CCU3 and Zigbee Stick

Support for our english speaking visitors

Moderator: Co-Administratoren

Antworten
zorrocaesar
System: CCU

CCU3 and Zigbee Stick

Beitrag von zorrocaesar » 20.11.2023, 21:41

I am trying to add Zigbee devices to my CCU3 which currently only has Homematic IP devices registered.

I bought a Zigbee stick (https://sonoff.tech/product/gateway-and ... le-plus-e/), plugged in my CCU3 and trying to make it work with Redmatic and Node-RED. For that, I am using node-red-contrib-zigbee and I'm adding a controller node to my flow. However, whenever I start the flow, the node cannot connect and displays this error: "Error while opening serialport 'Error: Error Resource temporarily unavailable Cannot lock port'".

Now, I searched to every corner of the Internet and couldn't find an answer that would unblock me. I saw that node-red-contrib-zigbee is no, longer maintained, it might have some incompatibility issues with a certain version of Redmatic or many other possible reasons. But nothing helped.

So as a last resort, I'm hoping I can get some help here. Is there any way I can make Zigbee work on CCU3 without using any hardware in addition to what I already have?

CCU3 firmware version 3.71.12
Redmatic version 7.2.1

Silverstar
System: Alternative CCU (auf Basis OCCU)
Danksagung erhalten: 68 Mal

Re: CCU3 and Zigbee Stick

Beitrag von Silverstar » 22.11.2023, 14:59

Maybe this is your issue: https://github.com/hobbyquaker/node-red ... issues/160 but I would suggest to follow the suggestion in the project and use zigbee2mqtt instead. Then either use nodereds mqtt capabilities or use ccu-jack to connect mqtt to the ccu.

zorrocaesar

Beitrag von zorrocaesar » 23.11.2023, 22:36

Thanks for the reply. I'm trying to install zigbee2mqtt but I'm also stuck there. Apparently it's not compatible with the node version on the CCU3.

Code: Alles auswählen

[node-red-contrib-zigbee2mqtt] Node module cannot be loaded on this version. Requires: >=1.3.0 
How can I make this work? I expected it to me more straightforward.

Silverstar

Beitrag von Silverstar » 24.11.2023, 08:37

Yeah well then it's one of the modules which need a newer nodered. I've seen a way to update redmatic but on raspberrymatic: viewtopic.php?f=77&t=80581
If you may want to switch, that would be a possible solution.

In the mentioned github issue is a solution by editing a file maybe that would be an alternative instead when you don't want to switch to RM and couldn't update redmatic on CCU firmware.

zorrocaesar

Beitrag von zorrocaesar » 24.11.2023, 14:03

Ok, I was able to properly install raspberrymatic, mosquitto and zigbee2mqtt. But ran into the next problem. No matter what I do, the bridge doesn't want to connect. It shows "offline". I can see in the logs that the connection to the mqtt server is successful so I think I traced the problem the hardware adaptor that I have: Sonoff Zigbee 3.0 USB Dongle Plus V2 model "ZBDongle-E". That is in the list of experimental support of zigbee2mqtt (https://www.zigbee2mqtt.io/guide/adapte ... ecommended) and requires additional configuration to make it work. This is documented, but I don't know where I can make this configuration changes.

Is there any configuration file for zigbee2mqtt running on red-node and ccu3?

Silverstar

Beitrag von Silverstar » 27.11.2023, 23:21

As I'm not running zigbee I don't have experience with that.

I suggest you search within the /usr/local/addons/redmatic/ (?) directories for the one where zigbee2mqtt is installed within, there should be the configuration.yaml somewhere.
If you enable SSH access, you may walk around directories on the command line, use find or connect with tools like winscp.

You might need to flash your dongle on a desktop/laptop before (if not done yet), the RM may not have the necessary tools onboard.

zorrocaesar

Beitrag von zorrocaesar » 01.12.2023, 12:15

I bought another stick. A CC2531 which is older but more compatible. I got it to work in node-red and connected it with an Ikea dimmer and a bulb. Other than the fact that I have't figured out yet how to interact with the bulb everything works. However I'm using node-red-contrib-zigbee nodes which is deprecated and no longer maintained. The zigbee2mqtt server node is still appearing offline and I don't really know what do to.

Antworten

Zurück zu „HomeMatic - english“