Support for our english speaking visitors

Moderator: Co-Administratoren

Antworten
maxromanovsky
System: CCU

CCU3 + HmIP-eTRV-B thermostats

Beitrag von maxromanovsky » 23.01.2024, 20:24

Hi there.
Here in Poland it's popular to purchase items from resellers that sell product returns from Amazon at reduced prices (similar to Amazon Warehouse).
That's how I got my CCU3 and two of HmIP-eTRV-2 I9F thermostats.
Neither of them had stickers with QR code and Key/SGTIN.
Both of them connected without any issues.

But then I purchased used starter sets (one, then another) like this: https://www.amazon.de/-/en/Homematic-Sm ... 08962B8TZ/

Starter set consists of 2x HmIP-eTRV-B thermostats (old generation) and HmIP-WLAN-HAP (WiFi-based little one).
In the first set only one out of 2 HmIP-eTRV-B thermostats connected to CCU3.
The other one could connect to HmIP-WLAN-HAP, but not to CCU3.
  • It didn't show up on list of devices (Inbox) via Teach-In HmIP device - Inbox was empty
  • It didn't have the sticker with Key, so I couldn't do Teach-In HmIP device (local)
  • It successfully connected to HmIP-WLAN-HAP after I did reset of HAP and thermostat
  • It still didn't connect after another reset of HAP and thermostat
  • It's firmware was 1.0, and there is no update AFAIK (not found on this forum, no updates showed up on Homematic IP app).
  • Thermostat connected to CCU3 show firmware version 1.0.20
  • I also updated CCU3 to RaspberryMatic 3.73.9.20231130
  • CCU3 firmware version is 4.4.22
So one out of two connected, another didn't.

Then I decided to boy another starter set, hoping that it was a faulty thermostat.
Second set arrived with the stickers (with keys).
However, both thermostats didn't connect to CCU3, but connected to wireless HAP.
This time I tried all the same steps, but also Teach-In HmIP device (local).
Nothing helped, no devices in the Inbox.
I downloaded CCU3 logs, but also didn't find anything.

I exhausted troubleshooting steps that I was aware of, and the way that Homematic works in local & cloud modes are still not understood, I can't find detailed info on that.
2x HmIP-eTRV-2 I9F and 1x HmIP-eTRV-B are connected to CCU3, 3x HmIP-eTRV-B can't connect to it.

Any idea why I have these issues?
I couldn't find, but maybe some devices (for instance, those sold in starter sets; or those that were previously "activated" in Homematic IP cloud) are prohibited to be connected to CCU, and only work with cloud-based Homematic IP?

Silverstar
System: Alternative CCU (auf Basis OCCU)
Danksagung erhalten: 68 Mal

Re: CCU3 + HmIP-eTRV-B thermostats

Beitrag von Silverstar » 26.01.2024, 15:29

Well, as nobody steps in, I will try. I have zero experience with HAPs, but as far as I recall from reading other threads here, if a HmIP devices has been paired to a hap, even after removal and reset from the HAP, the device prefers to go back to the HAP as it's master.

I would suggest to remove it from the HAP, shut down the HAP!, thereafter perform a local factory reset at the device as in the manual, and then try pairing to the CCU.

Still there is a chance of a faulty device as it's a return. I hope for that's not the case.

maxromanovsky
System: CCU

Re: CCU3 + HmIP-eTRV-B thermostats

Beitrag von maxromanovsky » 27.01.2024, 10:19

Silverstar hat geschrieben:
26.01.2024, 15:29
Well, as nobody steps in, I will try. I have zero experience with HAPs, but as far as I recall from reading other threads here, if a HmIP devices has been paired to a hap, even after removal and reset from the HAP, the device prefers to go back to the HAP as it's master.

I would suggest to remove it from the HAP, shut down the HAP!, thereafter perform a local factory reset at the device as in the manual, and then try pairing to the CCU.

Still there is a chance of a faulty device as it's a return. I hope for that's not the case.
Thank you for your suggestion!
I did exactly that already, but it didn't help.
  • Configured HAP
  • Added valve to HAP
  • Removed valve from HAP (via app), which looked like local factory reset
  • Still performed reset on valve (inserted battery with button pressed, then depressed after LED became green)
  • Shat down HAP
  • No luck :)
Anyway, I decided to return these devices, and bought new ones on amazon.de as they had promo price yesterday :)

Antworten

Zurück zu „HomeMatic - english“