activate switch when heating

Support for our english speaking visitors

Moderator: Co-Administratoren

Antworten
Remko

activate switch when heating

Beitrag von Remko » 11.09.2018, 21:46

Hi All,

I'm a happy user of homematic for heating my living room (switching boiler with % opening of valves), this works perfectly!

Now I'm facing the next challenge:
In my kitchen I have new floor heating. The idea is that the valve in the floor heating will be opened by a switch actuator. I want to switch the actuator when the temperature on a (separate) wall thermostat is below setpoint.
Can anybody tell me how to configur this?

Kind regards,
Remko

tomi_cc16
Danksagung erhalten: 56 Mal

Re: activate switch when heating

Beitrag von tomi_cc16 » 11.09.2018, 23:47

Hi Remko,

1. Please write always which devices you are using plan to use.
From your older posts I know you have a CCU2 - but which Homematic/Homematic IP devices do you want to use?

2. I know you can read german ;-)
So if you search for "Fussbodenheizung" = floor heating, you should already find many Threads e.g.
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=44970
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=44757&p=450260&hil ... U2#p450260
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=38307&p=432532&hil ... U2#p432532
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=24890&hilit=Fu%C3% ... g+mit+CCU2
viewtopic.php?t=38538
viewtopic.php?t=36195
viewtopic.php?f=60&t=45034&hilit=Fussbo ... ng#p450954

Also check:
https://technikkram.net/2018/01/homemat ... art-machen

Xel66
System: Alternative CCU (auf Basis OCCU)
Danksagung erhalten: 1492 Mal

Beitrag von Xel66 » 11.09.2018, 23:57

If you're using a radio controlled wall thermostate, you can connect its channel 7 to a switching actuator. Ist's also possible to control a thermostate valve and a actuator at the same time with just one wall thermostate. This only make sense in the same room.

Gruß Xel66
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
524 Kanäle in 146 Geräten und 267 CUxD-Kanäle in 34 CUxD-Geräten:
343 Programme, 334 Systemvariablen und 183 Direktverknüpfungen,
RaspberryMatic Version: 3.65.11.20221005 + Testsystem: CCU2 2.61.7
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Einsteigerthread, Programmlogik-Thread, WebUI-Handbuch

Remko

Beitrag von Remko » 12.09.2018, 15:56

1. Please write always which devices you are using plan to use.
From your older posts I know you have a CCU2 - but which Homematic/Homematic IP devices do you want to use?
You're right, hereby the components I would like to use:
I use wall themostat HmIP-WTH-2 in combination with HM-LC-SW2_FM. Both connected to CCU2.
2. I know you can read german ;-)
Just a little bit and with a lot of effort :wink: I think none of the links describes my preferably simple system....

I only have floor heating in my (separate) kitchen. The floor heating manifold has an electric valve mounted which opens if it has 230v and closes if it has no voltage. Besides this valve, the manifold has a kind of valve which makes sure the water temperature in the floor is on a max of x degrees, independant of the incoming temperature. This is completely mechanical, so no control needed here.

The 230v valve is easy to control by the HM-LC-SW2_FM, that's not the issue. When the valve is opened, also the central heating will start heating, that's also not an issue.
The issue is that I have to tell to the HM-LC-SW2_FM when to switch. The idea was to use setpoint and current temperature of the HmIP-WTH-2 to control the valve. Simple open when setpoint is not met and close when the setpoint is (almost) met.
If you're using a radio controlled wall thermostate, you can connect its channel 7 to a switching actuator. Ist's also possible to control a thermostate valve and a actuator at the same time with just one wall thermostate. This only make sense in the same room.
Does this work with the devices I have?

Thanks in advance for the answers!

Remko

Beitrag von Remko » 13.09.2018, 21:25

I wasn't able to connect switch to the wall thermostat as Xel66 suggested. Probably not possible with the switch I have...

I now installed a TVR on the entrance of the floorheating manifold instead of the existing 230v valve. I assume that must also work. Now I can use the same settings as the radiators in the living room, which are connected to their own wall thermostat. Now I have programmed all TVR's to switch the boiler on demand (7% opening of any of the valves)

I used 2 separate wall thermostats to be able to compensate the slow heating up of the floorheating in the kitchen and the fast radiators in the living room. The idea is to switch the floor heating on earlier in the morning and switch it off earlier in the evening. I will have to see how it will work in practice as soon as it gets colder. Anybody experience with this kind of system, so especially floor heating controlled by a TVR?

Regards,
Remko

tomi_cc16
Danksagung erhalten: 56 Mal

Beitrag von tomi_cc16 » 14.09.2018, 00:50

Hi Remko,

I think what you tried and failed is to connect directly the wall themostat HmIP-WTH-2 with HM-LC-SW2_FM.
https://technikkram.net/2017/12/homemat ... e-zentrale
https://youtu.be/PtDtISyU9jk - create a direct connection (positive will also work when CCU is offline)

This will not work in your case because you can not mix protocols!

What is allowed is to create a direct connection HmIP with HmIP device or HM with HM device; but not HmIP with HM.
If you want to connect the HmIP device with a HM device you have to create a program not a connection, in this case the CCU will be always the translator from one protocol to the other. Than it should work.
https://youtu.be/Wsn1IaT2S9Y - how to create a program

See also my updated overview for the different protocols:
viewtopic.php?f=49&t=41325

Question: which TVR (Thermostatic Radio valves) did you use, HM or HmIP?

My Bathroom floor is heated in the winter with the TVR: HM-CC-RT-DN. Morning from 06:00-09:00 I have a time schedule to heat up to 23 degrees.

Antworten

Zurück zu „HomeMatic - english“