Activate boiler switch from 3 different wall thermostates

Support for our english speaking visitors

Moderator: Co-Administratoren

sborkuti

Activate boiler switch from 3 different wall thermostates

Beitrag von sborkuti » 14.10.2018, 15:26

I have a CCU2, in each room is one HM-TC-IT-WM-W-EU wall thermostate and HM-CC-RT-DN radiator thermostate, all directly linked.

I have one HM-LC-Sw1-PCB switch actuator which controls the central boiler.
The HM-LC-Sw1-PCB switch actuator is directly linked with all three wall thermostates on channel 7 (switch actuator).

The problem is every time the wall thermostates updates their status, the switch actuator is switching on or off according to the state of each (need for heat in the room or not). This results in random behavior of the switch actuator. For example, if only the bedroom needs heat and the others do not, when the bedroom wall thermostate update his status the actuator switching on, when the other rooms wall thermostates updates their status the actuator switching off. And this cycle is repeated until all are in the same state(on or off).

There is any way to keep the switch actuator in the same state (on) as long as any room needs heat (even if only one room needs heat) and switching off when no room needs heat, everything to be done with direct link.

With the CCU is easy to do but I want to be reliable and not depend on CCU or home network.

tomi_cc16
Danksagung erhalten: 56 Mal

Re: Activate boiler switch from 3 different wall thermostates

Beitrag von tomi_cc16 » 14.10.2018, 16:19

Hi,

I’m not sure if direct link will work for your final scenario. As you wrote I guess the best would be to have the rules in the CCU. The CCU works independently also if your Home Network is not working.

Also check the english WebUI manual for more info:
viewtopic.php?f=49&t=45485

sborkuti

Beitrag von sborkuti » 14.10.2018, 16:56

Ok, thanks.

I tried to set the off delay to 2 minutes on the switch actuator. When receiving the first off command is ok, but if receiving the second off command before the 2 min delay is switching off immediate. This is a normal behavior? I thought if the switch actuator is set for 2 min off delay, then when receiving the first off command, waits 2 min before switch off and in the meantime if he receives an off command again, starts from the beginning the two minutes delay and so on, if receives the on command in the 2 min delay period cancels the off command and stay on. Is this correct?

Sergo
Danksagung erhalten: 9 Mal

Beitrag von Sergo » 21.10.2018, 20:25

Will track progress on this topic, since I may have similar challenge on setting up my system(CCU3 and 3 zones with total of 7 heaters for start).

sborkuti

Beitrag von sborkuti » 23.10.2018, 13:22

It seems that the HM-LC-Sw1-PCB switch actuator when connected directly to the thermostat does not take account of the conficured delay for off, it only counts when it receives the command from the button or from the CCU.
Maybe it can be configured differently in expert mode, but I have not found the documentation anywhere, what makes every setting.
I'm currently using a program in the CCU to control the switch, which takes into account the positions of the valves.
A simple solution if we want to use it in a direct connection is to put a microcontroller assembly between the boiler and the switch. For example, if from the first off command for 3 minutes it does not receive any on command then switch to off position.

tomi_cc16

Beitrag von tomi_cc16 » 23.10.2018, 13:46

I don't have a HM-LC-Sw1-PCB to test it but I think the best is to program it, as you do now, as a rule/program in the CCU.

Not sure if it will help but in General CCU Script programs should be done like...

IF whatever
THAN Boiler immediately Switch on Time for 180sec
THAN Bolier immediately Switch Status "On"

So it will shut down automatically after 180sec

I also recommend you to use google translate for this page into english:
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=22801

More help on:

https://www.schellenberger.biz/homemati ... d-aktoren/
https://github.com/hobbyquaker/hq-webui ... umentation
https://www.christian-luetgens.de/homem ... ierung.htm
https://files.elv.com/bilder/journal/20 ... eil_2b.pdf
https://www.siio.de/homematic-datenbank ... ds-szenen/
viewtopic.php?f=49&t=45485

If something is unclear hope I can help

sborkuti

Beitrag von sborkuti » 23.10.2018, 14:47

Thanks, the links are great.
I liked the idea with the direct connection because if something happens with the CCU, the heating continues to work. In the area where we live, sometimes we need 5 months of heating, we have two young children, so it's important that heating is as reliable as possible.
I started with Homematic about three weeks ago. Now I`m starting get familiar with the system, it is a pity that 90 percent of the information is found only in German language. I'm an electronist and when I get a new toy I like to experience a lot, so there's a good chance something bad happens with the CCU software or hardware.

tomi_cc16

Beitrag von tomi_cc16 » 23.10.2018, 14:56

Yes, the German Community was quite active in the last 10years and created a lot. But its never to late to build up an English HM Community :wink: - if more English speaking people will use it they could speed up fast to the level. Lets see what the future will bring.

As an Idea you can try to PN “Sammy” he knows the expert modes quite well, maybe he has some know how to solve it with direct connection.

blueznl
Danksagung erhalten: 1 Mal

Beitrag von blueznl » 03.12.2018, 17:07

(Didn't I post this before? Memory fails...)

I wrote a number of small CCU programs to open and close main valve and start / stop pumps, depending on valve positions. That seems to be very similar to what you are trying to do, isn't it?

https://ninelizardsblog.blogspot.com/se ... l/domotics

As for the direct connection, I don't think it is possible to connect more than two devices in a 'direct connection', is it?

Antworten

Zurück zu „HomeMatic - english“