Programming issue - wall thermostat + radiator

Support for our english speaking visitors

Moderator: Co-Administratoren

a_patch

Programming issue - wall thermostat + radiator

Beitrag von a_patch » 10.05.2019, 16:55

Hi All,

I just started to play around with Homematic with more just simply putting radiator valves and leave it on auto. I got few wall thermostats HmIP-WTH-2 and IP switch actuator HmIP-WHS2. Thanks to viewtopic.php?f=49&t=46514 I was able to connect everything up.

Issue I do have is that tried to connect HmIP-WTH-2 with HM-CC-RT-DN via RaspberryMatic. I did very simple program that should adjust temp radiator to wall thermostat temp on change. But it is not. When I run program manually it is, but not on it's own. I tried to use system variable and it is updated only when I start program manually.

What am I missing?

Bild
Dateianhänge
Annotation 2019-05-10 155415.png
a_patch

tomi_cc16
Danksagung erhalten: 56 Mal

Re: Programming issue - wall thermostat + radiator

Beitrag von tomi_cc16 » 10.05.2019, 21:33

Why you do that??

I would never do that. Like I wrote many times use direct connections or groups. But you can only connect HmIP devices with HmIP devices because they have the same protocol. Dont mix HM protocol with HmIP protocol devices. Yes you can do programs like you try and use RaspberryMatic as the middleware but you make your life so complicated.

Please read carefully all info here:
viewtopic.php?f=49&t=41325#p410395

In one room the recommendation is not to mix Homematic IP protocol and Homematic protocol devices because a direct connection is not possible between different protocols

a_patch

Beitrag von a_patch » 13.05.2019, 17:12

I'm sorry if I misunderstood, but I read your article about direct connection and compatibility issues, and I assumed you cannot mix two protocols within one room. I'm doing this just for test purpose and to see how programming works. HMIP thermostat will be connected to HmIP-WTH-2 directly and will be mainly used for boost function. Radiator thermostats HM-CC-RT-DN in rooms will talk to CCU only. CCU then should be able to read from radiator thermostats and via program turn on or off WTH.

Am I missing something?
a_patch

tomi_cc16

Beitrag von tomi_cc16 » 13.05.2019, 19:10

How many HM-CC-RT-DN you want to control? Why dont you connect them to a HM-TC-IT-WM-W-EU?
Or use automatic time schedule?

And you want to use the HmIP-WTH-2 for what? Connect it with only one HMIP-WHS2 no HMIP-eTRV?

Your scenario is a bit unclear to me.

a_patch

Beitrag von a_patch » 14.05.2019, 13:23

I do have HM-CC-RT-DN on 4 radiators (2 more to come). Automatic schedule is set on all of these and I'm happy with that.

My current setup is allowing me to turn on heating based on temperature from one wall thermostat that is placed in corridor. I assume it is coldest place in the house. When this thermostat is set to 21 in winter time it will heat rooms to 20, but in summer time temperature in rooms will be much higher. That why I bought HM-CC-RT-DN, so I can create zones for every room. It is working OK'ish for last few years, but in spring time, when we set temp on wall thermostat to 18 to not overheat rooms, if temp outside drops to 3 (and it is quite common in May in Ireland) it is freezing in rooms in the morning, until someone adjust thermostat to higher temp.

I'd like to use HMIP-WHS2 to turn on my boiler if HmIP-WTH-2 boost was triggered AND/OR when HM-CC-RT-DN temperature drops bellow automatic schedule temperature (21 day, 17 night).
a_patch

tomi_cc16

Beitrag von tomi_cc16 » 15.05.2019, 10:09

Hi,

sorry I don't have a perfect solution for you but maybe the information here will help:
viewtopic.php?f=49&t=46022#p462803

Transfered to your case:

IF HmIP-WTH-2 boost button was triggered
AND/OR when HM-CC-RT-DN1 temperature drops bellow automatic schedule temperature (21 day, 17 night)
AND/OR when HM-CC-RT-DN2 temperature drops bellow automatic schedule temperature (21 day, 17 night)
AND/OR when HM-CC-RT-DN3 temperature drops bellow automatic schedule temperature (21 day, 17 night)
AND/OR when HM-CC-RT-DN4 temperature drops bellow automatic schedule temperature (21 day, 17 night)
THAN switch on time for HMIP-WHS2 for e.g. 20 min
THAN Bolier immediately Switch Status "On"

So it will shut down automatically after 20min

What you could also try is to install the Addon Redmatic and create the flows in node-Red, from my first experience much easier programming than in HM language and many many general documentations in the internet.

a_patch

Beitrag von a_patch » 15.05.2019, 17:35

Hi,

and hanks tomi_cc16 for your help. Funny you mentioned node-Red. I just installed it yesterday thinking it will be easier to program with this :) Anyway, the new gas boiler will be installed tomorrow. Then I will have a live system I can play with and I can test your program.
a_patch

tomi_cc16

Beitrag von tomi_cc16 » 14.07.2019, 16:24

a_patch hat geschrieben:
15.05.2019, 17:35
Hi,

and thanks tomi_cc16 for your help. Funny you mentioned node-Red. I just installed it yesterday thinking it will be easier to program with this :) Anyway, the new gas boiler will be installed tomorrow. Then I will have a live system I can play with and I can test your program.
Just out of pure curiosity did you succeed?

a_patch

Beitrag von a_patch » 15.07.2019, 01:10

Absolutely. I should update this topic earlier, but I was bit busy redoing my openHab integration. Evrything is working OK. I'm still trying to figure out some extras, like easy switch for summer, winter mode, or why sometimes valves are open when it shoudn't, but those are mall issues.
a_patch

tomi_cc16

Beitrag von tomi_cc16 » 20.08.2019, 01:09

a_patch hat geschrieben:
15.07.2019, 01:10
Absolutely. I should update this topic earlier, but I was bit busy redoing my openHab integration. Evrything is working OK. I'm still trying to figure out some extras, like easy switch for summer, winter mode, or why sometimes valves are open when it shoudn't, but those are mall issues.
Would be perfect if you could post your solution

Antworten

Zurück zu „HomeMatic - english“