Setting virtual buttons - possible or not ?

Support for our english speaking visitors

Moderator: Co-Administratoren

Neven

Setting virtual buttons - possible or not ?

Beitrag von Neven » 18.02.2018, 20:56

Greetings all ,

after some time I come to you again seeking some advice :)

I bought couple of the following actuators:
https://www.elv.at/elv-homematic-schalt ... LiEALw_wcB

And connected them to control switching on/off couple of my computers at home.
The thing is, as the actuators after switching on , stay in the ON state until switched off manually again, I setup a short program that switches off the selected actuator 2 second after it state has been detected to ON (otherwise the computer would start and switch off again - like pressing its power button and keeping it pressed permanently).

So the thing is, I would like to control the computer in two ways.
1) Simple switching on / off - for this operation the actuator needs to be switched on and then off after 2 seconds
2) Force shut down - in case the computer is not responding, force shut down can be initiated by holding it's power button for longer than 5 seconds - meaning selected actuator needs to be switched on and then off after cca 5 seconds.

Since by controlling the actuator via program , I can only set it up either on 1) or 2).
Therefore I was thinking if there was a way to setup 2 virtual buttons for each operation and then by program set one to execute off state after 2 seconds and 5 seconds for the other button.
Am I looking at this correctly or is there another way ?

Ideally those buttons would appear in devices or rooms list that I could control also via TinyDroid (ex HomeDroid) app for android.

I saw some similar questions in german while googling the answer but as far as I understood it, people didn't find a solution. What I do know is that they were mentioning an approach via System Variables , but thats out of my knowledge about how to use that.

Any help is appreciated , also feel free to respond in german, as I only have problems in writting german , reading is ok ;)

Best Regards !
Neven

Neven

Re: Setting virtual buttons - possible or not ?

Beitrag von Neven » 20.02.2018, 19:32

Bump , anyone ?

NI0X

Beitrag von NI0X » 21.02.2018, 09:53

Hi there :)

As far as I understand what you want I don't see any problems.
Just set up a program where you check for a short button press and an action where the actuator is activated for 2 seconds (a second would be enough I think)
Then just check for else if the button was pressed long with the action that the actuator is activated for 6 seconds (5 would be a little short for that purpose)
That should do the trick.

tomi_cc16
Danksagung erhalten: 56 Mal

Beitrag von tomi_cc16 » 21.02.2018, 10:40

Did not answer because I have no experience with HM-LC-Sw1-Ba-PCB :lol:

Familienvater
System: Alternative CCU (auf Basis OCCU)
Danksagung erhalten: 34 Mal

Beitrag von Familienvater » 21.02.2018, 13:44

Hi,

as far as I understood, there is no need for a programm, just use a virtual remote button (don't know, how it is called in the english UI), and create a direct link for the button to the channel of the actor, and configure the short-press to a OnTime ("Einschaltdauer") of 2 secs, and the long keypress to an OnTime of 5 secs.
Each virtual remote button can be assigned to functions and rooms, and could be "pressed" short or long e.g. on the WebUI or also via remote app, if needed, the button could also be triggered as action from a programm.
Advantage of the direct link: It is only one packet radioed to the actor (with wakeup-burst), and the OnTime is waited inside the actor itself, no second radio to switch off the actor is needed.

Der Familienvater

Neven

Beitrag von Neven » 22.02.2018, 23:09

Thanks guys , I guess I forgot to mention that I don't know how to setup any virtual buttons or devices :P

@NIOX
"Just set up a program where you check for a short button press..." - Im afraid I don't understand. Usually when I setup a program I first put in "condition" field the device selection. Were you refering to setup a program on a virtual button short press ? In that case , like I said, I'm not familiar with setting up those :)

@Familienvater
I really like the advantage of direct connection like you described. In any case, I'd still appreciate if you could tell me how to setup a virtual remote button (you can also write it in german UI name or at least tell me in which menu do I find it).

p.s. does it have something to do with virtual channels maybe ? Is is the same as I'm imagining that virtual buttons to be ? I've found in the list for direct connections about 50 of those virtual channels that belong to the CCU (each has a little picture of the CCU with a yellow number on it).

Thx again. Best Regards !

tomi_cc16
Danksagung erhalten: 56 Mal

Beitrag von tomi_cc16 » 23.02.2018, 14:53

Neven hat geschrieben:Thanks guys , I guess I forgot to mention that I don't know how to setup any virtual buttons or devices :P
Check the Addons Overview for classic homematic from this page:
viewtopic.php?f=49&t=41325

What you need is the Cuxd Addon - install the latest version from here(for your device CCU2 or ..):
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=15298
Here is a very old video how to install the CuXd Addon:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrTuuZCvM8I
or here some CuxD step by step pages:
https://homematic.simdorn.net/cuxd-installation/
http://www.christian-luetgens.de/homema ... lation.htm

After you install CuXd Addon, create a virtual device (e.g. button) similar like in this video from min 02:00, than you can use it for your programs.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sf5iTmc6eug

Familienvater

Beitrag von Familienvater » 23.02.2018, 15:30

Hi,

no, not any cuxd-Buttons, just use the 50 virtual remote-control-buttons for usage in direct links:
pic1.PNG
pic1.PNG (11.97 KiB) 3502 mal betrachtet
Pic2.PNG
Pic2.PNG (3.83 KiB) 3502 mal betrachtet
Pic3.PNG
Pic3.PNG (7.34 KiB) 3502 mal betrachtet
Then you can select the virtual buttons and configure direct links between your actor and the virtual button
Pic4.PNG
Pic4.PNG (23.32 KiB) 3502 mal betrachtet
Der Familienvater

Neven

Beitrag von Neven » 26.02.2018, 22:55

@ Familienvater - I got until the page where I edit the direct connection between a selected virtual channel and selected actuator. Under Profile settings - receiver (my actuator) there isn't any option to define action for long or short button press. For example I tried using the profile called "Switch - on" and set the switch on time on 2 seconds.

Then in devices list when I select channel 2 on my CCU , the device switches on for 2 seconds and then off , no matter if I use short or long button press.

I'm obviously missing something , where do I define ON duration for short and long button press ?

Thanks again and best Regards !
Neven
homematic.jpg

Familienvater

Beitrag von Familienvater » 26.02.2018, 23:44

Hi,

you need to make yourself an "Expert" in the User-Control, there should be an Option "Easy Mode for Links" or so, which must not be selected!
2018-02-26_23h36_32.png
If the "expert mode" is activated you should have the "expert option"
2018-02-26_23h42_25.png
2018-02-26_23h42_25.png (8.34 KiB) 3442 mal betrachtet
And after changing the Link-Configuration to "Expert" you are able to modify all the Options for Short- and Long-Keypress different.

Der Familienvater

Antworten

Zurück zu „HomeMatic - english“