Newbie start with Homematic CCU3: Initiation

Support for our english speaking visitors

Moderator: Co-Administratoren

Sergo
Danksagung erhalten: 9 Mal

Re: Newbie start with Homematic CCU3: Initiation

Beitrag von Sergo » 06.11.2018, 18:33

That is workaround, I understand. We are talking about direct connect, right?
Zuletzt geändert von Sergo am 16.11.2018, 21:48, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.

sborkuti

Re: Initiate trials by young padawan of Homematic clan: Part 1

Beitrag von sborkuti » 06.11.2018, 19:04

The direct connect works with one thermostat, if you connect more thermostats, not working well, because the wall thermostats not updating their status at the same time.

Sergo

Beitrag von Sergo » 06.11.2018, 19:14

Thanks I will dig in to links provided and contact you in case of questions. Hope it’s ok?
If you got time to summarize your approach, that will greatly help. Because in my simple setup direct link does not work for some reason.
Zuletzt geändert von Sergo am 16.11.2018, 21:49, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.

Sergo

Beitrag von Sergo » 06.11.2018, 21:08

Got clarification via private message:
"HM-LC-Sw1-Ba-PCB did not work because it is a switch actuator with design for Battery Power. Only full RX actuators work with a HM thermostat.

With HmIP thermostat, a MIOB or a WHS2 should both work with direct links."

OK, that is our life, returning part of the stuff to Amazon, placed order for HM-IP devices 8)
Zuletzt geändert von Sergo am 16.11.2018, 21:49, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.

Sergo

Re: Problem with non DE time zone in CCU3

Beitrag von Sergo » 14.11.2018, 20:34

Some update on my progress:
Got part of Homematic IP devices for first floor, namely its about few:
- HomeMatic IP Wall Thermostat's 143159A0 (frimware 1.8.0)
- EQ3-AG HMIP-eTRV's

Homematic devices left on second floor, that what I will have going forward

Updated CCU3 to 3.41.11. Positive findings:
- Mediola server started and it works!
- Surprised by the fact that reported earlier problem with time zone on Web is gone! Incredible speed of defect resolution :shock:
Correct_time.png
Correct_time.png (15.01 KiB) 3885 mal betrachtet
Negative part on Homematic IP:
- noticed yesterday and confirmed today. Homematic devices work perfectly on given schedule, but all Homematic IP devices always reacting to set schedule with 1 hour delay :roll: Checked - DST set to auto on all devices.. Probably will need to report this to ELV. Its kind of easy to workaround, but still...
- additionally noticed a lot of communication errors in log: "UNREACH" only by all Homematic IP devices, all located in a limit of 10 meters distance from CCU..and i have no concrete walls inside.
-Additionally, noticed from logs and by overheat in bathroom with Homematic-IP eTRV installed with direct connect to CCU: almost always VALVE_STATE left open with value =4. Disconnected actuator, initialized once again - no difference. Questioned mechanical valve: removed, cleaned, checked - it works properly. Need advice on other options to try...

Now waiting for arrival of Hmip PCBs Bat, meanwhile to be used in parallel with HM-LC-Sw1-Ba-PCB to build joint switch controlling gas heater via CCU by Homematci IP/Homematic devices, until Homematic IP HmIP-WHS2 is released
Zuletzt geändert von Sergo am 19.11.2018, 18:08, insgesamt 2-mal geändert.

Sergo

Re: external antenna for Homematic CCU3

Beitrag von Sergo » 16.11.2018, 21:33

Some updates from me:
not impressed by number of communication errors with Homematic IP devices, got external antenna with occasion.
IMG_1335.JPG
- without issues disintegrated CCU3, with help of Torx 5 & 6.
IMG_1334.JPG

- quickly (yea, hurry, hurry!) drilled hole in casing...and realized that i had to take 2mm right :lol: Had to break internal spacer to enable mounting of socket..
IMG_1336.jpg

- Some hints about soldering wire: first you need to get place for soldering ground of antenna wire. Clean up from paint with scalpel at position 2. Be accurate, remove only green paint.
IMG_1336-2.JPG

- Solder shield wire first, then do the same with central wire. Should look similar
IMG_1337.jpg

- Ok, now its all done and stays in planned position
IMG_1338.jpg
Lets try to put it in horizontal... mmm..hmm... good that I dont need this :shock: :shock: :lol:
But you better count on drilling closer to upper edge
Not the outcome that I could be proud of, but it works ;)
IMG_1339.jpg
IMG_1339.jpg (21.89 KiB) 3843 mal betrachtet
P.S. few words on outcome: number of errors "UNREACH" decreased and now count to 1/3 of initial, but not disappeared and its only about HM-IP devices. I would speculate, but this appear as an issue on devices side..
Zuletzt geändert von Sergo am 19.11.2018, 18:07, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.

tomi_cc16
Danksagung erhalten: 56 Mal

Beitrag von tomi_cc16 » 17.11.2018, 14:08

Sergo hat geschrieben:
16.11.2018, 21:33
few words on outcome: number of errors "UNREACH" decreased and now count to 1/3 of initial, but not disappeared and its only about HM-IP devices. I would speculate, but this appear as an issue on devices side..
As I descriped here for CCU or RaspberrryMatic with Homemtic IP devices that you can not reach good - you can use up till now Homematic IP Switching Plug Socket (HMIP-PSM and HMIP-PS) as a repeater for Homematic IP devices - teach them in and set routing as active - more info here:
viewtopic.php?f=49&t=45340

Sergo

Beitrag von Sergo » 17.11.2018, 23:27

Thanks, Tomi!
Interesting suggestion with HMIP-PSM! Also because I had in plans to get few for control of On-Off critical devices, like iron :roll:

Looked on this guide for adding external antenna https://technikkram.net/2018/07/bessere ... harly-ccu3
Much more accurate work, I have to repeat myself: “no hurry, think twice” :wink:
The only item that is somewhat surprised: is in idea to solder ground wire to the shield of radio module. IMO, use of circuit board for this purpose is easier and just more safe.

Sergo

HmIP-WTH-2 + HmIP-PCBS = how to make this work via script?

Beitrag von Sergo » 21.11.2018, 20:53

Today got my HmIP-PCBS, assembled without issues. But when decided to create program (to switch on heater when there is request from single thermostat) run in to challenge:
- the only exposed in WebUI channels for HmIP-WTH-2 is 0 and 1. This is no use to manipulate with heater, comparing to Homematic HM-TC-IT-WM-W-EU where this was realized as program in few clicks(all channels available in WebUI).
- In addition, looking in xmlapi I understood that other channels of HmIP-WTH-2 (specifically looking on channel 5) is not exposed as datapoints...

I'm lost... so huge, unexpected difference in configuration of Homematic & Homematic IP :shock: :? :cry:
Any help, advice would be much appreciated..

Sammy
Danksagung erhalten: 174 Mal

Beitrag von Sammy » 22.11.2018, 11:29

Channel 5 ist for direct links, used for 2 point regulation. Do you use this direct link?

Best Regards,
Sammy
Links: CCU-Logik, Tipps für Anfänger, WebUI-Doku, Expertenparameter, virtuelle Aktorkanäle
Inventur vom 22.01.14: 516 Kanäle in 165 Geräten, 132 Programme, 270 Direkte Verknüpfungen
Ich übernehme für alle von mir gegebenen Hinweise, Tipps und Links keine Haftung! Das Befolgen meiner Tipps ist nur für Fachkundige gedacht und erfolgt auf eigene Gefahr!

Antworten

Zurück zu „HomeMatic - english“