HmIP-FSM16 - as a trigger for heat demand?

In essence, the radiator valves would turn on the switch then turn it off again when not needed.

Thanks!

monsunsi

Beitrag von monsunsi » 05.10.2021, 20:00

The other idea is to use the 24V wall thermostat - HmIP-BWTH24, who would trigger my heating demand.

Again, thanks for your help

omicronCZ
System: CCU
Danksagung erhalten: 12 Mal

Beitrag von omicronCZ » 24.11.2021, 14:59

Here's how I'd see it.

- a servo drive (radiator thermostat) on each radiator

- a room thermostat in each room

- each room thermostat in a heating group with corresponding radiator thermostats - servo drives, each of these groups has its own rules for heating the respective room

- a program runs in the CCU (or a rule in the Access Point) that controls the opening rate of the radiator actuators, once any one exceeds a certain opening rate (e.g. 7%), the HM relay program (anything from the HM or HmIP program) will activate

- select this relay-switch from those with a potential-free contact, which switches the external control of the gas boiler (On/Off operation), even such an old boiler certainly has it, if not, it is done via the switch contact of the existing old thermostat

Antworten

Zurück zu „HomeMatic - english“