HmIP-eTRV-B-2 and minimum valve opening

Support for our english speaking visitors

Moderator: Co-Administratoren

Antworten
RudyM
System: CCU

HmIP-eTRV-B-2 and minimum valve opening

Beitrag von RudyM » 25.10.2023, 12:31

HmIP-eTRV-B-2 valves are in general not opening wide enough. The HmIP-eTRV-B-2 seems to carefully open the valve to find a steady state of heating to compensate the energy loss.

I am studying my graphics of target temperature, actual temperature, valve opening and boiler switch. I am noticing that in case of low valve openings and the boiler switched "on" the actual temperature isn't increasing for some radiators. The radiator isn't feeling warm. This means that the valve isn't actually opening from 0%. Notice, my valves are not of the same brand and are bought and installed over a long period of time, so the mechanical valves are not the same.

As a result I am now playing with the "Ventil-Offset" to match the mechanical 0% valve opening with the 0% valve opening reported by the HmIP-eTRV-B-2 . For some valves a "Ventil-Offset" of more then 10% is needed. I am now trying to find the right "Ventil-Offset" by studying the graphics. This is a troublesome kind of "trial and error" method. Especially during the morning heating up you can see that some radiators need a widee valve opening to result in an increasing actual temperature.

Now my questions:
1. What is the reasonable range of "Ventil-Offset"'s to be expected?
2. Has anybody a clever method to find the right "Ventil-Offset"'s
3. Is the firmware of the HmIP-eTRV-B-2 learning to compensate for this problem

RudyM
System: CCU

Re: HmIP-eTRV-B-2 and minimum valve opening

Beitrag von RudyM » 27.10.2023, 19:55

Forget my previous post. The "Valve-Offset" isn't doing anything.

Its easy to prove. Set the demanded temperature "low". Now the valve should be at 0%. Thereafter you van set the "Valve-Offset" at 100%. Switch on the boiler. Now the radiator should become warm because the valve is totally open by the "Valve-Offset". The radiator stays cold and a normal valve position results in a warm radiator.

I am using the CCU3 with RaspberryMatic.

I am still wondering about the type of the "Valve-Offset" which is "float". The type of the valve position is "integer". There seems to be a type conflict. And who wants to set the "Valve-Offset" with an accuracy of 0.1%

Antworten

Zurück zu „HomeMatic - english“