Support for our english speaking visitors

Moderator: Co-Administratoren

Sergo
Danksagung erhalten: 9 Mal

Re: playing with HmIP-WHS2

Beitrag von Sergo » 12.02.2019, 09:10

Sergo hat geschrieben:
11.02.2019, 21:22
P.S. Doctor.ventil, if tomorrow morning I will wake-up in 21C, will post to ELV additional question about connecting eTRV to WHS2.. I alos have one installed without use of WTH2
It was warm in my house this morning :lol:
Posted additional question on ELV forum for Doctor.ventil Link

Doctor.ventil

Re: Newbie start with Homematic CCU3: Initiation

Beitrag von Doctor.ventil » 12.02.2019, 23:59

Thanks a lot Sergo :-)

Nevertheless I am still not sure the WHS2 is solution for my setup...ať least definitely not based on the answer on elv :-D

Sergo

Beitrag von Sergo » 13.02.2019, 11:30

elkotek hat geschrieben:
12.02.2019, 23:59
a direct device connections between --> HmIP-eTRV and HmIP-WHS2 it is not possible. A 2-point control --> difference between set-point-temperature vs actual-temperature is only possible with a CCU2/3 and a script-solution.
Sounds like you have to ask for CCU3 + WHS2 on Valentine's day :lol: :D

Doctor.ventil

Beitrag von Doctor.ventil » 13.02.2019, 21:20

Then I really don't get the existence of WHS2... what should then this device be connected with?

Anyway in the worst case I will need to go for CCU3...quite an invest, but then I will solve it forever.

I will try to call to Homematic helpline to discuss a bit what are the options...

Anyway again many thanks buddy ;-)

Doctor.ventil

Beitrag von Doctor.ventil » 14.02.2019, 12:58

So :-)

I have called with Homematic support and they confirmed etrv2 can communicate directly with WHS2 element without need of CCU3. They have also mentioned set-up of WHS2 is described in manual in app (only in german, but on homematic web page also in english - although the name i still left as Anwenderhandbuch), which I didn't check for longer time and voila - it is there with multiple options for set up, like without leading room (there you select which room radiator heads can switch on/off the boiler - my case), or with leading room (in case you want one thermostat rule all rooms), etc...

They have also confirmed WHS2 is capable of potential free (non potential) boiler management :-)

So I have just ordered it, will let you know probably in original topic once it is connected and working ;-)

Sergo

Beitrag von Sergo » 14.02.2019, 17:45

Doctor.ventil hat geschrieben:
14.02.2019, 12:58
So :-)

I have called with Homematic support and they confirmed etrv2 can communicate directly with WHS2 element without need of CCU3. They have also mentioned set-up of WHS2 is described in manual in app (only in german, but on homematic web page also in english..
They have also confirmed WHS2 is capable of potential free (non potential) boiler management :-)
We already know (and did a live check :D ) about availability of “dry” contacts in WHS2...
as for the rest - surprising and great to hear! Will wait for your report on results of testing, I also have got an idea how to improve WHS2, hope to get required parts tomorrow, stay tuned! 8)

Doctor.ventil

Beitrag von Doctor.ventil » 14.02.2019, 18:31

Yeah, after I have posted the info I have also carefully read your description, your connection picture forced me to search for what is NO and NC type of circuit :-D

Generally what you have drawn there should be also in manual...

Sergo

Beitrag von Sergo » 14.02.2019, 18:43

Doctor.ventil hat geschrieben:
14.02.2019, 18:31
... what is NO and NC type of circuit :-D
Generally what you have drawn there should be also in manual...
That is straightforward: Normally Open and Normally Closed contacts :roll:

Yeah, current eQ3 approach on delivery of product to customers is, at least, surprising. :shock:
I would expect manufacturer to provide list of common setups for each unit, if not in manual - then as online guide. It’s simply difficult to imagine that in 21 century customer have to search on third party forums to find out how that device designed to work... crap :cry:
P.S. sounds like I have to get latest version of manual..

Sergo

Improving HmIP-WHS2: switch position indicator

Beitrag von Sergo » 17.02.2019, 22:04

On Friday I got pair of LED indicators (12V DC), exactly fit in to HmIP-WHS2 space.
LED_Indicator.jpg
LED_Indicator.jpg (50.38 KiB) 3768 mal betrachtet
I'm missing this in current design of HmIP-WHS2: visual indication of WHS2 switch state and I'm in strong believe this is highly useful.
LED_connection.jpg
Quickly connected in parallel to controlling coil of both relays, for test. No questions it works!
LED_connection.jpg (38.4 KiB) 3768 mal betrachtet
Junkers_HmIP-WHS2.jpg
This is an finishing touch in my heating setup, for now
Junkers_HmIP-WHS2.jpg (29.84 KiB) 3765 mal betrachtet

Total cost for this nice visualization: ‎€2.10 + ‎€9.67 (delivery) :D
Job satisfaction - priceless 8)

Sergo

Issue with incorrect schedule run on CCU3

Beitrag von Sergo » 09.04.2019, 11:14

Again got in to troubles with HmIP and it seem to be related to timezone/DST change :cry:

To remind, my current setup:
CCU3 based system with:
1) few sets of HmIP-WTH-2 + HmIP-eTRV-2 on first floor
2) few sets of HM-TC-IT-WM-W-EU + HM-CC-RT-DN on second floor

All worked fine whole winter. BTW, I'm living in Estonia (GMT+2, DST 1).

My timezone configuration in CCU3 as below:
CCU3_timezone_settings.jpg
All connected to CCU3 devices configured in same way, as:
WTH2_timezone settings.jpg
Somewhere around March 30, I upgraded CCU3 firmware to 3.45.5. Next day started to see some strange issues (but had no time to dig in) and around April 2 upgraded once again to freshly released firmware 3.45.7.
In between, switch to summer time happened.

Where I'm today:
- HM devices work flawlessly, did not even touch those.
- With HmIP devices behavior is at least strange: it runs by set schedule always by 2 hours late, no matter what I do. Had even tried resetting one group of HmIP-WTH-2 + HmIP-eTRV-2 devices, no difference.

Is here anyone, who aware of related issues in latest firmware released for CCU3?
If no, may you recommend anything to try checking, outside of rolling back to previous firmware version? I'm running out of options...
:(

Antworten

Zurück zu „HomeMatic - english“