Support for our english speaking visitors

Moderator: Co-Administratoren

Antworten
Vincentj94
System: in Planung

WHS2 not working correctly

Beitrag von Vincentj94 » 02.11.2023, 10:44

Dear all,

I have two buildings where I installed 2 homematic IP systems to control the heating, and I have the same issue in both buildings. Hope you gentlemen can help me with this issue.

Both buildings have the exact same setup: 1 vaillant ecotec gasheater with radiators in every room. HmIP systems are driven by an HmIP acces point. All rooms have a wall thermostat (HmIP-WTH-1) and all radiators in the rooms are foreseen of a radiator thermostat (HmIP-eTRV-C-2). In the app these are of course set up as different rooms and until here the system works perfectly (increase requested temperature in one room on the wall thermostat, correct radiator valves in that room open).

The problem starts with the implementation of the HmIP-WHS-2. After installation it works perfectly, and the relay of the WHS2 got activated when in one room a higher temperature is requested, which then activates the gas heater. The correct room warms up.

The issue starts only after a few days (sometimes hours). The WHS2 suddenly doesn't get activated anymore when a room requests heating. The correct radiator valves open, but the relay of the WHS2 doesn't get activated. Switching on/off the power of the WHS2 doesn't solve the issue, nor is there any light signalling that there is a connection issue. The WHS2 can at that moment still be accessed from the app and settings can be changed, just the relay doesn't get activated when heating is requested. Only thing that solves the issue is re-assigning the WHS2 to a different room (in the app, physically nothing changes), and then the system works again perfectly for a few days (or hours).

I have this issue in both buildings and cannot figure out how this comes and how to solve this. Do you have any ideas please?

Thanks,
Vincent

GerardF
System: Access Point

Re: WHS2 not working correctly

Beitrag von GerardF » 05.11.2023, 18:09

It is interesting that you share this.

Since a few days I have the virtually same problem.
After 3 1/2 years of working without any problem, of which 1 1/2 years in our new house I suddenly have similar problems since 2 days or so.

In my case the WHS does not switch on at heat demand.. or does not switch off.. once it switched on without any room demanding heat.

Restarting the WHS2 sometimes solves the problem, for a few hours. Same with disconnecting rooms to a single one and switching room.
I even bought a new WHS2 as replacement.. arrived today… same problem.

I dropped a support messages to HomeMatic, as I somehow have the feeing this might be the result of a software update.
I have automatic updates, so no clue if there was a recent one. More on HomeMatic support below.

Thus I would be interested if others see the same issue since a few days and for someone from HoeMatic to comment on this.

Anyway, on support I keep getting a standard mail about a professional that must install heating.
Well, all was installed together with a heating professional here, and worked fine.. So I mentioned that..

Still HomeMatic refuses to give ANY response or support. They only point to a page with installers.. of which there are zero in my country. And next to that, system was working fine here and if they only want to give support to professional installers they should not sell via Amazon and dealers that are not heating installers.

This lack of any way to get support is very disappointing, having well over € 1.000 in HomeMatic gear here just for heating. ANd I do rely on support if a problem arises to keep the system working, specially with winter coming.

Antworten

Zurück zu „HomeMatic - english“