Support for our english speaking visitors

Moderator: Co-Administratoren

Sergo
Danksagung erhalten: 9 Mal

Re: Newbie start with Homematic CCU3: Initiation

Beitrag von Sergo » 23.11.2018, 19:13

Sammy hat geschrieben:
23.11.2018, 18:49
...And if you switch a coil (from a relais) with these outputs without diode in parallel to the coil, the output transistors will be damaged.
.. And if you use a power adaptor, instead of batteries, why the hell are you using battery actuators??? DON'T USE ACTUATORS THAT ARE DESIGNED FOR BATTERY USE FOR THIS!
That is why added note about shunt diode in P.S.
I just guessed that operating tests at minimal 5V should be OK. But yes, will add it in final assembly, it’s must have!
About “Why PCB type?”, I’m always mentioning it’s a setup for 1.5 month, until I get HmIP-WHS2.. those PCB’s to be utilized then on battery power, as designed.

Sergo

Beitrag von Sergo » 23.11.2018, 22:29

Created program in other way, not using WTH but HMIP-eTRV (while I dont like approach of controlling upper level Master devices through the lowest level devices, instead of "bridging role" of WTH.
Appear to be working properly, by tests. The only point that is worrying: need to somehow add max "On time" ~3hours and if max is triggered = follow by forced "OFF" delay ~2hours. This is required, minimal safety measure..
For the moment not counting for: holiday, not at home and other..
HeatTriggerv2.png
BTW, Alchy, please take in to account that its VERY difficult (close to impossible) to get meaning of similar pictures, in language you do not understand. I'm about your famous viewtopic.php?f=31&t=11015 :? With text Google helps...
Do you see any issues with program? Any suggested improvements?
Zuletzt geändert von Sergo am 28.11.2018, 14:43, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.

Sergo

Re: enabling mail send via mail plugin and Cuxd

Beitrag von Sergo » 26.11.2018, 21:19

decided to enable sending mails from CCU3 with help of e-mail add-on viewtopic.php?f=41&t=18610
At 1.00 o clock it worked :lol: time spent on getting TCL check to pass on my script and that script to provide expected result 8)
e-mail_plugin.png
As a notes on install/configuration progress:
1) its completely fine that plugin do not have English localization (Chrome translate works fine). But at least pop-up error messages, please, please, please, please make localized :cry: Its no fun to manually type error text to Google to get meaning of it
2) TCL check behaving unreliable (in Chrome) after about 5 minutes of extensive tests it always starting to complain about already non-existing errors. Once you recognized this behavior, just reload window and you got another 5 minutes of productive work :roll:

After successful configuration of mail I realized that to enable mail sending I will require Cuxd plugin viewtopic.php?f=37&t=15298 . Feeling like extreme overhead for this simple function, but lets try :D
Managed to install (with help of translated Google document) from second attempt. It works!.
As a notes on install/configuration progress:
1) broken links at first page of viewtopic.php?f=37&t=45236 , somehow did not recognize this thread initially viewtopic.php?f=37&t=15298 :wink:

So, now I have ability to construct and send e-mails. For now did it for notifications on switch of heater (HEAT_STATE is an system variable indicating logical status of GAS heater"
Mail_alert_program.png
Zuletzt geändert von Sergo am 28.11.2018, 14:43, insgesamt 3-mal geändert.

tomi_cc16
Danksagung erhalten: 56 Mal

Re: enabling mail send via mail plugin and Cuxd

Beitrag von tomi_cc16 » 26.11.2018, 21:30

Sergo hat geschrieben:
26.11.2018, 21:19
1) its completely fine that plugin do not have English localization (Chrome translate works fine). But at least pop-up error messages, please, please, please, please make localized :cry: Its no fun to manually type error text to Google to get meaning of it
2) TCL check behaving unreliable (in Chrome) after about 5 minutes of extensive tests it always starting to complain about already non-existing errors. Once you recognized this behavior, just reload window and you got another 5 minutes of productive work :roll:
The best would be to open an issue here: https://github.com/jens-maus/hm_email/issues or to contact the creator: HMside
Sergo hat geschrieben:
26.11.2018, 21:19
After successful configuration of mail I realized that to enable mail sending I will require Cuxd plugin viewtopic.php?f=37&t=15298
Managed to install (with help of translated Google document) from second attempt. It works!.
Good that the translated CuxD documention helped - it's now in Version 0.1 and not for the public - after I'll find the time to do some basic correction I'll publish Version 0.2 for all here: viewtopic.php?f=49&t=45485

Sergo

Re: manage Junkers Euroline from Homematic & Homematic IP

Beitrag von Sergo » 26.11.2018, 21:42

This challenge created by my decision to get two different type of devices, installed on different floors. Future requirement is to get heater managed by direct connection of at least two IP Wall thermostats. While waiting for release of HmIP-WHS2 I had to manage heater manually :shock:

So decided to utilize two devices that I got for coming summer: HM-LC-Sw1-Ba-PCB & HmIP-PCBS (Sammy, sorry :!: )
This supposed to utilize idea of managing heater from Homematic & Homematic IP devices simultaneously.
Tested on workbench, all fine. Connected to heater - always ON. What the hell?
Thanks going to Sammy, who absolutely correctly predicted that on contacts of Junkers Euroline is AC, not DC.. how I remembered DC from 2008, when I installed previous thermostat, God knows :?
Ok, got relay, got all assembled in an temporary box according to schematics:
junkers_connect.png
and connected to heater. It works!!! 8)
As temporary solution, from existing parts - looks reasonable, IMHO.

BTW, while completing final steps, realized that I don't have required shut diode. Turned everything upside down in the house and found box from my childhood (80's) and there was few perfectly crafted, glass diodes (see on relay) :lol:
Switch_box.jpg
Zuletzt geändert von Sergo am 26.11.2018, 23:22, insgesamt 2-mal geändert.

Sergo

Beitrag von Sergo » 26.11.2018, 23:16

Got an idea to try with install of RedMatic: Node-RED as addon for CCU3 viewtopic.php?f=77&t=43508
Main Goal is to test integration with Apple Homekit (Siri).

Install of plugin took 16 minutes and made me a bit nervous :wink:

Noticed again and would highlight difference in behavior of Homematic & Homematic IP devices on CCU restart:
- Homematic devices handle it gracefully, and keep their state before restart
- all my IP devices: WTH & etrv devices appearing in off state after restart and require manual intervention to get them running :oops: Not really fault proof, but my CCU on back UPS. 8)

Back to RedMatic: Node-RED. Successfully installed, checked that it works. Noticed absence of English localization, even in menu :? but not really critical as in Cuxd.
So I have something to play around for a while 8)

blueznl
Danksagung erhalten: 1 Mal

Beitrag von blueznl » 03.12.2018, 16:54

If I understood correctly you want to build a complete systeem that should work WITHOUT the CCU, correct?

To be honest, I don't think that might be possible, or entirely possibe :-) But is that really an issue? (And is that still your purpose?)

I mean, the heater itself is a single point of failure, so in the control chain...

thermostat --> CCU --> heater

... It is indeed true that the CCU would be a single point of failure, and it would add a little to the complexity and thus failure chance of the whole system, but it is a risk on the same level as the heater itself breaking down.

tomi_cc16
Danksagung erhalten: 56 Mal

Beitrag von tomi_cc16 » 05.12.2018, 12:01

blueznl hat geschrieben:
03.12.2018, 16:54
If I understood correctly you want to build a complete systeem that should work WITHOUT the CCU, correct?
To be honest, I don't think that might be possible, or entirely possibe
I think what Sergo is trying to do is to use as much direct connections as possible - so when CCU is not working the standard things should still work.
But you are right everything with direct connection is not possible !!

blueznl
Danksagung erhalten: 1 Mal

Beitrag von blueznl » 05.12.2018, 12:27

Buy a spare CCU. And a spare boiler. Redundancy everywhere! :-)

Antworten

Zurück zu „HomeMatic - english“