How to switch on the Electric Boiler (Elektrisch Heizkessel) with thermostatic radiator heads?

Support for our english speaking visitors

Moderator: Co-Administratoren

Sergo
Danksagung erhalten: 9 Mal

Re: How to switch on the Electric Boiler (Elektrisch Heizkessel) with thermostatic radiator heads?

Beitrag von Sergo » 03.01.2019, 09:02

I am monitoring all the interesting stuff you do, but although I went through several semesters of programming, database handling, etc., I am always looking for the working solution from manufacturer, which WHS2 seems to be (and I am really lazy to get too deep in to CCU3 programming :-) ).
Anyway thanks a lot for the great job you guys do, especially Tomi_cc16 and you Sergo ;-)
We both on similar level. What I did for handling of heater does not require any programming. Just Boolean logic :D
But yes, I completely with you on overall expectations and since our use-case not taken care for at least 4 years (that is time I’m monitoring progress of Homematic) I’m often questioning myself and my German friends: is it true that natural gas is used in Germany by very minor part of customers? :?

blueznl
Danksagung erhalten: 1 Mal

Re: How to switch on the Electric Boiler (Elektrisch Heizkessel) with thermostatic radiator heads?

Beitrag von blueznl » 07.01.2019, 17:08

> In this case: Homematic Thermostat is supposed to collect information from radiator actuators paired and drive On/Off
> decision to switch on gas heater.

Now you confuse me even more 8)

Seriously though, isn't this easy?

Can't you simply read in the radiator valve positions, and start pumps and heating when one is open for more than 10% or so? (It's what I use for my floor heating pumps.)

papperone

Beitrag von papperone » 08.01.2019, 11:04

I would like to share as well my current solution, it requires Home Assistant by the way but it's fairly simple.

I setup HmIP with several thermostat radiator valves (eTRV) and one access point (HAP).
Then I setup rooms and groups in the HmIP applications and as well all the heating profiles (time schedule and temperature).
Finally I added the HmIP integration component to Home Assistant and build a NodeRed flow which read all valves positions, define is valve is open or not based on the threshold (for me it was 5%) then build a simple logic to set a "flag" TRUE when at least one valve is open or set the same "flag" to FALSE otherwise (all valves close).
Then this flag is used to close/open the relative screw terminal of my gas-boiler using a simple ESP8266 based module that is integrated in Home Assistant via MQTT.
This setup is active since few weeks and despite initial tweaking it seems to rumn smoothly :)

Next things to implement is to handle the scheduling and temperature setup direclty from Home Assistant interface but it will take a while as I've other projects running in my home automation setup!

tomi_cc16
Danksagung erhalten: 56 Mal

Beitrag von tomi_cc16 » 08.01.2019, 11:31

Giovanni,

that sounds very interesting! Can you post for the community some pics from the Node-Red flow and ESP8266 installation?

Regards

Thomas

FYI - for those starting with own script programs on CCU3 / RaspberryMatic, I really recommend you to use the Addon RedMatic with Node-Red (also Blockly possible), its much easier and comfortable than scripts.

papperone

Beitrag von papperone » 08.01.2019, 17:00

Sure, below the Nodered flow; the left side are all the valve entities in Home Assistant that provides the current status (from 0% to 100%).
After the value is controlled and if above a minimum threshold (5% for me) a flag for that valve is setup as "OPEN" else will be "CLOSE" (visible on the bottom of the node itself as a status and red/green dot); another node is checking all the valve status and if it finds at least one that is open it will set the boiler status to "TURN ON" else it will be "TURN OFF"; at the end a switch node triggers the proper event to turn the circulation pump of the boiler on or off.
nodered-heating.jpg
I don't have handy a picture of the boiler setup but it's really simple; just a 5V power supply which power up a Wemos D1 Mini that runs "Tasmota" and drives a dry-contact relay trought one of his GPIO based on the command received from Home Assistant via MQTT; this dry contact is connected to my boiler screw terminal where I used to have connected the old "manual" thermostat.

If anyone needs more information please ask :)

blueznl
Danksagung erhalten: 1 Mal

Beitrag von blueznl » 08.01.2019, 23:10

In a similar vein, if you want to do it in the CCU2/3, in pseudocode:

Program 1

if valve1 > 5% or valve2 > 5% or valve3 > 5%
immediately close relais to start pump and boiler
endif

Program 2

if valve1 < 5% and valve2 < 5% and valve3 < 5%
after 15 minutes open relais to stop pump and boiler
endif

papperone

Beitrag von papperone » 11.01.2019, 12:38

tomi_cc16 hat geschrieben:
11.01.2019, 12:03
Its coming they just released version 1.1 of the WHS2 manual on their webpage:
https://www.eq-3.de/Downloads/eq3/downl ... UM_web.pdf
good news but... I can't understand if it can be used for "dry contacts" driving (like majority of gas boiles sold in my country)

Sergo
Danksagung erhalten: 9 Mal

Beitrag von Sergo » 01.02.2019, 09:13

yep, yesterday got notification for shipment from ELV

Antworten

Zurück zu „HomeMatic - english“